997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ventilated Seat Stains

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
Has anyone tried the method in the past thread? I just noticed some small stains in my passenger seat, not enough that porsche would replace the seats, but they're bugging the crap out of me. Just want a good leather cleaner that will work andnotworsen the stains. Cant believe the vented seats are so prone to staining.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:23 PM
restonguy is on a distinguished road
My Before and After shots of Ventilated Seats

Dethman,
I am uploading before and after pictures of my efforts to gt rid of the ugly "stains". Just note that the before pics are in natural sunlight and the after pics are with a strobe, but they represent what I see in sunlight.

I believe using the Leather Master Soft Cleaner works very well. Other products may have the same effect, but this is what I used.
In discussing this with my dealer, they had no fix for this and said it was due to the foam backing under the leather. I did not believe that.

I would not want new dealer seats if the leather is the same as what they have delivered with our cars. I believe there is a fundamental issue with the technique they use to tan/color the leather and punch the perforations. I think just replacing the seats with similar ones would be futile.

I have looked at the new 991 ventilated seats and I cannot tell if they had the same issue, but the leather looks somewhat different.

Attached Images     
Old 05-15-2012, 12:15 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
that's impressive, my stains are not nearly to that level but am worried one spill and it's all over. i will go ahead and give this a shot. thanks.

Originally Posted by restonguy
Dethman,
I am uploading before and after pictures of my efforts to gt rid of the ugly "stains". Just note that the before pics are in natural sunlight and the after pics are with a strobe, but they represent what I see in sunlight.

I believe using the Leather Master Soft Cleaner works very well. Other products may have the same effect, but this is what I used.
In discussing this with my dealer, they had no fix for this and said it was due to the foam backing under the leather. I did not believe that.

I would not want new dealer seats if the leather is the same as what they have delivered with our cars. I believe there is a fundamental issue with the technique they use to tan/color the leather and punch the perforations. I think just replacing the seats with similar ones would be futile.

I have looked at the new 991 ventilated seats and I cannot tell if they had the same issue, but the leather looks somewhat different.