997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Bluetooth Audio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chinaski-NY
Per ViseeO this will not work with the 997's. They told me to send it back, don't waste your time with this thing.
Well that would be a bad design. The device should mimic out its iConnector, a full iWidget device.. and it (the Viseeo) should not care or know about what sort of thing is on the other side of the connector but just implment the iDock interface protocols and support the pins fully.

To have it not work with a car, when the iPhone/iPod does work with the car would indicate the viseeo isn't fully and cleanly developed like it should be.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:29 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MPM
Gave this the Viseo Tune2Air WMA 100 a try on the recommendation of another member:

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories

Can't believe how well it worked on my iphone! Audio quality is great! Steering wheel controls work! Name of the tracks show up on the screen as if it were directly connected.

Even worked with my Android, but the track names don't show up. But steering wheel controls still work. I don't even have to pull my phone out of my pockets!

This also apparently works in BMW, VW, Mercedes, and Range Rovers

I would consider this the best solution by far so far!
Sent you a PM regarding if the phone still works handsfree and with all its functions through the PCM with this adapter...

Thank you and Happy New Years!

Old 12-31-2013, 02:30 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Chinaski-NY
HA! Well im glad to report back that I got the damn thing to work! Googled PCM3 and WMA1000 and found a pic on Rennlist What I had no idea of was to plug the USB plug into the car, I figured that was for plugging in an android phone or other USB storage device. Also I didn't have the USB plug in there when I directly connected an ipod and the PCM manual said nothing (it's a lousy manual to be honest). So the damn thing works as well as MPM says it does. Full control of your iphone's music library and Pandora and probably other music apps as well just like it was plugged in directly. Nice toy

Sent you a PM regarding if the phone still works handsfree and with all its functions through the PCM with this adapter...

Thank you and Happy New Years!

Old 12-31-2013, 03:28 PM
SoCal GT3 will become famous soon enough
+1, I would like to know if the bluetooth handsfree for phone calls would still work since you are connected to another bluetooth device and not the PCM's bluetooth.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by SoCal GT3
+1, I would like to know if the bluetooth handsfree for phone calls would still work since you are connected to another bluetooth device and not the PCM's bluetooth.
I have PM's out to 3 people on here. Hopefully will get a straight answer and I'll report back...

Thanks!

Steve

Old 12-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SoCal GT3
Short answer: Yes they do: audio goes through the WMA 1000 and phone calls through the PCM 3.0
Answer is in regards to the Tune2Air WMA1000

I got two of them: one in my Carrera and one in my X3

Last edited by Hatzenbach; 12-31-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
Short answer: Yes they do: audio goes through the WMA 1000 and phone calls through the PCM 3.0

Thank you so much!

Just ordered one through Amazon with a gift card I got for the holidays.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:22 PM
MPM
MPM is on a distinguished road
Looks like the questions were answered, but yes. Everything works as it should, just like the iphone was connected directly. Steering wheel controls to answer or hangup, and advance tracks still work.

With an Android, you don't get track names on the display. Hopefully they will fix that in the near future. In the meantime it is the best option for getting Android phones to work at all.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by MPM
Looks like the questions were answered, but yes. Everything works as it should, just like the iphone was connected directly. Steering wheel controls to answer or hangup, and advance tracks still work.

With an Android, you don't get track names on the display. Hopefully they will fix that in the near future. In the meantime it is the best option for getting Android phones to work at all.
Thank you and Happy New Years!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Bokchoys is on a distinguished road
wow... that's nice.... I might have to pick one of those up.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:37 PM
SoCal GT3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hatzenbach

Thank you for the answer!

Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Bluetooth spec allows a single device (your phone) to be simultaneously be paired with many other devices.. I think I read 5 or so is a practical limit. So the phone can pair bluetooth via HFP to the PCM for phone service, and pair A2DP for audio streaming to the gadget plugged into the universal audio interface pretending to be an iPod.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 AM
MMK110464 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jster
mseligson-- think of bluetooth as a type of wireless technology whereby the implementor of the technology gets to pick and choose which specific subcomponents of the technology are implemented...tall stack of stuff whereby each item in the stack allows you to do a different thing...one thing allows exchange of data, one thing allows you to control the audio and video on your mobile phone, one thing allows you to stream audio from a phone to something else (or vice versa), one thing allows you to transfer contact information and address books, etc. So the stack that Porsche bought in the PCM 3.0 allows you to transfer an address book from the phone to the car, lets the address book synch, lets you dial, talk and initiate/terminate a call, lets you voice dial, etc. What it appears they did not buy/implement was the protocol that allows you to control your phone/music player thru PCM over BT and stream music to/thru the PCM. This specific protocol appears to be added in PCM 3.1. They limited the music playing ability to hardwired devices (CD/DVD/radio/Ipod/USB/AUX) which is far, far better than what they had before.
jster:

Outstanding explanation. Rep point added

Old 05-30-2014, 02:53 PM
o'bluetouring is on a distinguished road
I just received the Viseeo tune2air Bluetooth device, and everything works great out of the box on the initial try: I was able to play iTunes radio from the phone and it allowed me to control the station/song from PCM. It also showed the album/song title. It also allowed me to pick different iTunes radio stations.

This worked a lot better than my two previous A2DP dongles I got; those two will only played through AUX input, even though I'm using the USB-iPod Y Cable. And of course it's not controllable through PCM because it's on AUX.
These two actually worked very well in my friends' Audi and Mercedes and were controllable too, but for some reason these don't work with PCM.

As mentioned above, Viseeo worked great on the initial try last night, but when I got into the car this morning, it showed that iPod is not connected and the music played through AUX again. After unplug/replug the device, I got it to play again. However, after a few minutes, BOTH phone BT and A2DP BT connections were disconnected, and I had to restart my iPhone's BT connections to re-establish the connection.

For users with Viseeo, did you experience this???

Old 05-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by o'bluetouring
I just received the Viseeo tune2air Bluetooth device, and everything works great out of the box on the initial try: I was able to play iTunes radio from the phone and it allowed me to control the station/song from PCM. It also showed the album/song title. It also allowed me to pick different iTunes radio stations.

This worked a lot better than my two previous A2DP dongles I got; those two will only played through AUX input, even though I'm using the USB-iPod Y Cable. And of course it's not controllable through PCM because it's on AUX.
These two actually worked very well in my friends' Audi and Mercedes and were controllable too, but for some reason these don't work with PCM.

As mentioned above, Viseeo worked great on the initial try last night, but when I got into the car this morning, it showed that iPod is not connected and the music played through AUX again. After unplug/replug the device, I got it to play again. However, after a few minutes, BOTH phone BT and A2DP BT connections were disconnected, and I had to restart my iPhone's BT connections to re-establish the connection.

For users with Viseeo, did you experience this???
Mine didn't do that specifically, but the sound would cut in and out...I returned it as it was very annoying.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Bluetooth Audio?