997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Bluetooth Audio?

Old 05-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Chinaski-NY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by o'bluetouring
I just received the Viseeo tune2air Bluetooth device, and everything works great out of the box on the initial try: I was able to play iTunes radio from the phone and it allowed me to control the station/song from PCM. It also showed the album/song title. It also allowed me to pick different iTunes radio stations.

This worked a lot better than my two previous A2DP dongles I got; those two will only played through AUX input, even though I'm using the USB-iPod Y Cable. And of course it's not controllable through PCM because it's on AUX.
These two actually worked very well in my friends' Audi and Mercedes and were controllable too, but for some reason these don't work with PCM.

As mentioned above, Viseeo worked great on the initial try last night, but when I got into the car this morning, it showed that iPod is not connected and the music played through AUX again. After unplug/replug the device, I got it to play again. However, after a few minutes, BOTH phone BT and A2DP BT connections were disconnected, and I had to restart my iPhone's BT connections to re-establish the connection.

For users with Viseeo, did you experience this???

A couple things to try, make sure your iphone has the latest iOS update, reboot your iphone (hold top button and front home button until apple logo appears). If you still have issues it maybe a bad Viseeo unit and would need a replacement.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:20 AM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by o'bluetouring
I just received the Viseeo tune2air Bluetooth device, and everything works great out of the box on the initial try: I was able to play iTunes radio from the phone and it allowed me to control the station/song from PCM. It also showed the album/song title. It also allowed me to pick different iTunes radio stations.

This worked a lot better than my two previous A2DP dongles I got; those two will only played through AUX input, even though I'm using the USB-iPod Y Cable. And of course it's not controllable through PCM because it's on AUX.
These two actually worked very well in my friends' Audi and Mercedes and were controllable too, but for some reason these don't work with PCM.

As mentioned above, Viseeo worked great on the initial try last night, but when I got into the car this morning, it showed that iPod is not connected and the music played through AUX again. After unplug/replug the device, I got it to play again. However, after a few minutes, BOTH phone BT and A2DP BT connections were disconnected, and I had to restart my iPhone's BT connections to re-establish the connection.

For users with Viseeo, did you experience this???
I am not sure I am following here:
If the iPhone is not able to establish a BT connection how can the music play through AUX?

Do you have a smartwatch (like a Pebble)?

With my Tune2Air I very rarely have to activate the BT connection from the BT control panel on the iPhone again. If that doesn't do it, I would think you should RMA the Tune2Air and get a new one

Old 05-31-2014, 04:00 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Problems with the viseo can usually be traced to a bad connection with the plug. As in any other electoric part relative to the car's audio, where our porsches really suck, the plug is a weak link and usually gets corroded and loose, unlike the original apple products. Shaking, cleaning, plugging and unplugging, usually works.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
I had to return mine too. It worked great the first day and then it was constantly cutting off and couldn't control the volume.

Last edited by Robocop305; 06-01-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:48 AM
kcheves is on a distinguished road
Returning mine also. Can't live with the dropouts.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 AM
mclaren997 is on a distinguished road
Me too, my tune 2 air worked awhile then started skipping. I'm going to try direct connect with a lightning to 30 pin connector.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:49 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
I too had some problems with non connect, specially after not using car for some time, and skipping every so often. Cleaned the plug with contact cleaner. Working well for me.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:35 PM
mclaren997 is on a distinguished road
Fwiw I plugged my iPhone directly into the y cable and it didn't work so I plugged the tune 2 air back in and it worked perfectly. I did jiggle the iPod connection to the car.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:18 AM
brabuse430 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to revive this thread but it looks like the item stays powered on when I turn off the car. Will it eventually turn off? Im worried about my battery eventually dying because of this trickle.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:07 AM
997-318touring is an unknown quantity at this point
It'll stay on for 10-15 mins

Old 03-25-2018, 12:32 PM
R.ROBOT is on a distinguished road
Hi to all,

I'm looking for a solution to streaming from my iPhone 8 in my 2011 911 GTS.

I am in no way a tech person, just find this somewhat confusing. So what's the least problematic way to stream with my set up?

Thanks mucho, Bob.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:21 AM
DEEP6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got the TEQStone USB Bluetooth Receiver and it actually works very well. It was very inexpensive ($10.99) so my hopes were fairly low, but it really surprised me. You can find the product link
here here
if you are interested in further researching this solution.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:36 AM
byroncheung is an unknown quantity at this point
hi just got a new to me 2012 997.2 c2s. looking to buy a bluetooth to aux dongle so i can hear music / map directions from the car's speaker.
right now the blue phone is working with the car already, i wonder how would it interact with the dongle? specifically, if the car phone bluetooth is connected to the phone already, and the dongle is also in use, which mic will pick up my voice when i make a call? someone must have similar setup?

Old 08-26-2019, 01:05 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I just did the MR12Volt BT module this am. Replaced both a Parrot 3100 and a NAV-TV with this inexpensive unit. It pairs instantly and the sound is on bar with a direct fiberoptic signal previously achieved with the CD changer. Very happy with it

Old 08-26-2019, 02:17 PM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eclou
I just did the MR12Volt BT module this am. Replaced both a Parrot 3100 and a NAV-TV with this inexpensive unit. It pairs instantly and the sound is on bar with a direct fiberoptic signal previously achieved with the CD changer. Very happy with it
Can you post some pictures and where you bought it?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Bluetooth Audio?