997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Orange Tuning - Proceed with Caution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 PM
pabafree1995 is on a distinguished road
Orange Tuning - Proceed with Caution

I know I 've posted recently, but I did call Orange Tuning for a problem with the Decatane lights. Attempted to contact since September including multiple emails and 2 phone calls. No response. Just proceed with caution. Fortunately, most folks have a good experience with just a few issues with the dectane lights. But if you do have a problem, consider your $600+ gonzo.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Customer service is a great value. After reading the forum posts I decided to go with ROTtec lights, mainly because they are there if you need them (and I needed their help few times) I paid a bit more, but well worth the piece of mind.
Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope you'll resolve it.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Sucks that u got screwed but i was debating about getting it from frank as well but i didnt have 600 to take a chance to deal with over seas. If comes cracked broken ect shipping bak and forth. Best bet rottec i got his led setup solid guy

Old 11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
Orders for Canada and United States are no longer offered by Orange Tuning.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:07 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gadgetman
Wow, I wonder what happens now if you have an issue with the lights already purchased.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:18 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
I heard something similar before... any truth to this new statement?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:18 PM
drive2006c4s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by krysFly
Wow, I wonder what happens now if you have an issue with the lights already purchased.
we are screwed...

Old 11-06-2011, 06:44 PM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
I heard something similar before... any truth to this new statement?
Yesterday, I tried to order a 2nd set of Dectane LED tail light for my buddy and after I place the item in my shopping cart and tried to make a purchase, Canada and USA are no longer available for shipping (no longer listed on drop down options).

Here is the link to the product. Add it to your shopping cart and see for yourself.

http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/dec...l-p-84942.html

All the best,
Darren

Old 11-06-2011, 07:43 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
It never was when I first ordered it... I had to provide info and payment via email.

Yesterday, I tried to order a 2nd set of Dectane LED tail light for my buddy and after I place the item in my shopping cart and tried to make a purchase, Canada and USA are no longer available for shipping (no longer listed on drop down options).

Here is the link to the product. Add it to your shopping cart and see for yourself.

http://www.orange-tuning.de/shop/dec...l-p-84942.html

All the best,
Darren

Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
It never was when I first ordered it... I had to provide info and payment via email.
I ordered mine through their website, and made payments using my visa card. I have an electronic receipt showing dectane GmbH address, payment method, Order No, Order Date, Customer ID #, my Shipping U.S. address, and etc...

Old 11-06-2011, 09:08 PM
lo997s is on a distinguished road
I purchased my Dectane LEDs a few months ago from a US company located in the Bay Area (http://www.revoms.com/). To date, I have had zero problems with the lights, but I know of one customer who's lights were damaged in shipping from Germany, and they refunded his money without incident (apparently, he didn't want to try again). A buddy of mine also ordered from the same company and had some issues installing the resistors. They replied to his e-mail within a few hours, and the problem was solved. So, if you truly prefer the Dectane lights over ROTtecs, they are still available, and from a domestic company no less.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
To be clear I am not affiliated with Orange Tuning in any way, but since I have had nothing but positive results from Frank I will share this with you in the interest of full disclosure:

Based on the complaints here I sent an email to Frank yesterday thats said:

Frank,

There are a bunch of guys on the 6speedonline forum that are complaining about Orange Tuning. Is everything OK? They are claiming they cant get emails or phone calls returned on some products they have issues with.

Within 2 hours I received this reply:

Hello Randy,

thank you very much for your email.

We are taking care about all complaints.

The problem is that the customers who got an exchange due to LED problems dont post good experience and other guys with problems can't wait to post a negative feedback.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With kind regards

Frank Stuiber
Geschäftsführer

All I can say from this is he replied within a few hours of my email to him. Are you sure you you're using the correct contact info?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I have had good experience with OT as well. I was the first one to turn all the forums on to OT for Dectane lights.

I hope that email issues will get resolved as the pricing is great and I am looking forward to having support if it becomes needed.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:36 PM
louie007 is on a distinguished road
Well that said if you where in my shoes that had an issue with the lights , but now i see i was not the only one , i was not looking for any type of rebate just a solution to a problem i can only say that before buying the lights he was very quick to responde to my emails , yes i got the lights well packed nice product but there was a problem and i emailed him about it and till this date never a reply to discuss the issue 2 months have gone by so i just gave up , so to me thats bad customer service, as far as your email to him , had you wrote him a email with a problem im sure you would get the same reply we got wich is none . good thing i kept my OEM lights

Old 11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
tlis300 has a spectacular aura abouttlis300 has a spectacular aura about
Was looking on eBay and it looks like Orange Tuning is selling these lights and are shipping it into the states. Not sure if Frank is involved. $599 plus shipping.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orange Tuning - Proceed with Caution