997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2 Cars in your garage what would they be?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MileHigh911
That comment is pretty intelligent. Real car guys. Instead of fake car guys. Perhaps you didn't listen to his desires. He doesn't want an SUV. And he is not a fan of a big wing. Try again.
No need to try again. I vote with my money.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
911JDB is on a distinguished road
GT3 and Cayenne GTS

Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
My current stable is a 2009 Aston Vantage 4.7, a 2011 Range Rover Sport (Supercharged) and a 2010 Audi S4. The last car has to go, it is not really good at anything.

It is too civil at low speeds, you honestly should just buy the 2.0 liter. At high speeds, it's equally dull.

I'm considering a 2006 997 (with aero kit etc) as my winter car and summer track car. The S4 would go and this would take it's place.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:06 PM
ELUSIVE will become famous soon enoughELUSIVE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by black penguin
My current stable is a 2009 Aston Vantage 4.7, a 2011 Range Rover Sport (Supercharged) and a 2010 Audi S4. The last car has to go, it is not really good at anything.
I can't remember that last time that I read someone one an automotive forum that thought the S4 was crap. That car seems to do just so many things right in my opinion.
We have exactly the opposite tastes in cars. I love the S4 and think the Vantage and Range Rover are crap.
I do love my 2006 997S. Based on the above, you'll probably think that car is no good too. :-D

The beauty of this world. Diversity is what makes things interesting.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I honestly don't see why people love that car. I have had four Audi's but this car is a miss for me. The car is too civil at low speeds. Too quiet. But it does not have the goods at speed. Braking us all pitchy and it is a numb choice. Plus the DSG is always hunting and shunting. My friends M3 was far better. At least it felt special.

The RR is my wife's. But I like the drive. Feels special and does things it's way, though the non-supercharged engine would be my choice. Diesel, would be better still.

The Vantage, I love. It is more direct and visceral than most cars, frankly the 997 remind of it it. For sure it has an old school feel, built for the soul not the clock.

That's the thing, as long as you are not being paid, the soul of a car meansvmore than the time. Too much worry about tenths of a second. How does it feel, and how does it make you feel.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:37 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
I have to agree on the S4. All it does is understeer and plow into corners, and you really feel the size and weight of the car. For the same price, the 335was much more engaging to drive.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:44 PM
huy
huy will become famous soon enough
i love my combo

Old 11-30-2011, 10:49 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
2012 CLS63TT
997.2 GT3RS

My dream combo for now.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:38 PM
FAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 911JDB
GT3 and Cayenne GTS
It'd be tough to beat that combo, but I think I'd go GT3RS (I may be burned at the stake for this but I think the GT3RS would be an even better track car with the PDK - fact is, it shifts faster than any of us) and maybe X5M or X6M. Though Cayenne Turbo S would be a great choice too.

I'm almost glad I can't afford to be able to make that choice, lol. It'd be really hard.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:26 AM
997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice
I agree with Black Penguin on certain points regarding the S4. I knew going in I wasn't getting the B7's V8 and was sold on the supercharged 6's quickness, but it is quiet and not as special as the V8. The 335is is rear drive less understeer. However when it comes down to it the S4 was only intended to compete with 335 and not M3. As for suggesting the 2.0 liter as an option to S4, I guess if you want to save at the pump other than that I am very glad I did not go route. Do a back to back drive and you will see how much more competent the S4 is. I think the unique factor overall goes to the S4 over the 335 and that is why I got one. The main mistake I made with my S4 was skipping on the rear diff. Only real complaint I have is slow speed tire shudder.

If Audi keeps the lease somewhat reasonable for the S6 I will consider that. With S6's numbers it is really only a BMW 550 / Mercedes E550 competitor not M5 or E63 so hopefully they take that into account when it comes to pricing.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 AM
It's not that I think th S4 does anything poorly (the tranny is shunty at low speeds), it's just that it is so meh about too many things to shine.

Mine looks the part. The fit and finish is great. But I find it so lacking in drama, no road feel or noise, no exhaust noise etc. It is (for me) not a car designed with North America in mind. If you are driving on the Autobahn, a serene high speed jaunt into work makes sense. You want a car that can flatten the edges at those really high speeds. But in NA, our speeds are low. Unless you are really pushing the car, you could just as easily think it was a 2.0 (minus the handling of the S4).

I want a car that makes 60 feel like 80, not one that makes 80 feel like 40.

For many, I'm sure it's great. For me it's not visceral/involving enough to truly be sporting, nor is it refined enough to feel luxurious. Basically it lacks a sense of occasion (for me).

I'm actually considering a used 911 as my daily driver.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Tmainevent will become famous soon enough
I couldn't agree more with the cayenne s / 911 combo....did just that and no looking back Although I also picked up a tahoe as I don't like to throw mulch and soil etc. inside of the wife's truck

Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 AM
05Mdriver has much to be proud of05Mdriver has much to be proud of05Mdriver has much to be proud of05Mdriver has much to be proud of05Mdriver has much to be proud of05Mdriver has much to be proud of05Mdriver has much to be proud of05Mdriver has much to be proud of05Mdriver has much to be proud of
GT2RS and 599GTO would be my 2 picks !

Old 04-03-2012, 02:33 PM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
Another vote for the Cayenne + 911 combo. (The Cayenne would be my first choice, but I'd settle for a MB G55 wagon also )

Any G-wagon owners out there?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 PM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
I'm quite happy with my 997 C2S and my Supercharged Saleen Mustang Parnelli Jones Special Edition. Third car Navigator L. Keeps family happy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 Cars in your garage what would they be?