997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:50 PM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
What I do not get is that if it is a light module in our cars that is the issue, why is it that only one side is affected and not both? Shouldn't we be then seeing lights out on all sides? And what about other issues? There are just too many of them. I really think that this is a LED DRL quality and assembly issue rather than our cars.

I think the design/quality is bad for this product all together despite it 'looking good' to an outside observer, and that it has predominantly affected the right side light assembly for which we now have to use an outside resistor for.

I appreciate the potential resolution to this, but I just do not appreciate my car being blamed for a problem that seems obviously related to the product design/quality. I mean how many of us have bought the Depo/Dectane lights, and how many had issues? Very few. If the math is done, it is obvious that these LED DRL have a much higher defect rate than other similar products that we use. I think this product was rushed to market under poor design/quality despite the delays and the resons given us stating the opposite.
This type of problem is not unique to these LED front lights. Any time you replace OEM lights with any type of LED's you run the risk of triggering the "light failure" circuit in any car equipped with a monitoring system.

The system is designed to work with regular incandescent bulbs that use a filament that draws a very predictable amount of current. If the current draw goes down or away the system interprets that as a failed bulb. LED's by their nature have an extremely low current draw. In some cars you won't get an alert due to minor variances in the sensitivity of the monitoring system. Or your car may have different factory options than another car. This can result in your car having a different wiring loom that the other car. A longer or shorter wiring loom can change the resistance in a given circuit enough to impact whether the monitoring system alarms or not.

Vendors can take the belt & suspenders approach and ship resistors with every kit but that adds extra cost and many people wonder what the resistors are for when the install their lights and they work fine (like mine) without the resistors.

I also remember lots of folks having similar issues with the Dectane rear LED's when they first came out. Some needed resistors, many didn't.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by drive2006c4s
thanks for the quick reply Jack667!
but I don't have that tool kit that came with the car.
I'm sure there is different tools that fit in the bolt. anyone?
thanks...
You'd probably need a 1/4 inch socket set with a long, thin extension. The bolt is probably 4mm or nearby to that. It doesn't have to be a deep socket, but the extension should probably be 12".

Maybe someone can post something more specific.

Maybe something like
this this
, and
this this
would do the trick, or similar items from your local Sears, Home Depot, etc

Old 12-21-2011, 06:23 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
a 1/4" extension, every person on the planet should have one. you know what they say about a man without tools

Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Happy to report that I have installed my DRL's and have no codes! They look fantastic... thanks Ray!

However, I also installed the replacement Xenon's and have an issue with one of the bulbs wanting to go out after being on for a few moments. I assume it's a resistance problem (bulb heating up). Will be contacting Ray about it. Anybody else run into this issue?

Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Happy to report that I have installed my DRL's and have no codes! They look fantastic... thanks Ray!

However, I also installed the replacement Xenon's and have an issue with one of the bulbs wanting to go out after being on for a few moments. I assume it's a resistance problem (bulb heating up). Will be contacting Ray about it. Anybody else run into this issue?
One of your HID bulb was defected unit and I can arrange replacement to you. PM sent!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Resistors arrived and I will mail them out tomorrow!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:42 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ray
This is great news for everyone! This after-purchase support is what sets you apart from the overseas distributors, keep it up Ray!

Old 12-22-2011, 07:34 AM
louie007 is on a distinguished road
I second that , great after sales support , thanks Ray

Old 12-22-2011, 07:50 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ray
Huzzah!

Old 12-22-2011, 09:55 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ray
One of your HID bulb was defected unit and I can arrange replacement to you. PM sent!
Thanks for the quick response Ray! Happy Holidays...

Old 12-22-2011, 06:20 PM
fgg
fgg is on a distinguished road
Hello Ray, just came back from a trip and I install the DRL's lights with no code errors! they look amazing . Next will be the HID bulbs that I got from you....
Best Regards
Freddy

Old 12-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Thanks everyone! All resistors has been mail out by air yesterday and they should arrive within a week! Happy Holiday!!

Old 12-23-2011, 02:05 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
top man ray. your customer service is +1

Old 12-23-2011, 04:35 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lopro
top man ray. your customer service is +1
Yep.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:20 PM
NJM500 is on a distinguished road
My resistors work perfectly and I fitted the Xenon replacement HID bulbs today that I got from Ray. Look really good.

Ray - is there an o

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's