997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Santa Brought Me Hips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Santa Brought Me Hips

Photos? Ain't got no photos

Went from within hours of buying an 07 GT3 to a new GTS with PDK. Kinda close

Photos and details tomorrow.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:23 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Old 12-23-2011, 09:24 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! What was the reason for preferring a GTS over a GT3? Just curious to see what led you to this decision

Old 12-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
There were a few items driving the decision. 1. I still have issues with my spine and left leg. 2. The wife was not real big on the GT3. 3. After last Falls incident at Mid-Ohio I'm not sure how much I want to drive on the track. 4. The GTS with PDK really put a smile on my face. It's just plain fun to drive.

If I had plans to stay active in driving events I most likely would have gone with the GT3. Leg permitting and that is a big if.

I'm glad I did the comparison and the search. I'm also content with the reality check.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Congrats on the upgrade

Old 12-24-2011, 03:00 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Back and leg problems may affect your ability to drive as you said. I'm sorry to hear about your issues

On the other hand, if you're not planning to track much the GTS is a better choice as it's more comfortable than a GT3 for sure. It's the perfect in-between car You made a wise choice for sure. Enjoy in good health!

Old 12-24-2011, 04:31 PM
jwully is on a distinguished road
good luck

Congrats on the upgrade. Did you go to Kings or Village for the GTS?

Old 12-24-2011, 05:52 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
I love it... everyone said keep your C2S and you went ahead and bought the GTS anyways. I am sure I would have done the same thing. When I want something (and I can afford to buy it) I do. Life is too short. Enjoy in good heath!!

Old 12-24-2011, 05:53 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alan C.
There were a few items driving the decision. 1. I still have issues with my spine and left leg. 2. The wife was not real big on the GT3. 3. After last Falls incident at Mid-Ohio I'm not sure how much I want to drive on the track. 4. The GTS with PDK really put a smile on my face. It's just plain fun to drive.

If I had plans to stay active in driving events I most likely would have gone with the GT3. Leg permitting and that is a big if.

I'm glad I did the comparison and the search. I'm also content with the reality check.
After half a century, I've decided the low level of testosterone in the female body gives women an advantage when making certain choices in life. Cindy swayed my model selection also, and it sounds like you have lumbar nerve compression similar to my own. In effect, if not the root cause.

What was the incident at Mid-Ohio? Something of general interest or just a personal eye-opener?

Gary

Old 12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
A few answers:

JWULLY, I purchased the GTS from POV. The Gt3 was/is at Kings.

BSB911TT, There was merit in staying with the 09 C2S. However, the GTS with PDK is a great ride. Plus it has a few options that I really wanted but did not have on the C2S.

Gary, You are correct. A three level lumbar fusion along with a three level cervical. Jan too has a gift for nudging me in the right direction.

Mid-Ohio was the experience of being on the receiving end of a GT3 spreading it's coolant between T10 and T11. Blind right hander over the hill with three cars already in the gravel trap and no room for me the fourth. No chance to scrub speed and straight into the rear of a stuck turbo. The turbo was totaled and I racked up $17k in repairs. I was lucky to have not damaged any of my hardware.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:40 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alan C.
Mid-Ohio was the experience of being on the receiving end of a GT3 spreading it's coolant between T10 and T11. Blind right hander over the hill with three cars already in the gravel trap and no room for me the fourth. No chance to scrub speed and straight into the rear of a stuck turbo. The turbo was totaled and I racked up $17k in repairs. I was lucky to have not damaged any of my hardware.
Ouch. Sudden change of track surface is probably the most worrisome problem at speed, and coolant is basically no better than black ice. I presume the hardware you're lucky you didn't damage is your own, and I've got to say it makes my own back hurt just picturing myself in that situation.

Damn, now I'm sitting here with my hindbrain churning away at: flip it backward and use the mirrors to pick a target? Or take something head-on and trust the airbags? Damn hindbrains have no sense.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Gary

Old 12-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Atomic is on a distinguished road
Congrats! funny that is the same option I had when I bought mine. They had a 07 GTS on the show room floor and the new GTS 6 speed. Went for the GTS too!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Gary, I had a GMG roll bar, Sparco Evo seat, Safety Solutions 7 point belts, Safety Solutions Pro Rage and a Simpson CF helmet. They all worked quite well. I'm now an even bigger believer in good safety gear.

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family. Have a safe holiday.