997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Install super fast and easy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Dension Install super fast and easy

Now I will admit it didnt start fast and easy and I am not completely done but the fastest way I have found IF you have a CD Changer the fastest way to install it.
Get rid of the CD changer. Literally 20 min or less if you do, thats not counting the fishing of wires for bluetooth or in cabin Ipod controls.

So take the cd changer out. Just plug in to the Dension. DIP switchs 2 3 6 are up if you have the PCM. Tap black from dension power to the Brown from the CD changer ( its a bugger to get the power out but it comes out) Red/green is the red power from the Dension.
Plug the fiber from the CD changer directly into the dension. WALLA done. You will have a CD Changer as a paperweight than couldn't play MP3's anyways and I never used or will use mine. I dont think I own an audio cd.

Now I added an extension and moved the unit up between the Nav unit and into the area the Euro boys have the Nav system. Behind that little door on the passenger side.

Im trying to come up with a good way to fish the wires and will have that tomorrow hopefully.

Last edited by Squat; 02-13-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I was led to believe the Denison unit will allow the retention and normal operation of the CDC and BT ? Are you saying this isn't the case ? Am wanting just the BT. Don't care about the Ipod hookup.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Right it does. I just got a little more room and I dont need the fossil of a CDC. The cleaner install is to dump the CDC completely get the closed loop addition and install the Dension behind the head unit. Makes running wires a breeze.

I also recommend t-taps. If you want to keep the CDC you can. But you can also put it on a shelf use the MP3 format till you sell the car. Then take the Dension unit out on the sale of the car drop the CDC back in and use the Dension for the next car.

If for some reason you want to keep the CDC. by all means. I just don't and actually played with the magazine for it the first time. Like I said I dont own an audio CD and I can probably fit a little bigger suitcase in the boot now.