997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How much to replace panels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:44 PM
widespreadpanic is on a distinguished road
How much to replace panels?

How much would panel replacement cost on this wreck?

Attached Images   
Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch. That hurts just looking at it.

There may be additional frame and suspension damage coinciding with the quarter-panel damage. You will have to get that fixed as well. Also, IMHO I think the door panel(s) may need to be replaced.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
20k min

Old 03-25-2012, 09:11 PM
EJ-997 will become famous soon enough
I replaced my front left panel (headlight was ok) cost was about $4000.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Stay away!!!!

Unless you personally know the seller, and you can check for additional damage. My first Porsche was a 1995 993, with a similar damage, or so I thought, then once I got it home, the dream became a nightmare. Let me just say that I didn't even start fixing it, it was cheaper to take the loss and give up on the car all together. There are a lot of very expensive parts to fix which you cannot see in the beginning. Plus you will have a hard time reselling it.
Anyway, that's just my experience, I wouldn't touch these salvage cars. Maybe if it was like $5 gran.

Of course that's if you are thinking of buying this wreck

Last edited by krysFly; 03-26-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
ecostellodo is on a distinguished road
I only had the left fender, xenon headlight, and bumper cover replaced and that was 6K. Your looking at least at 12K. And as others have said add more if there is any damage to the suspension.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:23 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
If you're thinking of buying, and want advice, I would get a repair quote from a reputable shop. Then, I wouldn't touch it without taking 1.5 times the quote off the current street value of that model/year/mileage of a comparable condition undamaged vehicle. If it's for sale in that condition, there's a reason the owner isn't fixing it. If it has a salvage title, or will once repaired, then I would run away.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 PM
widespreadpanic is on a distinguished road
Thank you for all the great advice.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Let us know what you decide to do.