997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GTS or 4S, why or why not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 AM
dbinpv is on a distinguished road
GTS or 4S, why or why not?

I have deposits on two different 911's, while I try to figure out which one to buy, a GTS & 4S
with price not a being a deciding factor;

both have PDK (requirement)
both have adaptive seats (requirement)
both have the wider rear profile (not a requirement, making a S a possibility, just didn't find one with my requirements)
both have the same inter/exterior colors, silver/Black (requirement)
GTS has leather/alcantara
4S has full leather
both have about 3,000 miles on them (low milage is requirement)
both have original warranties left
both have the same options except the GTS has Sports Exhaust (not requirement)
not a track car (in which case would I really notice the difference between 408hp and 385hp
not a daily driver("garage ornament" as my wife refers to my 2005 S with less than 12K miles)
no plans for any mods of any kind

So far my single negative factor on the GTS may be the center locks which may be annoying to deal with compared to lug bolts. I know some of you are probably saying, "are you kidding me?"

The single negative factor on the 4S is the deflector on the rear deck lid, just looks out of place and unnecessary which I'm sure warrants another "are you kidding me?"

Having popped in and out of these forums over the past year, I know I'm going to get some strong opinions which provide me with some insight as to what I may be over looking.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:43 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i say gts, it just looks better. S and 4S is everywhere...

if you didn't need PDK, i'd say GT3. since you do need PDK, there is nothing better than gts.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:13 AM
Atomic is on a distinguished road
I myself like the feel of the rear wheel drive over the all wheel drive. Center locks may not be as simple as standard lugs, however they rather easy once you have the tools. The main thing, which one YOU like the best, both are great cars.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:13 AM
blazinginder is on a distinguished road
Agreed that the GTS overall looks better, though I think you'd have to get the 4 GTS to have the wider fenders like the 4S

Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Megathumper is on a distinguished road
I love the relative exclusiveness of the GTS and would like to own one, but drive a 4s spiritadly in the wet, on loose leaf litter on rough roads and its hard to imagine that there is a faster, more sure footed and capable point to point car out there..... it is a very capable motor car. Why not look for a GTS 4s??

Last edited by Megathumper; 05-21-2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 AM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
GTS all the way. You don't likely need the AWD in Arizona, and the centerlock isn't a problem for you if you consider 12k miles in 7 years means you won't have to change tires or brakes for many years to come. Not much of an inconvenience.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
I like my "reflector"

Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2012, 08:42 AM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Domer911
I like my "reflector"
Me too...

Old 05-21-2012, 08:55 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
i prefer the gts front bumper but if the c4s you're purchasing has the aero kit, that would be a non issue.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Supeermen GT3 is on a distinguished road
Would go with GTS in your shoes, but it all depends on your personal views on it!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blazinginder
Agreed that the GTS overall looks better, though I think you'd have to get the 4 GTS to have the wider fenders like the 4S
No, not correct. The GTS, whether the 2 or 4, has the wide rear end. That is one of the big pluses for the GTS. You get the wide rear end of a all wheel drive car, but the driving advantages of the rear wheel drive model.

I have a GTS and love it. If I were the OP, I would get the GTS, unless you don't like the Alcantara. I don't like the stuff, but my car has full leather, so not an issue for me.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
tiyyara will become famous soon enough
GTS
I personally do not like the rear deflector, but to each his own

GTS is my choice

Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
GTS all the way

Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Faber is on a distinguished road
GTS all the way.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
buddy, go find a GTS without the CL.

why would u limit yourself to two cars with options u don't want ??

don't settle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS or 4S, why or why not?