997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GTS or 4S, why or why not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 04:05 PM
D'AmicoGTS is on a distinguished road
Sport exhaust is a must. I had one my C4S and GTS comes standard.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 PM
TheLex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dbinpv
This all started a couple of months ago when I test drove a 2009 PDK while my 2005s tiptronic was in getting an oil change at my local dealer. Loved the new PDK so much that I began a search to find one optioned as close as possible to my 2005.

About 2 months later, having narrowed my search to a GTS and 4S mentioned in my initial posting, just by chance I stopped by the dealer while having another car in for service and saw a new silver 2011 carrera s that had just been traded in for a 991. Knowing this was what I was looking for, the salesman had sent me an email but I never received it because of a typing error. I was definitely in the right place at the right time on this day as my search had just ended.

An unexpected plus is that it has a new 5+ years/100,000 mile porsche warranty. An option which I will definitely be adding is the sports exhaust which the GTS I was considering buying had. Dealer installed a new full clear bra, (bumper, hood, front fenders and rear view mirrors. Original owner had same thing on car so paint is virtually perfect. a few options this 2011 PDK has is the tire pressure monitoring system, full black leather, 19" turbo II wheels, XM radio, black full leather, electrically adjustable seats, seat ventilation, sport chrono package plus, comfort package and infotainment package.

On a side note my 2005 that I traded in sold in just a couple of days to some lucky person who was also in the right place at the right time that got an excellent, literally "LIKE NEW" 2005 carrera s with a new porsche CPO warranty.
The 2009 PDK that I originally test drove is still for sale (ironic since salesman said this one will go fast, so better get it now)

Can you post the details of the C4S that you looking at? I'm in the market for a C4S with PDK. Thanks.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dbinpv
This all started a couple of months ago when I test drove a 2009 PDK while my 2005s tiptronic was in getting an oil change at my local dealer. Loved the new PDK so much that I began a search to find one optioned as close as possible to my 2005.

About 2 months later, having narrowed my search to a GTS and 4S mentioned in my initial posting, just by chance I stopped by the dealer while having another car in for service and saw a new silver 2011 carrera s that had just been traded in for a 991. Knowing this was what I was looking for, the salesman had sent me an email but I never received it because of a typing error. I was definitely in the right place at the right time on this day as my search had just ended.

An unexpected plus is that it has a new 5+ years/100,000 mile porsche warranty. An option which I will definitely be adding is the sports exhaust which the GTS I was considering buying had. Dealer installed a new full clear bra, (bumper, hood, front fenders and rear view mirrors. Original owner had same thing on car so paint is virtually perfect. a few options this 2011 PDK has is the tire pressure monitoring system, full black leather, 19" turbo II wheels, XM radio, black full leather, electrically adjustable seats, seat ventilation, sport chrono package plus, comfort package and infotainment package.

On a side note my 2005 that I traded in sold in just a couple of days to some lucky person who was also in the right place at the right time that got an excellent, literally "LIKE NEW" 2005 carrera s with a new porsche CPO warranty.
The 2009 PDK that I originally test drove is still for sale (ironic since salesman said this one will go fast, so better get it now)
All cars (even a nissan sentra) require a tire monitoring system by law. Having TPMS is not an added option.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I posted this across the street. This GTS is super cheap. If anyone is in the market to buy one I would call the dealer immediately.

http://www.porschewest.com/certified...84a367b4b7.htm

Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 PM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
I don't see how that car can be so cheap, unless it was flood damaged or something. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 PM
It has the cheapest seats and no leather other than the gts alcantara. It looks like there very little options on that car. I paid 90k for mine with 1,100 miles and at the time it was cheapest gts out there and it was in perfect condition.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 PM
TheLex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hakaida
It has the cheapest seats and no leather other than the gts alcantara. It looks like there very little options on that car. I paid 90k for mine with 1,100 miles and at the time it was cheapest gts out there and it was in perfect condition.
I think I'd rather have a C4S with heated/cooled seats and PDK. Doesn't the GTS come with a stiffer suspension even though it has PASM?

Old 12-10-2012, 08:29 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheLex
I think I'd rather have a C4S with heated/cooled seats and PDK. Doesn't the GTS come with a stiffer suspension even though it has PASM?
No, the GTS PASM suspension is the same as regular 997S. If you get SPASM, the SPASM is the same as regular 997 S also.