Notices
997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed: any news on the dual intake for 997.1?

Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Alex,

On my single 997.1 model I have had and still have a rubbing issue on the fan. I have had to cut the little frame pieces from the fan to keep it from marking up my CF tube. I adjusted the height and the angle as to where it hooks up, but now it sits low in the engine bay, which is not bad because of "hot" air behind the heat shield, but then the filter is rubbing the bottom of the engine bay and leaves marks from it rubbing. Will the dual intake address these issues or is there something I did wrong with the install?

I'm looking forward to the dual intake and possible gains if any. I love the sound I get out of mine now, but with a dual...wow! I'm also safe to assume that you will have a template for the cutting of the second hole?

Will a new ECU tune be necessary due to possible increase airflow, or is that a question for Softronic?

Thanks!!

Old 05-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
I thought you guys were working on an enclosed air intake like the X51 airbox. This type of intake is already available from eurocupgt.com like posted on a previous post. Problem with these intake are hot air and water falling right onto the filters..

Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Jam, I just received an email from Porsche Shop in the UK about their intake. They are claiming 25bhp gain....seems a lot for just the intake. I asked for Dyno....but that question was not addressed. Trying to get total price shipped here so still waiting. They initially told me $ 144.00 shipped, but if that is the total price with freight....Thats a steal....just hope it really is CF.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:02 AM
away will become famous soon enough
If you're referring to the EuroCupGT one mentioned earlier, it comes to approx $525 delivered to the US.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks away. Now.....question is....will it be better than my single intake? Does anyone know? Is it louder in the car?

Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
FABSPEED-----you need to enclose this system into an X51 or RS 4.0 variant enclosure.

Everyone following this thread from day 1 has been anticipating the release of boxed double filtration intake.

This open air double filtration unit will do nothing more than increase throttle intake noise and will do nothing to prevent heat soak entering the intake.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Ken968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond reputeKen968 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
. We will also offer an optional add on kit for the Top and side of the heat shield to enclose the intake even more from hot air entering the intake compartment and allow the air filters to only breath from the snorkels on the trunk lid. We will release more data and pictures as its tested and completed
I think was their solution. So far no pics of this optional kit yet.

Ken

Old 07-12-2013, 12:14 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
This has been a LONG wait. Can't we just 3D print them ourselves these days?! ;o)

Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by socalbd View Post
This has been a LONG wait. Can't we just 3D print them ourselves these days?! ;o)
exactly!
I'm surprised that none of the body shops like GT Racing or MA Shaw, etc, are not copying the X51 version. If they can copy body panels, why not the X51 airbox? I don't even need Carbon Fiber, although it would be nice. Just something that wouldn't melt!

Old 12-27-2013, 02:17 PM
frederickcook87 is on a distinguished road
Any new news on this or do we just bolt on the one from the 997.2 and cut a hole in the decl lid?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Wheeler will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by frederickcook87 View Post
Any new news on this or do we just bolt on the one from the 997.2 and cut a hole in the decl lid?
That's actually a hell of an idea if it would actually work?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:39 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
It will come out when there is enough demand for a guaranteed return on investment to the manufacturer. So, if you want to expedite the manufacturing process, put together a prepaid advance order for 1000 units and they will have them out for you next month. That's how manufacturing works.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by JoelPirela View Post
yes, I just need a carbon, sealed enclosure... not just the double filters...
I'm with you Joel. I think the sealed air box in CF would be sweet. Although it will be expensive!! I've posted about the lack of low end power with the Fabspeed CAI. No cold air with this set up as too much warm air from the engine gets in. The sound is amazing....but I really prefer the quick response and low end torque of the stock box. So it looks like I'm going back to stock at next oil change.

Even with another hole cut in the deck lid, taller CF "Heat Shield" I truly don't believe it will compare to the sealed box. The dyno numbers seem to show added power, but the air is pumped into the car so it can breath while on the dyno and the run is not for an extended period of time to allow for real heat to get into the engine compartment and to counter what true cold air verses hot air.

Did the run have the deck lid open during the run? What was the ambient temp of the room when running? On hot summer days the engine gets real hot, so hot that the fans run for a while after parking in my garage due to the heat. There is no way the Fabspeed CAI can stop that heat from getting into the engine.

I get complements on the set up and look CF makes the car look good...Right Joel? LOL

Last edited by RaidersR1; 12-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Darthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond reputeDarthvader has a reputation beyond repute
Don't' you make the single intake one any longer? Thats the one I like.