997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does this sound fishy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Does this sound fishy?

Heya fellas I am in the process of trying to sell my 2005 911 C2S (launch car), and have what sounds like an interested buyer. He sent me this email and something seems off with it. Tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot for the email. Am buying it for my son who just graduated ontop of his class in National University in California, he studied Business Law and Professional Ethics Minor and am so proud of him . I want it as a suprise package to appreciate him towards his achivement and to be delievred before my arrival Wyoming as my family lives in Wyoming .

I work with SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF and we are presently offshore in US Taranaki Basin on kapo project. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 15days off and 15days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. Where is it located at the moment?Does it have any history I should be aware of? and why are you selling if you don't mind my asking.I am already in talks with the courier that will handle the pick-up and delivery it in Wyoming.

As regards the payment, I can pay you through direct bank deposit,using ppal instant bank wire transfer service, I will need your bank details.If you are not comfortable with that, you can set up a paypal account proper at www.paypal.com and I will make the payment through paypal, this way, all I will need is your paypal email address.

Cheers!!
Thanks for your help,
Getz

Old 09-10-2012, 04:31 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
100% first grade BS. I was recently selling my M3, I got exactly the same email, word for word. Dont even respond.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:36 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...m-Online-scams

Found this as well. Thanks fellas.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM
tlis300 has a spectacular aura abouttlis300 has a spectacular aura about
Oldest scam in the book! I see this everywhere.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:37 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
LOL. No such university in Cali!! So sad these days that's all people do, scam!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Had almost the same one when selling my Touareg recently. I told the guy to send the funds and when the PayPal cleared I would send it where ever he wanted.

Never heard from him again.

Scam!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 AM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
doing business on the internet is a sellers market. You get your money, before you give up anything.
If someone sends you cash, then you send or release the item.
You have to get absolute payment with no chance of reversal before you release anything.
Check to the security of any payments; cashiers checks are no good, bank transfers may be reversed under certain curcamstances, fraud/thieft, etc, check with your banks policy first.
Cash rules.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Smells phishy to me...

Old 09-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Purple Squirrel is infamous around these parts
RaidersR1, there is a National University in Cali...
http://www.nu.edu/

And SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF is an exchange traded fund (i.e. investments on stocks, commodities, etc) not an offshore oil company.

Just goes to show that some of the scammers are doing a bit more homework before they try to lure you in with realistic company names that will satisfy most peoples initial check.

Last edited by Purple Squirrel; 09-11-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
kchociej is infamous around these partskchociej is infamous around these parts
Big scam. Stay away.

He wants to give you money via Paypal, which you will get. However, after a certain period of time he will file a dispute and Paypal will take the money back from you.

(I have an online business, this sort of **** happens all the time)

Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Give him your account and wire instructions and see if it shows up.
May be legit. Forget PayPal.

Why not? Can't access your account with your acct number.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
mmandaniel is infamous around these parts
forsure a scam

Old 09-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Upon further consideration, I would suggest sending him your car completely on trust that he will surely send you every penny upon delivery.

Please let us all know how that works out.

(Seriously, though. Sell it locally if at possible for cash and with title exchanged at the state DMV OR at your bank with an immediate cash deposit into your account.)

Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 AM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
I just went through the same exact scam on my Harley. Avoid like the plague. I sent him an email stating that it was not possible to do such a high payment on Paypal and that I would need to get paid in gold bullion. 9 1oz bars would be fine. Never heard from them again. Sorry. It sucks when you think you have it sold only to learn later it's a scam