997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gundo / Fister in North Carolina

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:56 PM
soccerTOOLsu is on a distinguished road
Gundo / Fister in North Carolina

Looking to have this mod done. I will probally have time in December to get it down in FL over the holidays but want to try it out now.

Anybody satisfied with the mod in the Triad area or nearby?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Wanderingwheelz is on a distinguished road
If I were you, I'd contact Darin at FD Mororsports. Get it done right. He only charges $265 plus the shipping charges which run @ $60-$70 from the east coast depending how tighty you pack them.

I'm glad I chose FD for my side muffler mod. Some of the muffler shop jobs I've seen make me cringe.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by soccerTOOLsu
Looking to have this mod done. I will probally have time in December to get it down in FL over the holidays but want to try it out now.

Anybody satisfied with the mod in the Triad area or nearby?
Had it done professioonally in Raleigh at a custom exhaust shop. PM me for info if you are interested.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 PM
soccerTOOLsu is on a distinguished road
Just got my car back this afternoon. Completed the Gundo mod in Raleigh NC (thanks PTParks).

PROS:
Went with 2" SS pipe and wow it really growls starting around 2600 RPMs. Then it hits some sweet notes in the 3000-4600 range and after a few seconds it just hums along as usual.
Does not drone on the highway and even took a phone call while driving and it went just fine. So far so good and looking forward to hearing the whole range of the exhaust notes as I get to drive around some more.

CONS:
Seems like it takes a little more gas pressure to get it to accelerate and that the exhaust is not as free flow as usual.

Next up on the agenda is the GT3 Tek front lip.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Z00mie is on a distinguished road
PTParks,
Could you also forward me your contact info for your exhaust guy? I too would be interested in having this done although I'm in the Charlotte/ Greensboro area.Sorry, I can't PM yet. Too new! Soccertoolsu, did they R&R yours or did you take them the cans for the mod? Cost?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Z00mie is on a distinguished road
Thanks, Zoom

Old 06-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Steelpig is on a distinguished road
Hello RTParks,

I can't PM yet so can I get the Raleigh contact info too?

Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 PM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
By the "Gundo" mod, are you guys referring to the crossover center muffler on the 997.2, or is this a 997.1 thing? I too would like to know the Raleigh shop if you were happy with their work.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:19 PM
cbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud of
I am also interested in the name of the shop here in Raleigh that does the Gundo hack. Could someone please send the info on the shop? Thanks

Old 01-07-2014, 05:52 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
has anybody else experienced this "somewhat" slow to respond feeling after the gundo hack? this is the first time i heard this.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:41 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slicky rick
has anybody else experienced this "somewhat" slow to respond feeling after the gundo hack? this is the first time i heard this.
Definitely not on my car.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by cbst09
I am also interested in the name of the shop here in Raleigh that does the Gundo hack. Could someone please send the info on the shop? Thanks
Please PM me.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by beemer guy
By the "Gundo" mod, are you guys referring to the crossover center muffler on the 997.2, or is this a 997.1 thing? I too would like to know the Raleigh shop if you were happy with their work.
The Gundo Hack is a mod done to the side muffler inlet and outlet pipes. A 2 inch diameter connector pipe is welded in between and connecting the two pipes. Adds a great PSE-sounding exhaust note for just a couple hundred bucks parts and labor.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Steelpig
Hello RTParks,

I can't PM yet so can I get the Raleigh contact info too?
PM sent.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:51 PM
cbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PTParks
PM sent.

I can't PM either can you PM me? Thanks PT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gundo / Fister in North Carolina