997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

iPad mini on the 997

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:56 AM
DustySlider is on a distinguished road
Sweet!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTRR
Joel,

I'm going to borrow this pic for my FB page! Feel free to come on and explain how you did it!
Thanks, just posted a comment there!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Darthvader
How come your fan and temp buttons are so clean. Mine has 19k miles and they are gone.....
If you AC says AC off instead of Eco, you have the newer one with solid, plastic buttons, instead of the rubbery ones... my car is a 2005 and got the latest one... thank god!

joel

Old 11-04-2012, 08:26 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
ok, the iPad mini will connect and charge thru the original PCM wire loom. music will play thru the car's stereo. I didn't have navigation on my PCM so this upgrades worth something to me. with the use of a wireless obd2 compatible plug and will transfer a lot of info to the "torque" app. I can set wireless cameras that connect to the iPad either via Bluetooth or wifi and use them as backup cameras and upfront too... all iPad functions remain.

in regards of the PCM functionality, my car for some reason didn't have any enabled. no chrono control and not any user programmable settings. like I said, I used the PCM for music only and to see a full color screen render black, orange and white!
So your 997 has no NAV, Chrono & Bose options I assume.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:35 AM
spoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the rough
Subscribed to see how you fit the power cord. Also hoping you'll do a DIY write up since my car has similar options (no nav, no chrono, etc.)

Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 AM
911bob will become famous soon enough911bob will become famous soon enough
This is awesome! Can't wait to see how you plan on connecting it to the Bose system. Subscribed!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
my car has no navi, or bose, but it does have the chrono package. I will update the thread as I move forward. I'm getting a 90 degree lightning cable pass thru made for the power cord...

Old 11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
This is interesting

Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Volnomad is on a distinguished road
Great idea! Subscribed.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
pjdiii85 is on a distinguished road
sweet idea

don't forget a ODBII blutooth adapter (PLX Kiwi Bluetooth)

Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
toptier will become famous soon enoughtoptier will become famous soon enough
interesting. I would also like to know how it's done.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
mirzam3 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Boostin FD
Thought about having this done... I'm curious to see how you will get the audio to the car though... Looking forward to seeing more.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 PM
RSW
RSW is on a distinguished road
Good job!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by 911bob
This is awesome! Can't wait to see how you plan on connecting it to the Bose system. Subscribed!
911bob.....go like my FB page on my signature.....more pics of BOB on there!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Darthvader
WOW I like. Someone needs to come up with a double-din install kit like the one in the video (with the side loading slot).

...and a noise-cancelling mic so Siri is usable while driving...

...and how do they get the iPad mini to turn on/off with the car ignition?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: iPad mini on the 997