997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2009 Carrera 4s launch car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Ian c2 will become famous soon enough
Congratulations
did you drive it yet?
They're more "sporting" with the buckets and suspension.
I think its a perfect combination but im sure opinions will vary.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
I will drive and see it when I pick it up this weekend
I am currently driving a Boxster S with GT3 seats and PSS9, so I am actually looking forwards to the ride comfort of PASM :-)

Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Im sure you'll find it fine.
is it stock?
If it is I recommend spacers as the first thing.
even if you plan on doing no mods these cars really need 15mm
On the rear and 5 or 7mm on the front.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
It's a lease return, so it better be 100% stock
Spacers sounds good.
What else?

Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looks nice Ian.. try it with both the pse and ours.. Sounds really good that way!

Old 11-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Thats what I have at the moment but with the Pse mufflers fitted without any vacuum lines etc im not sure if its fully open?

It sounds perfect when I have my foot in it but im hoping to be quieter at freeway speeds

Old 11-30-2012, 01:31 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ian c2
Thats what I have at the moment but with the Pse mufflers fitted without any vacuum lines etc im not sure if its fully open?

It sounds perfect when I have my foot in it but im hoping to be quieter at freeway speeds
The flaps are always open if you don't have the wiring and lines done. Consider adding an aftermarket vacuum line plus remote kit from Fabspeed or Cargraphic.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
how many miles on the car when you bought it if you dont mind me asking?

i am thinking of trading in my 09 CPO base carrera with 25K miles for a 4S launch car since i have to eventually move to an auto so the wife can drive it and this exact setup is exactly how i would order a car from the factory!

i see some offered for sale and the most common items that i see on the carfax are checking the computer module for some reason and in one case change of the MAF. any known issues that these cars might have? I have to really consider the price since i will be giving up a perfect CPO'ed car with warranty until 2015...

Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by K-E-V
The flaps are always open if you don't have the wiring and lines done. Consider adding an aftermarket vacuum line plus remote kit from Fabspeed or Cargraphic.
My harness has arrived from Stuttgart and I spoke to the dealer earlier about booking my car in.
trouble is im working long hours so they have to give me a 991 or panamera courtesy car for a day or two ...

Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ian c2

Hmm I think it sounds like you've got them fully open? You could always use something like Carnewal has which is a remote switch if you're not doing it the factory way.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by kouzman
how many miles on the car when you bought it if you dont mind me asking?

i am thinking of trading in my 09 CPO base carrera with 25K miles for a 4S launch car since i have to eventually move to an auto so the wife can drive it and this exact setup is exactly how i would order a car from the factory!

i see some offered for sale and the most common items that i see on the carfax are checking the computer module for some reason and in one case change of the MAF. any known issues that these cars might have? I have to really consider the price since i will be giving up a perfect CPO'ed car with warranty until 2015...
Mine had 41+ when i bought it.
I got it cpo.

I don't know about checking the module but a common fault on all 997s would be the stereo system.
Will be replaced on warranty anyway.
I am not aware of any 3.8 997.2 maf issues but im aware they're a often a weak link on some modern engines.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
It's a lease return, so it better be 100% stock
Spacers sounds good.
What else?

Imho the only thing the car needs on the outside is spacers.
And on the inside the plastic console and pdk surround should be leather to match everything else.
I decided to experiment with a genuine porsche carbon fiber console instead as it would tie in with the carbon bucket seats .....
I think it works and its cheaper than buying the leather version.
With the money I saved on the console I bought the bits around the doorpulls/window switches in Stitched black leather.
Now everything from the dash back is leather.
the only thing annoying me now is ghat everything is leather Upto the alcantara headliner .....
Then you look up and see vinyl sunvisors and plastic sunroof switch.

This will probably be changed soon to alcantara items.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Mine isn't a launch but it is an 09 C4s......loooooooooove it. Only 8k miles too She is still like new. Nothing like the wind in your face while sitting on a rocket

Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 AM
I love topless driving.
I will always own a cabrio of some sort * until the day I die.

* I have given up saying I will keep a certain car forever as I'm now on my third "keeper"

Old 12-31-2012, 04:35 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Sorry to hijack the thread again but I signed on a 09 launch car myself too... What confuses me is the limited slip differential. I am looking at your posted photos of the sticker and I do not see I under the options. Is it standard on these cars?

The car is fantastic and the wide rear really shows! Now I just to insist on my diet so I can fit better in the seats! Lol!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Carrera 4s launch car