997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2009 Carrera 4s launch car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ian c2
No they're not my stock rims .
They are forgeline ...

If you're running stock 8+11 rims on a c4 you need 15mm on the rear and 5mm on the front depending on tyres .
That's what I'm running on the earlier stock wheel pics (Bridgestone potenza 50s)
That's what I had with stock wheels too. With Champion and HRE, 5mm still works up front but you can drop down to 7mm for the rears and still be flush. Actually a hair past flush with the HRE's.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Ian c2 will become famous soon enough
Here's my latest addition ....

Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Feel Ya

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	246814  
Old 05-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Actually , I was talking about my "family" decals

Old 05-28-2013, 08:23 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I did see those. LOL

Didn't really have comment.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Haha
Since my last pictures I added the vanity plate and pca frame , and another fire extinguisher for symmetry .
I recommend the $25 shield extinguisher from autozone , and the billet mounts from side by innovations in oregon .
An awesome piece of kit

Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 PM
In the meantime I have been working on a beetle for a friend .
I'm currently having a corona and taking a break from the stereo install

Although the c4s is not quite finished , my 964 is due back from the paintshop any day now , and I just bought a 73 ex race car to make into an rsr style hot rod .... So I've kind of ran out of disposable ....

Future plans are new wheels , and the rear bumper sorting out .

Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Looks good. The bumper is waiting for a new home

Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 PM
And my car is desperate for it !!!!!
My first mod was always going to be clear sides , then spacers .
Luckily the dealer fitted the clears before I bought it
Next was to get rid of the tumours on either side of the rear plate ....

In the meantime I've totally changed the look of the car but still have the growths

Old 05-29-2013, 06:48 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
And my car is desperate for it !!!!!
My first mod was always going to be clear sides , then spacers .
Luckily the dealer fitted the clears before I bought it
Next was to get rid of the tumours on either side of the rear plate ....

In the meantime I've totally changed the look of the car but still have the growths
Well, with the Euro-spec GT3 RS bumper, you won't have to worry about the bumperettes any more. I'm going to have my body shop delete the bumperettes on my stock bumper too when they do the speedart diffuser.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 AM
MajicC4S is on a distinguished road
Radio replacement

I have this exact car! (minus the mods obviously). Love it.

Quick question - Not sure if my stereo has ever been replaced. Do you have more info on that? I have 3 main issues with the PCM: 1) No one can hear me well over bluetooth 2) The system restarts randomly 3) Radio antenna is weaker than most other cars.

Do you have these issues? Does the replace solve any of them? Thanks and congrats again on the car!

Mine had 41+ when i bought it.
I got it cpo.

I don't know about checking the module but a common fault on all 997s would be the stereo system.
Will be replaced on warranty anyway.
I am not aware of any 3.8 997.2 maf issues but im aware they're a often a weak link on some modern engines.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:10 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MajicC4S
I have this exact car! (minus the mods obviously). Love it.

Quick question - Not sure if my stereo has ever been replaced. Do you have more info on that? I have 3 main issues with the PCM: 1) No one can hear me well over bluetooth 2) The system restarts randomly 3) Radio antenna is weaker than most other cars.

Do you have these issues? Does the replace solve any of them? Thanks and congrats again on the car!
I have problem 1 but not 2 and 3. Turned off the bluetooth a year ago and just talk on the phone the old way.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:58 PM
MajicC4S is on a distinguished road
Got it, thanks. Any more info on the stereo replacement?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Nice!!! Love those seats. I envy you that you have bluetooth phone interface. I would really like to know why Porsche designed the previous PSM phone to require a second SIM card instead of having Bluetooth. Every other car make out there that I know of - including Korean econoboxes - has Bluetooth interface as an option for a cell phone.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:47 PM
marettm is on a distinguished road
Thought i would start a belated thread on my new car ....

I've owned it around 7 weeks now and it is my daily driver.
I have a 1993 964 c2 as a toy as well.

I bought the car from hoehn porsche in carlsbad who sold the car originally to the previous owner.
So I have 2 window stickers

For those that don't know, porsche build certain cars with certain features to be given to dealers to display when a new model is launched.
These are known as launch cars and have an option code to state the fact.
one car is given to each of the 200? Dealers in america.
Unless they travelled to germany for the official launch and then they can have two.
The cars can not be optioned and can not be driven. They are in effect "for display purposes only" ..

The first 997 launch cars where identical and based on a Carrera 2s.
They where all black and had some really nice options such as pccb.

The second 997 launch cars arrived with the new models in 2009.
These where different in that 4 different models where offered.

Mine is one of the c4s models.
It came pretty well equipped with meteor grey paint and full black leather trim.
the biggest options for me are the carbon bucket seats, limited slip diff, and sport pasm with the 030 lowered springs.

It also has such niceties as navigation and sirius and bluetooth etc.

Upto now I have improved it with a paddle steering wheel, carbon console to tie the seats in a little better, and spacers to get the stance right.
All parts fitted at circle porsche in long beach.
I am booked in there again next week for the Pse wiring.
At the moment im experimenting with a sharkwerks primary bypass but suspect this will be removed once I have Pse installed.

Here are a few pics of it.
I will be adding more pictures and details later.

Ian,
Great looking C4S... I am planning to add spacers to my 08 C4S... yours sits really nice... what brand and size did you use front and back?
Thanks,
Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Carrera 4s launch car