997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2009 Carrera 4s launch car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:00 PM
dasams is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kouzman
What confuses me is the limited slip differential. I am looking at your posted photos of the sticker and I do not see I under the options. Is it standard on these cars?
A limited slip rear differential is not used with the Carrera 4 and 4S all wheel drive system. dave

Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dasams
A limited slip rear differential is not used with the Carrera 4 and 4S all wheel drive system. dave
i did some additional research on the Porsche website:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutpors...&id=2008-06-25

"In the new generation of the Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S electronically controlled PTM Porsche Traction Management replaces the former all-wheel drive with its viscous multiple-plate clutch. This superior system developed for the 911 Turbo and modified for the Carrera models combines the driving pleasure so typical of Porsche with an even higher standard of driving stability, traction and agile handling further enhanced by the mechanical rear axle differential fitted as standard."

It seems that these cars indeed have the mechanical limited slip differential as standard! Exciting news!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:52 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
The car is fantastic and the wide rear really shows! Now I just to insist on my diet so I can fit better in the seats! Lol!!!
I too have a launch car that I had the seats replaced with standard seats... I am still torn on that decision since the launch seats are awesome. However, I do have a track car with recaro pole position seats and they are a pain to get in and out of. So I imagine if you run errands for the wife and you are closing in on retirement these seats may be tough.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lowpue
I too have a launch car that I had the seats replaced with standard seats... I am still torn on that decision since the launch seats are awesome. However, I do have a track car with recaro pole position seats and they are a pain to get in and out of. So I imagine if you run errands for the wife and you are closing in on retirement these seats may be tough.
I went the exact opposite way. I installed the GT2 carbon seats in my 4S in place of the regular vented / heated comfort seats. I agree that on nights that I was on call, getting in and out of the car after work could be a slight challenge.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
One of the main reasons that I am going this route is the seats. These cars have 98% of the options that I would order a car from new.

I am getting a CPO car with 13k miles! Very exciting!

I will add the roll bar, harness bars, and the paddle shift steering wheel.

Last edited by kouzman; 12-31-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by K-E-V
I went the exact opposite way. I installed the GT2 carbon seats in my 4S in place of the regular vented / heated comfort seats. I agree that on nights that I was on call, getting in and out of the car after work could be a slight challenge.
We should have swapped the seats between us and saved a bunch of money

Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 AM
dasams is on a distinguished road
handling further enhanced by the mechanical rear axle differential fitted as standard."
Nice find (and where's the thumbs up icon)

Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
wow, those seats are bonkers! Love 'em!!!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Ian c2 will become famous soon enough
heres my latest project ....

i'm hoping to get it back from the bodyshop in a week or so
unfortunately , it will be around six weeks before the new wheels arrive

Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Come on man! Lol! You are making me jealous! Lol

Which bumper year is this? Can you give me a parts list for the swap?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM
It's a 2010 gt3 front ..... Expensive ...

Old 02-24-2013, 01:06 PM
it looks like a perfect fitment!

very nice. I am always of the opinion that only oem parts with have oem fitment, with a handful of exceptions.

post photos when painted!

Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
i like to use genuine parts if there is a viable factory upgrade .
ive had great experience in the past with ruf , techart , and the cargraphic stuff made for porsche motorsports .

ill post pics when its done .

Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's going to look good !! Can't wait to see some pictures when your finished.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Here's the latest .....
It's sat at my buddies place waiting for install tomorrow

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Carrera 4s launch car