997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2009 Carrera 4s launch car

Old 06-14-2013, 02:16 AM
kvmentor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ian c2

Im having a terrible time with the cellphone- corona-photos combination at the moment.
rain sensing wipers is not an option but a 997Carrera standard feature as far as I know.
I will update the thread with photos and details of the options list later.

Imho .......

You should not hesitate to buy it
Love the 4S - something about how it sits on the ground...

Old 06-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Ian c2 will become famous soon enough
Hey guys
Sorry for the belated response .
Been kinda busy with other projects .

Re: Bluetooth , I get about a call a month that can't hear me properly . I hang up and call back .
I tried messing with the volume settings and adjusting once talking and it seemed to work best if I just eft things alone !!!

My car is covered by factory warranty , so the dealers recommended replacement .
I have no idea on any fixes but my guess is heat related problems and ground problems .....

My original problem with it was that it would work fine going to work at 5am , but after baking it in temperatures over 100 in the shade all day it would not work on the way home .
Obviously , by the time I booked it in for an appointment the temperature dropped and it worked just fine

Now summer is here I shall see ...

Yeah , it sits about right .
The launch cars had upgraded suspension .

And I have only ever used RuF. H&r , or genuine porsche spacers .
I can't remember what I was running on the front , but the rears where RuF .

Old 02-28-2014, 04:19 PM
waterrei is on a distinguished road
Hi,
I just got my 2009 C4S and found out it was a launch car. Oddly enough, mine is originally from Hoehn Porsche and it's exactly like yours. I guess Hoehn porsche is one of the dealerships that got two launch cars. I guess our cars are twins; even the production is 9 cars apart.

Last edited by waterrei; 02-28-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
welcome to the club :-)

Old 02-28-2014, 06:26 PM
kcheves is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by waterrei
Hi,
I just got my 2009 C4S and found out it was a launch car. Oddly enough, mine is originally from Hoehn Porsche and it's exactly like yours. I guess Hoehn porsche is one of the dealerships that got two launch cars. I guess our cars are twins; even the production is 9 cars apart.
Did you buy the car in Orange County (Laguna?) that had <15K miles? If so, I had my eye on that one, but it was gone quickly.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by kcheves
Did you buy the car in Orange County (Laguna?) that had <15K miles? If so, I had my eye on that one, but it was gone quickly.
I got it in San Clemente. It had 7k+ miles It's just like new.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:40 PM
kcheves is on a distinguished road
I think that was the car I saw on Auottrader.com. Congratulations - fantastic find.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:32 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
My -09 C4S launch will more than likely be for sale soon. I have this sickness where I have to trade every two or three years. Not advertised yet, just a heads up if someone is in the market for one. Very clean Florida car from birth. Never saw snow or road salt, nor has it ever been tracked.

Last edited by sandwedge; 02-28-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sandwedge
My -09 C4S launch will more than likely be for sale soon. I have this sickness where I have to trade every two or three years. Not advertised yet, just a heads up if someone is in the market for one. Very clean Florida car from birth. Never saw snow or road salt, nor has it ever been tracked.

I have a sickness too....my problem is I can't get rid of them :-)

Seriously though, its a great car. I am still trying to get used the 991 which I will eventually have to get but I am not there yet. THe Launch car is really just such a perfect all around car. Great for the street (even bad streets) and Great for the track (I tracked once) The dash and console in my opinion is the best looking Porsche ever did....Classic yet modern. Again 991 is just not doing it for me. Its over the top.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:42 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lowpue
I have a sickness too....my problem is I can't get rid of them :-)

Seriously though, its a great car. I am still trying to get used the 991 which I will eventually have to get but I am not there yet. THe Launch car is really just such a perfect all around car. Great for the street (even bad streets) and Great for the track (I tracked once) The dash and console in my opinion is the best looking Porsche ever did....Classic yet modern. Again 991 is just not doing it for me. Its over the top.
I'm with you on that. Tried to warm up to it but just accepted that it's not happening so it'll be 997 variants until the 991.2 or 992 is out. My hope is that the 991 is the modern version of the 996 fiasco where they go.....oops...not good. Let's fix it.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:42 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by waterrei
Hi,
Welcome to the club man!

Old 04-28-2014, 03:30 PM
cbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud of
I just picked up a launch car as well. Love it!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140428_143000[1].jpg
Views:	76
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	367199  
Old 04-28-2014, 05:01 PM
I just bought your steering wheel. Figured you had a launch car when my bf showed me pictures of your car Congrats!

Old 04-28-2014, 07:00 PM
cbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud ofcbst09 has much to be proud of
Ha! Thanks. I'm glad the install was easy and plug and play for your car. Enjoy the paddle wheel and have fun with the car!