997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 c2s sport pasm or pasm?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:15 PM
ksp3c is on a distinguished road
997.2 c2s sport pasm or pasm?

Is there a way to tell if you have sport pasm other than measuring ride height?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Ask your dealer to run the VIN for options.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
A C2S, of course, has PASM standard......which means 10mm and a button just above the shifter (w/a strut graphic). Pushing that button engages 'Sport' mode of the regular PASM.

What does the dash of a 'Sport PASM' equiped C2S look like?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 AM
I don't think there are any visual clues to 'Sport PASM' regarding interior button arrangements. Well, at least that's what I'm trying to find out. It seems like only way to find this out for sure is to measure the ride height or run VIN decoder.

I've read that the 'Sport PASM' includes LSD? If that's true then, can't you turn 'PSM' off and do a short burnout to see if it leave 2 sets of skid marks on the pavement?

Last edited by ksp3c; 01-03-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ksp3c
I don't think there are any visual clues to sport pasm regarding interior button arrangements. Well, at least that's what I'm trying to find out. It seems like only way to find this out for sure is to measure the ride height or run vin decoder.

I've read that the sport pasm includes LSD? If that's true then, can't you turn psm off and do a short burnout to see if it leave 2 sets of skid marks on the pavement?
On the 'no visual clues'.....OK so you have a C2S and what I described on my wife's car (no Sport) is exactly the way your car's dash looks/acts like?......then there is no dif.

Yes.....on the C2, Sport PASM included LSD.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM
OlivierH is on a distinguished road
what's the difference between sport pasm and pasm?
ride height; pasm is 10mm lower, how much for sport pasm?
sport pasm has LSD...
anything else?

Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by GreggT
On the 'no visual clues'.....OK so you have a C2S and what I described on my wife's car (no Sport) is exactly the way your car's dash looks/acts like?......then there is no dif.

Yes.....on the C2, Sport PASM included LSD.
Actually, my car has both 'Sport' button and 'Shock' button and I'm trying to figure out if it has 'Sport PASM' as an option.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by OlivierH
what's the difference between sport pasm and pasm?
ride height; pasm is 10mm lower, how much for sport pasm?
sport pasm has LSD...
anything else?
Sport PASM is different struts and shocks. LSD is a sep option but is packaged w/Sport PASM.
Sport PASM is supposedly another 10mm drop......no matter unless it's Euro, on NAmerica cars either PASM or Sport PASM were both way too high IMHO......needed to be changed out for Damptronics or other.
Sport PASM was not even available on Cabs so they were all way up in the air.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Actually, my car has both 'Sport' button and 'Shock' button and I'm trying to figure out if it has 'Sport PASM' as an option.
Your car has Sport PASM option.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Thank you for your help. I thought that PASM equipped cars had 'Sport' button also.

Last edited by ksp3c; 01-03-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Regular PASM.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GreggT
Sport PASM is different struts and shocks. LSD is a sep option but is packaged w/Sport PASM.
Sport PASM is supposedly another 10mm drop......no matter unless it's Euro, on NAmerica cars either PASM or Sport PASM were both way too high IMHO......needed to be changed out for Damptronics or other.
Sport PASM was not even available on Cabs so they were all way up in the air.

Sport PASM cars also had thinner rear ARB too, approx 1mm thinner than regular PASM C2S and C4S.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for your help. I thought that PASM equipped cars had 'Sport' button also.
They do if they have Sport Chrono. Sport button on dash does not mean the car has sport pasm (SPASM). As others have stated, SPASM cars are 10mm lower than a PASM car. So, that is 20mm lower than a standard Carrera with standard suspension.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by GS997S
They do if they have Sport Chrono. Sport button on dash does not mean the car has sport pasm (SPASM). As others have stated, SPASM cars are 10mm lower than a PASM car. So, that is 20mm lower than a standard Carrera with standard suspension.
Well, My car has Sport Chrono also. So how do I know if my car is equipped with SPASM? I know that SPASM equipped cars are 10mm lower than Regular PASM cars but is there another way to tell if the car is SPASM equipped?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by GS997S
I'm curious, what PASM cars would have a "Sport' button on the dash"?.....(and not just the PASM button in the pic above from the owners manual).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 c2s sport pasm or pasm?