997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Buyers Beware - Super Tweaks Limited UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Buyers Beware - Super Tweaks Limited UK

Hi 6Speeders....

This is just a friendly public service announcement to hopefully protect some of you from an issue I encountered with the company (Super Tweaks Limted) out of the UK....

They seem like a legitimate company etc., but I am frustrated with my experience so thought I would share....Maybe I am just being unreasonable??

So I searched the web after reading many articles about the quality of the Dectane LED Taillights for the 997 Turbo....Found them online at Super Tweaks and seemed like a good price (even with the wonderful sterling pound conversion)...So I buy them, check out, and my Credit Card was immediately billed....a few days go by and I am contacted via email that they do not actually have the ones I ordered.....I was Ok to wait (approximately 1 month)...So I did...I followed up and they finally marked them "Shipped" on my account. No problems really so far....

I looked at my CC statement online and see a $50.37 charge about a month later and so I call and email to find out why?? I was never told anything or authorized any additional charges. So the response back was for shipping I was told! ? When I initially checked out the invoice included an item that said FLAT RATE SHIPPING $8.08 and was included in the price....

So just be aware that these folks say FLAT RATE SHIPPING and charge you for it...then without any warning bill your CC for another large amount.

Maybe not unreasonable.....But a poor way to do business without even telling me....And very uncool in my opinion...

Hope this saves someone some grief and/or aggrevation.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
SpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to behold
As a vendor I would say that still seems quite crazy. If ever there is an added fee - for any reason - it should be presented to the customer and authorized. Especially crazy since they had charged you originally over a month prior!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
TonyL will become famous soon enough
I've had several instances like this in the past but they were fully disclosed initially as potential customs fees. I don't think you're overreacting if they didn't disclose possible fees ahead of time.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Yes...Thanks! I attached a gif file of the invoice for them...You have to choose your shipping method and I chose flat rate....Said $8.08...I know that seems cheap, but some businesses subsidize shipping in the cost etc....And looking at the total price it seemed to be about the same as others with cheaper prices and more shipping charge....Anyway, when you pay something that says FLAT RATE SHIPPING, I sure was not expecting an additional +$50 charge a month later....I was told "We are not in the business of cheating our customers, this is what it actually costs us" ....Maybe so, but disclose it! I may have purchased elsewhere.....When you add $50 to the cost, others were cheaper....And I know some will say, if you drive a Porsche 997 Turbo you shouldn't worry about $50...But I would say BS to that! If I make $5 yr or $500K a year , I watch what I spend (waste)...I am a baby boomer(barely!)

Anyway...Appreciate the comments...and just be aware....

DC

Last edited by therock88; 02-01-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM
BigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the rough
I agree it should have been disclosed prior to charging your card.

I inferred that the flat shipping rate was most likely not for an international shipment. They should have caught that and confirmed you still wanted to order once they laid out the total cost to you.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
I dont get it. Many of the online retailers do not invest any time in finding out how to ship items to foreigners without incurring excessive duty,taxes and shipping fees.
Here's two examples of companies who have done their homework:
B&H Photo: I can buy anything from them in the US and they ship via UPS and i get charged a reasonable shipping fee, normal taxes, and maybe $5.00 handling fee. That's it.
Another one: Tirerack.com: Buying 4 Michelin PS2's for my turbo, total taxes and shipping everything included $159 on a $1800 purchase.
Contrast this to companies like Suncoastparts: If you use their international shipping I was quoted $98 for shipping (20 pounds) and $50 for taxes using their Bongo transport. I had them ship UPS but even then, it came out to the same price because of UPS brokerage fees. If I had the same thing shipped from one of the above companies I would have paid no more than $70
So, I believe, that these companies that charge outrageous prices, just have not done their homework, they are lazy. All of the shipping companies offer services that include taxes and brokerage at a really reasonable rate. Why do they continue to rip off the consumer like they did you.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
That's why I'm going with a domestic vendor for LED's. Did you also read the threads about the problems with Dectane lights? And virtually no customer service. It would be a real challenge to return those.
That much shipping sounds cheap, actually.
Here's the best part. I don't think you're done. If you paid in Sterling using your CC, you are going to be charged another 3% for a foreign currency international transaction. The exchange rate looks good initially, then you get hit with the commission later. Same thing happens if you buy something from Canada for us in the US.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by ryem3
That's why I'm going with a domestic vendor for LED's. Did you also read the threads about the problems with Dectane lights? And virtually no customer service. It would be a real challenge to return those.
That much shipping sounds cheap, actually.
Here's the best part. I don't think you're done. If you paid in Sterling using your CC, you are going to be charged another 3% for a foreign currency international transaction. The exchange rate looks good initially, then you get hit with the commission later. Same thing happens if you buy something from Canada for us in the US.
Yes...I am going to hope for the best on the lights....And I already got hit for the exchange fee...That really sucks too. Oh well, I guess when you boil it down, this stuff is all just a waste of money ....Don't really NEED any of it

Thanks

Old 08-21-2014, 04:23 AM
MadsMax is on a distinguished road
I'm experience alot of problems with Super Tweaks, sent them several e-mails and they dont answer. Also tried to call without any luck. This seems like the perfect scam. Ordered products for 4k GBP... Buyers be aware!

Old 08-21-2014, 10:59 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by therock88
Yes...I am going to hope for the best on the lights....And I already got hit for the exchange fee...That really sucks too. Oh well, I guess when you boil it down, this stuff is all just a waste of money ....Don't really NEED any of it

Thanks
I agree with you, charging a customer's credit card without pre-authorization for undisclosed items (regardless of how legitimate the charge is) is not good business practice. At the very least, Super Tweaks should have notified you of the additional charge via email. Not every business is customer service savvy, hope the dectanes work out, GL.

We don't really NEED any of this...but we indulge ourselves anyway

Old 04-07-2020, 08:11 AM
fineito is on a distinguished road
As a related story about scamming, I was surfing the web via Microsoft Edge about 2 months ago when all of a sudden I got a blaring, jarring warning horn saying my computer was infected, do not shut down, and call a Microsoft telephone number for assistance. I am not a gullible person, but I called because the blaring horn rattled my cage. The person (foreign) picked up immediately, and I could hear other voices in the background (struck me as odd as that is not characteristic of my experience with valid Help Desks). He presented himself as a Microsoft employee. I challenged that, and he put up on my screen his Microsoft resume. Still not convinced entirely, but enough to let him take temporary control of my computer (in hindsight, not smart of me). He ran a scan program and said my IP address was stolen and people were using it to access **** sites, etc. He showed me the spyware coding right on my screen, including that I had outdated security software and operating system! He said he could help by installing a firewall and then offered the price of a 1 year subscription and a 5 year subscription. That's when I got really, really suspicious as bonafide Help Desks from Microsoft, Dell, etc don't market services, too; they only fix problems. I hung up and shut down my computer. The next day I reached out to Dell as I have a service contract with them. Dell confirmed the number I dialed was a fake, and ran a complete computer scan on my computer. Fortunately, no spyware or other viruses were found; it was just a scam for your credit card info.

Dell explained that the scam probably was activated by mistakenly activating a pop-up screen!

As I said, I am not a gullible person, but the scam was carefully executed to rattle your cage and make you react. Fortunately, in the end, I did not fall for it. I know of others who and they presumably lost their money.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Holy 5-6 year old thread...however, scamming seems to always be topical!

Old 04-07-2020, 11:26 AM
fineito is on a distinguished road
Holy Batman is right! A 6 year old thread that somehow I respond to! How did that happen? Dunno. But, the scam is recent so maybe my response will serve a purpose for someone.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:06 AM
SATMAN13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by therock88
hi 6speeders....

This is just a friendly public service announcement to hopefully protect some of you from an issue i encountered with the company (super tweaks limted) out of the uk....

They seem like a legitimate company etc., but i am frustrated with my experience so thought i would share....maybe i am just being unreasonable??

So i searched the web after reading many articles about the quality of the dectane led taillights for the 997 turbo....found them online at super tweaks and seemed like a good price (even with the wonderful sterling pound conversion)...so i buy them, check out, and my credit card was immediately billed....a few days go by and i am contacted via email that they do not actually have the ones i ordered.....i was ok to wait (approximately 1 month)...so i did...i followed up and they finally marked them "shipped" on my account. No problems really so far....

I looked at my cc statement online and see a $50.37 charge about a month later and so i call and email to find out why?? I was never told anything or authorized any additional charges. So the response back was for shipping i was told! ? When i initially checked out the invoice included an item that said flat rate shipping $8.08 and was included in the price....

So just be aware that these folks say flat rate shipping and charge you for it...then without any warning bill your cc for another large amount.

Maybe not unreasonable.....but a poor way to do business without even telling me....and very uncool in my opinion...

Hope this saves someone some grief and/or aggrevation.

you got off lightly pal......these people are professional scammers....supertweaks is owned by tal jhonathon webb david webb and david webb snr career scammers......what they do is send small items out but large more expensive stuff..stays in pending forever when you ask where your gear is they get assy with you...sometimes even tell you to go away..no refund nothing. In our experience we was told we had been refunded 950.00 (i knew it was never coming) i was correct so it was escalated......the banks got involved....what happened is evn more shocking,,,,,jhonathon webb actually forged an invoice so that he wouldnt have to refund the money ........signature the lot just a blatant forgery.....there emails dont match what theyre sayig though so theyre clearly not that smart..........were going to court...these *******s need shutting down...mountain of evidence to sink these *******s. The emails they sent us would make a delinquent blush...absolute trash ......look on trust pilot youll see the extent of what these crooks are conning people too. The list is endless. They ahve another site aswel tweaked aoutomotive same crooks diffreent banner same con look on trust pilot again. How theyre not locked up is beyond anyones guess..........were going for them though...not about the money anymore.....start forging signatures and invoices. Its a step too far. We have mountains of evidence were gonna nail these ***** to the wall. Theyll be no supertweaks when were done.