PCAR Tires from COSTCO? - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
Sponsored by:

PCAR Tires from COSTCO?

Old 03-14-2013, 12:21 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
PCAR Tires from COSTCO?

Anyone have any experience in buying tires for your 996/997 at COSTCO?

Do they normally have the proper mounting & balancing equipment for the Porsche OEM wheels?

I have purchased tires for non-Porsches from them for many years with a great amount of satisfaction. Any thoughts on this?

Old 03-14-2013, 12:39 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Crindge...

Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Costco would not be my first choice for tire mounting. However, if you have been very satisfied with the service, and you speak to the tire manager about what measures they take to do a perfect job and continue to be comfortable, I see no downside. If the installer is someone who also works the gas pumps, I might RUN to someone who is a tire installation pro.

Their cost for the tires are good but you can do better from the online retailers.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mjsporsche View Post
Costco would not be my first choice for tire mounting. However, if you have been very satisfied with the service, and you speak to the tire manager about what measures they take to do a perfect job and continue to be comfortable, I see no downside. If the installer is someone who also works the gas pumps, I might RUN to someone who is a tire installation pro.

Their cost for the tires are good but you can do better from the online retailers.
They won't be my first choice as well for the Porsche, I am more just curious if others have purchase PCAR tires from them. I also would have concerns buying from online tire sources and the local installers they recommend. One online sources has good prices, but the local suggested installer has a nasty reputation for lack of quality and service on normal cars (Ford, Chevy, etc.).

Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Get your tires from tirerack orr discount tire have them ship it to the nearest dealer let the dealer do the rest.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:31 PM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
"Get your tires from tirerack orr discount tire have them ship it to the nearest dealer let the dealer do the rest."

Amen to that. Some things are just not worth the headache they may bring.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
If you drove a civic i would say let costco do it. No big deal if the civic drives crooked haa well thats what i do anyway the beater goes to joe shmo we fix tires

Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM
XLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond reputeXLR82XS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carrera997re View Post
Get your tires from tirerack orr discount tire have them ship it to the nearest dealer let the dealer do the rest.
That's what I tell my customers.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
If it was for your regular Cayenne, meh.
The 911? Not unless they had a no touch mounting machine and road force balancer.
Even then, I don't ink so.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
The local shop can help with patch repair from road hazards that unfortunately are quite common. Costco would have a long wait and it's probably not their thing to do regularly. Look at the Indy reviews on tire rack. May get alignment to preserve tire investment.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by GuzziGreg View Post
"Get your tires from tirerack orr discount tire have them ship it to the nearest dealer let the dealer do the rest."

Amen to that. Some things are just not worth the headache they may bring.
Good thought, are most Porsche dealers willing to install tires purchased from a third party such as tirerack?

Of course I understand they would most likely charge standard shop labor rates to do so.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:27 PM
They will do it and shine your shoes as well. Cash is king lol

Old 03-14-2013, 03:56 PM
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
find a good tire shop with touchless mouting equipment. they look a lot bigger than your typical clamp type mounting machine. it's your best bet again curbing a wheel during an install.

i dont think costco have the better machines. you may be lucky to find someone who will take the time and be skilled enough to do the job right. however, that is usually not the case.

i had a cheap DD wheel stud stripped by costco. they sent me to a repair shop who took care of the stud. it took a week though. not fun. these days, costco charges mounting too. so, it makes little sense to go there anymore.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:55 PM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by windboat View Post
Good thought, are most Porsche dealers willing to install tires purchased from a third party such as tirerack?

Of course I understand they would most likely charge standard shop labor rates to do so.

Tirerack is the supplier to most Porsche dealers. It is a National program. In fact, the prices the dealer pays from Tirerack are even better than what we see on Tirerack's website. And many dealers place a very small mark up on the prices they pay.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 PM
nota_troll will become famous soon enoughnota_troll will become famous soon enough
Costco installed my tires on all my cars (performance and non) and had no issue with them but maybe I'm not picky enough. Heck I use their gas.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCAR Tires from COSTCO?

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.