997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ipod or AUX connection want to use my ipod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:45 AM
m3racer08 is on a distinguished road
Ipod or AUX connection want to use my ipod

is there any way to get my ipod to work in this damn car. For all the money these cars cost how can i get my ipod working?

2007 C2 navi , is there anyway to run a wire to plug into my ipod even threw the head phone jack?

Please ideas please

Old 03-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
Yes you can. My mechanic guy for a reason disabled my cd charger and he installed an iphone wire. I will ask him. Now when i place cd charger i can hear to my iphone songs...

Old 03-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I have the Dension from bumperplugs. Easy install (about an hour) and turns the PCM's CD changer functions into the iPod interface. I put an old iPhone in te trunk as a dedicated device but I would do it differently if I had to do it again.
You can with have the PCM control the iPhone or you can keep control via the iPod itself. The PCM is slow and clunky, think DOS, so you're better off running the wire into the cabin.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 PM
smann79 is on a distinguished road
I did the Nav TV for Bluetooth and iPod. I went with an iPod cable vs headphone jack because of clarity. As well I opted to control via the iPod and not through PCM. Controlling through PCM is super slow... Super super slow.

Paid 1200 with install and cables.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Aisxos
Yes you can. My mechanic guy for a reason disabled my cd charger and he installed an iphone wire. I will ask him. Now when i place cd charger i can hear to my iphone songs...
Please if you can get more info i would so appreciate it.

TIA
Originally Posted by smann79
I did the Nav TV for Bluetooth and iPod. I went with an iPod cable vs headphone jack because of clarity. As well I opted to control via the iPod and not through PCM. Controlling through PCM is super slow... Super super slow.

Paid 1200 with install and cables.
Thats pricey, is there no cheaper solution?

Old 03-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Maturola is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by m3racer08
Please if you can get more info i would so appreciate it.

TIA

Thats pricey, is there no cheaper solution?
The Cheaper route is to use a FM modulator, I have the iSimple and ti works good enough for Pandora, iHeartradio and Music Player, quality is just like a FM radio (less than CD), but good enough for me right now and only cost me $70 and about 45min to install.

I will put the Dension unit later, I just have other mods higher in the priority right now.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
The Dension was about $500 from
Bumper plugs and an easy DIY install.
Took me about an hour.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:31 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I have the NavTV set up. PCM is way slow. Control through iPod is best way to go. Unless you charge the iPod manually, battery goes dead. PCar is not DD for me..so iPod is dead every time I get in unless I leave charging.

Considering iPad mini install or Pioneer Head unit. Too bad PCM is so lame for the car it's in!!

Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
is there any way to get my ipod to work in this damn car. For all the money these cars cost how can i get my ipod working?

2007 C2 navi , is there anyway to run a wire to plug into my ipod even threw the head phone jack?

Please ideas please
2007 didn't offer any factory iWidget integration, so you need an aftermarket solution.

If that version of the PCM doesn't have an AUX (3.5mm headphone type jack) input, then installing a 3rd party module that uses a cd changer control to provide feeding an aux or iDock cable to the audio in of the cd changer to the head unit would give the clearest sound.

An FM modulator add-on, which I think Porsche offers, would be the simplest install since you only need to apply power to the add-on, and it send the audio the FM radio over a fixed frequency that you program as a set channel.

But if you go that way you might as well install a 3rd party blue-tooth driven device that plugs into the CD changer input so or otherwise, so you can then just have the iOS device send audio via bluetooth.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
my car does not have a cd changer but has nav.. what are my options?

i just want to play pandora and charge my phone

Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
I have the NavTV set up. PCM is way slow. Control through iPod is best way to go. Unless you charge the iPod manually, battery goes dead. PCar is not DD for me..so iPod is dead every time I get in unless I leave charging.

Considering iPad mini install or Pioneer Head unit. Too bad PCM is so lame for the car it's in!!
This will take care of your iPod battery issue.

http://www.abt.com/product/61936/Sco...FWA&adtype=pla

Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Minok
2007 didn't offer any factory iWidget integration, so you need an aftermarket solution.

If that version of the PCM doesn't have an AUX (3.5mm headphone type jack) input, then installing a 3rd party module that uses a cd changer control to provide feeding an aux or iDock cable to the audio in of the cd changer to the head unit would give the clearest sound.

An FM modulator add-on, which I think Porsche offers, would be the simplest install since you only need to apply power to the add-on, and it send the audio the FM radio over a fixed frequency that you program as a set channel.

But if you go that way you might as well install a 3rd party blue-tooth driven device that plugs into the CD changer input so or otherwise, so you can then just have the iOS device send audio via bluetooth.
Yeah thanks i think im going to find a after market unit that plugs into CD changer area because thats how i had it set up in my BMW and the clarity was spot on.

Now the issue is all these units are like $500+ . Who's selling a used after market unit? Looks like the dension 500 is winning, is this true?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Yeah thanks i think im going to find a after market unit that plugs into CD changer area because thats how i had it set up in my BMW and the clarity was spot on.

Now the issue is all these units are like $500+ . Who's selling a used after market unit? Looks like the dension 500 is winning, is this true?
Cheap they are not.. its supply and demand. They work with a small population of cars (vs ones mad for a Honda or VW) and so the development and profit has to be extracted from a smaller number of sales... so they cost more.