997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Part number front light bulb?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
Part number front light bulb?

I get the 'check front left light' message and sure enough, one of the bulbs has gone (see img below).
I want to go to my Indy shortly for an oil change anyway and would like to order the bulb ahead of time. Does anybody know the part number for this piece or how to get it?

Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pvanosta
I get the 'check front left light' message and sure enough, one of the bulbs has gone (see img below).
I want to go to my Indy shortly for an oil change anyway and would like to order the bulb ahead of time. Does anybody know the part number for this piece or how to get it?

Thanks.
Should be listed in your owner's manual.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
Thanks. For some reason I did not think of that

Old 03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
it looks like it might be part #18? listed as "halogen bulb", p/n 999.631.142.90. that looks like it is on the inside of the lamp. either way, just call a stealership, give them your VIN and tell them what you are looking for. they are pretty good about finding part numbers (so you can give to your indy etc).

Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks,
I think it's either #18 or #21 but will confirm when I'm in front of the car

Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor
Hoen will become famous soon enough
In that housing we have an H8 fog light bulb and a W5W city light bulb coupled with a 7507 turn signal bulb.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 PM
It's not the fog light, because I never turn those on. It's not the indicator (at least I don't think).

The photo I took is with the engine running and the lights on, so I'm guessing that would be the city light ?

Old 03-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor
check the turn signal to verify by turning on the hazard lamps, in the pic it looks amber where the city light would be more white.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 PM
It's not the turn signal bulb. Emergency lights work fine. It's the bulb closest to the middle of the car (I'm guessing that makes it #18 in the diagram?)

I agree the other one looks kind of orange. I'm guessing I should replace both.

Hoen: feel free to PM me with pricing etc.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor
18 looks to be the H8, 19 the W5W. The W5W could be out and the light bouncing off the 7507 reflecting yellow on the one thats working in your pic. Im afraid we dont offer OEM lighting but the W5W's should only run about $22 a pair at the dealer and we suggest replacing in pairs. We offer a whiter replacement at $20 per pair closer to the HID headlights in Kelvin grade.

I dont recall if the 997 non turbo uses a blue bulb, the 997 Turbo does as an oem part, if not you can buy any W5W at your local auto parts store for about $12 a pair.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Hoen,
Just to be on the safe side (knowing I'll need to replace both sets at some point), an you point me to your website with the correct part #'s for the versions you sell (don;t care about OEM, just want a bulb that works)?

I like the 'easy button' approach, so I can just order one set of each and let my Indy sort it out.
Thanks.