997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Steering Wheel - Dallas Custom

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 05:37 AM
Wheeler will become famous soon enough
New Steering Wheel - Dallas Custom

I can't remember who posted the pics a while back of their new wheel, but I pretty much ripped it off...sorry, it was THAT good! I went back and forth on whether to do the perforated leather in the grip area, glad I did. Needless to say the work is top notch, the service from Don is unbelievable. He got the wheel on Friday, I had it on my porch in KC yesterday! He did not have a core and I didn't want to send my wheel, so I bought a used one from LA Dismantlers and had it drop shipped to Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. LA D was also a pleasure to work with and obvious enthusiasts, no doubt we will do more business in the future.

Swap was pretty easy, I could do it in 10 min the second time. Tip: you have push up on the airbag release a LOT harder than it looked like in the vids I saw! It helped to have the second wheel to look at to see how it functioned.

I got the thickest option...and it's thick! But love the feel, even more go-kart like than before. And the look and leather feel are very much factory!

Old 02-21-2014, 07:09 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Very tight. I am getting my sport wheel done here soon, how much was your configuration? if you don't mind disclosing...

Old 02-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Thanks. Really like it.

$457 as seen, shipped. I paid $300 shipped for the donor wheel.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:40 AM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
this looks fantastic. ive spoken to donald as well and am planning on going this route. now if only the weather would help!!!!

Old 02-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Looks really good, all or less than $500, I say it's a bargain.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:57 AM
RON1X will become famous soon enoughRON1X will become famous soon enough
awesome, that is exactly what I want!

Old 02-21-2014, 11:38 AM
I've spent my upgrade money on bang for the buck stuff that actually makes DRIVING the car better. Next to the GT3 shifter, this is a close second and may eclipse the #1 spot after I drive it a bit. :-) Love the Suncoast pedals too.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:21 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Or you could have this for the same money:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-wheel.html
Sorry, threadjacking shameless plug! Don also does a great job, I also had a wheel from him.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
looks great, I've been thinking about doing it also, I would do yello strip and stiching to match my yellow seatbelts. Where can I find Don's info?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:24 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by simtiaz
looks great, I've been thinking about doing it also, I would do yello strip and stiching to match my yellow seatbelts. Where can I find Don's info?
http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/

Old 02-21-2014, 02:01 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Tphan

Old 02-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Just sent a message to DC for the same configuration on my paddle wheel.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:56 PM
You guys are WEAK! Like meth addicts! Lol.

Seriously though when you can spend $900 on a carbon fiber air vent, $450 for something functional and not played out seems like a bargain!

Old 02-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Way back when I purchased a new set of RS stickers for my RSA. I don't remember the exact price but i do remember that it was cheap. So, I asked the person at the counter if she had another set. She told me I had all i needed. I replied that I had never walked away from the parts counter that cheaply and I wanted to double the experience.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:12 PM
I know the feeling. I went to Advanced to get a T55 torx bit to install the wheel and it didn't feel right going and only spending 4 bucks. Ended with a set of defcon 5 super duper wiper blades for my F150 to the tune of another $30. :-\

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Steering Wheel - Dallas Custom