997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

do side indicators blink when locking and unlocking

Old 03-30-2014, 04:32 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
do side indicators blink when locking and unlocking

my side indicators function as indicators and blinkers. it blinks when the signals are activated and when the signals are not activated they are kept on as indicators. however, i do not see them blink when i lock and unlock. is this the same for most 997.2's

Old 03-30-2014, 11:26 AM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
On my 06 they do not flash when locking or unlocking.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:29 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
My 07 and my 2011 do not.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:09 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
In the other porsche forums, im getting the opposite responses. Most say the side indicators do flash when locking and unlocking the car=arming disarming

Old 03-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Phil_D will become famous soon enoughPhil_D will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by slicky rick
In the other porsche forums, im getting the opposite responses. Most say the side indicators do flash when locking and unlocking the car=arming disarming
May be to do with where the car is parked. In the garage it turns my running lights on when I unlock. I'll try it in daylight, as I can't recall which ones come on or blink then.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Just tested it both ways and if the side markers are set as running lights (factory default) they do not blink when the the alarm is set or unset. If they are set as direction indicators then they do blink.

Last edited by Phil_D; 04-01-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:57 AM
Mine dont right now phil but i recall before the dealer set my new setup, the did.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:21 PM
ecostellodo is on a distinguished road
Mine blink on an 06 S.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:55 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Rick doesn't have a US spec car so maybe that's the reason for the differences.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Jh is correct. My car is a row car. I however might be inclined to think most of the software could be the same, generally. I always thought that US cars differed only on some safety issues eg: higher ride height, bumperettes to name a few.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:25 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Maybe but my dealer told me a couple of years ago that changing the side markers to turn signals was not a US spec and he wouldn't do it - that's why I used Dura Pro

Old 04-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Maybe but my dealer told me a couple of years ago that changing the side markers to turn signals was not a US spec and he wouldn't do it - that's why I used Dura Pro
Yup, one amber lamp and one amber reflector are required on each side of the front of all vehicles. Same for the rear, one red lamp and one red reflector, which in our case are part of the rear tail lights.