997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dealer dented my rocker panel! Need opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:54 PM
ffr996 is infamous around these parts
which dealer did you take it to?

Old 09-29-2005, 06:50 AM
florindi is infamous around these parts
clair

Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
Yeah, granted that its just a car, and that you should be glad that they at least are admitting the mistake, and are willing to own up to it.............But it's a Porsche, a very expensive car. A car that you probably worked your *** off to get. Moreover to make matters worse, its YOUR Porsche. Me personally, I'd be really pissed and frankly, I'd make a big stink about it until they satisfied me. The dealer is a place where you take your Porsche to get it in perfect condition. Not to get it banged up. The dealer initially tried to cover it up. So why should you be nice about it and just bend over and take it? For me the gloves would be off and I'd try to get them to order a new factory rocker, prepped and painted (at factory) if at all possible. And if not I'd want compensation for diminished value. The car is only 5K old, so I'd imagine that you have a few more miles to go in it. Do you really want to drive it for the rest of your ownership with a bad taste in your mouth? I sincerely wish that your dealer will resolve their mistake to your complete satisfaction. Good luck!
Peter Oh.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:09 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Robert ****
I'd ask for a new car.
05 GT 2

Old 10-05-2005, 02:09 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
So is it then established that Robert **** is a lying troll? And is it then true that doesn't have a GT2 and that he couldn't possibly have the means to purchase a CGT?

Old 10-05-2005, 04:01 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by techart 996 #3
So is it then established that Robert **** is a lying troll? And is it then true that doesn't have a GT2 and that he couldn't possibly have the means to purchase a CGT?
I think so...He has not been on here for a while.....He is probably out there pounding the pavement doing some more extensive research on "dropping CGT values"

Old 10-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
I suggest they give you 2 new cars and execute the tech. For God's sake what do you want!!!

Old 10-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
A few years ago on my last service experience with Porsche some guy backed into my car and destroyed the left front quarter panel. They fixed it and I moved on. It is just a car and cars get scratched etc when you use them. Sometimes things happen.

I would be really pissed at the dealer for covering it up though. Definitely change techs, but I would probably stay at the dealer since you now have leverage and face time with the service mananger. Make sure you take care of him for admitting the issue and you will receive excellent service from now on.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Salespunk,
What do you mean by "Make sure you take care of him for admitting the issue"?

Old 10-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
I'm thinking he means buy the tech lunch?

Old 10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
this is the way most of the dealer act when they damage customer's car. My friend bought a band new GT3 from Pfaff porsche Toronto. After 1 month and only 900km of owner ship. He found out one fender has been repaint before he received his "NEW" GT3. He has lots of meeting with dealer manager and Porsche rep. As usual they all act like ***. My friend ask for refund his car or exchange to new car since the car is so NEW. the jerk Porsche rep. even said to sand down the whole car to re-paint ???. My friend can't stand with the that and sold his car with hit of course. PCNA send him a $2000CAD certificate toward to his next pursche. You have to send so much time and put so much effort for the $2K certificate, i don't think is worth it....

Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by florindi
Salespunk,
What do you mean by "Make sure you take care of him for admitting the issue"?
Since the manager admitted the problem, buy him some tickets to a football game or a gift certificate for dinner. Something nice for taking care of you. This will pay HUGE dividends down the road if you continue to do business with the dealership.

Do not do anything for the tech. I would request a different senior tech from this point forward.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:16 AM
Actually the service manager didn't admit it, but the tech did. The service manager was apprehensive when I told him what happened. He felt there was no way it could of happened there. I hope that from now on he will believe me. The dealer knows I am the most **** person they probably have to deal with. They paid the bill for by body shop to fix it. I got lucky because my shop was able to push the dent out without repainting. It look as good as new.