997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Thoughts on Liscense plate frames?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 12:24 AM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
Thoughts on Liscense plate frames?

Yea or Nay? why or why not? What style?

Im in a f&r plate state, but sometimes run no front, or tow hook setup.Im not running any frames at the moment.

I have a slate grey 4S. I see some cars with dealer frames, but im not a fan of promoting dealers, and the materials are typically plastic and tacky. Some say PORSCHE in caps...a bit redundant, like our BMW friends plate frames.

My wheels are body colored sport wheels.

Some frames will cover tabs/tags in lower corners covering serial numbers giving the black and blue PC to meet and greet.

Thanks for weighing in.

PB.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:43 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Plain stainless steel, no adds, rear only.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:43 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by FlaHeel
Plain stainless steel, no adds, rear only.
No ads!

Old 01-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
No frame. Simple and clean.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:30 PM
SoCal C2S is on a distinguished road
Mine is very basic...."911". Frame in real carbon fiber.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	938.4 KB
ID:	411829  

Last edited by SoCal C2S; 01-12-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:35 PM
911-targa4s will become famous soon enough
I had some custom frames made by Billet Frames (www.billetframes.com) They say "There Is No Substitute" on the top line and PORSCHE on the bottom. You can make up any words and select a wide range of frames.

They look great and fit nicely under the front bumper so no holes needed in the bumper face.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:55 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
Nice T4s. meteor? looks it.

I have not been able to find a quality maker of plate surrounds for my other cars, ...thanks for the link/advice.

I run the US millworks front plate towhook holder. it takes a bit of getting used to, as it can look rice, but I typically only put it on when parking on city streets as the meter maids like to tag for plate violation.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Thin Frame PCA Frames in flat black. Ties together nicely with the flat black exhaust tips.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:46 PM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
I like the most minimalistic license plate frame possible. The less I can notice it, the better. I haven't used a frame on any of my cars in a long time unless a front plate was required by law and I had no choice.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
If you decide to go with a frame, we offer a few different ones from Porsche. For more information Click Here.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:11 AM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
I suggest the clear plastic cover type. It protects the actual plate, and has no visible frame at all. The clear plastic plate cover keeps bugs and chips off the plate, so it looks new/neat. My theory is, if you ~have~ to have a front plate, why call extra attention to it by framing it? Also, if you have to ~have~ the plate, it should at least ~not~ look beat up. The plastic cover can be replaced as often as necessary since they are not expensive. (FWIW, I also use the US Millworks tow-hook plate holder. I keep the front plate on at all times, since I prefer the piece of mind of not being pulled over for something so trivial.)

Old 01-16-2015, 09:19 PM
jets is on a distinguished road
I use these on my 911 and X5. All black on the car and chrome trim on the suv. Pricey but well made and they have a rubber seal that keeps the plate dry and free of debris.

http://www.weathertech.com/clearframe/

Old 01-17-2015, 07:43 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
With all of the craziness in the world today this is especially true- I do not have any slogans, adds, stickers, political expressions, or anything else on my cars. My license plate frame is a plain black frame. There are enough crazy, pissed off people walking/driving around just looking for a reason to damage your car or hurt you.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:42 AM
the997dude is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cairo94507
With all of the craziness in the world today this is especially true- I do not have any slogans, adds, stickers, political expressions, or anything else on my cars. My license plate frame is a plain black frame. There are enough crazy, pissed off people walking/driving around just looking for a reason to damage your car or hurt you.
So true, man. I feel the same way.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Miami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cairo94507
I'm with you on that. Mine is a plain carbon fiber frame that I've had for years now, on different cars. The plates need some sort of border. Dark matte frames seem to work best on most cars, in my estimation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Liscense plate frames?