997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Floor mats - 6spd owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:59 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Question Floor mats - 6spd owners

My 997 has really nice condition floor mats I don't want to use. Right now I have super cheap rubber mats from Target covering them.

I'm mostly worried about the wear spot that starts to form near the clutch pedal. What are you guys/gals using for floor mats? I think I want to buy a second set and wear those out instead.

I was wondering how long you've had your mats and whether or not a spot is forming near the clutch pedal (or anywhere else). Not sure why I'm so **** about floor mats...

Thanks.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:06 PM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
we bought a custom set of floor mats that are clear plastic a little over two years ago that don't show any wear. I think we bought them from pelican.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Kellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud of
What color are you looking for? Suncoast has a set of front/rear porsche ones for $35, just the fronts are $25. Have them in stone grey which looks fine in a black interior to me, as well as tan.

Otherwise living in the PNW I have carpet ones in the back and the porsche rubber ones up front.

Suncoast Link

Old 04-08-2016, 09:10 PM
JDDarkside is on a distinguished road
I'm very fussy about floor mats too. My car came with the factory mats plus a set of Porsche rubber mats. I'm fussy enough that I didn't want to damage the Porsche rubber mats, so I ordered a set of Weathertech mats. Had them in for one season and so far, so good, no spot forming. I know exactly what you mean as I just wore through the Ford rubber mat in my F150 work truck with my heel.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:16 PM
steben is on a distinguished road
Got my Front Mats from Suncoast Today

Originally Posted by Kellen
What color are you looking for? Suncoast has a set of front/rear porsche ones for $35, just the fronts are $25. Have them in stone grey which looks fine in a black interior to me, as well as tan.

Otherwise living in the PNW I have carpet ones in the back and the porsche rubber ones up front.

Suncoast Link
At $25, deal of the decade, even with the shipping charge

Old 04-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Porscheguy911 has a spectacular aura aboutPorscheguy911 has a spectacular aura about
I got tired of spending over $100 every other year on factory. My heel keeps wearing a hole wear gas pedal is. So I just ordered a set of custom aluminum mats. Taste is not for everyone though.

Attached Images   
Old 04-09-2016, 09:13 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I got the Porsche rubber mats and 15K later I see no wear. I don t like carpet, Too dirty, LOL.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:12 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I bought the Porsche all weather mats and 25K miles later they still look like new when I wipe them off. Fit is excellent and they lay flat. They are a soft, flexible rubber unlike the Weather Tech mats which tend to be hard and slippery.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:17 AM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
I got the weather tech ones since I lived in Chicago, for the snow and salt, 3 years and they still look ok....

Attached Images  

Last edited by martidamm; 04-10-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:49 AM
SoCal C2S is on a distinguished road
Rennline track mats....they never wear but can scratch. Got them for both sides.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	445275  
Old 04-10-2016, 08:50 AM
SoCal C2S is on a distinguished road
Better photo....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	445276  
Old 04-10-2016, 01:52 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
Better photo....
Wow, those look nice.

I'm worried about rubber mats, because the last rubber mats I got stunk up the interior and never seemed to go away. Even after removing them it took a few days for the smell to go away.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:33 PM
JDDarkside is on a distinguished road
I've never had an issue with odors from rubber mats and have had several in different vehicles. I typically stick with a brand name like Weathertech or the actual Porsche mats. Funny that you mention that though. I bought some great rubber wheel chocks as I don't like to leave my e-brake on for extended periods of time. They were brutal for a strong rubber odor. They stunk up the whole garage. I ended up leaving them outside for 3-4 weeks before they lost their smell.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I use standard Porsche carpeted mats and I replace them when they are worn.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:40 AM
jeffrec is on a distinguished road
I bought a set of the floor mats in stone grey from Suncoast at the price mentioned and they are great. Have had them for six months and showing no signs of wear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Floor mats - 6spd owners