997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I am a new 997.1 Owner and want more power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:31 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by yvesvidal
The car has plenty of power as it is. You just need to learn how to drive it correctly. (I know I am going to be burnt to the stake for saying this.....) Yves

I agree!!! I don't want fast straight line speed myself. I got my PCar for the looks, style, abilities and overall enjoyment. Not to mention they are not that common as a Mustang or Camaro.

If I want great drag race capabilities.....then I will get me a V8. Maybe a Vette. But in reality what I would get is a turbo PCar and be done with it.

I love the handling of my car and the way you can use and not be afraid of breakdowns. Very reliable car and fun as hell. I thought a lot about doing mods to get more power. Read here and Rennlist and realized it's not worth it to go through all that money and effort for little gain.

Personalize the car as you see fit to make it your own. Make the car fun. If power is all your are concerned with, get the Turbo. If you cannot afford the turbo then save up for it.

Most people that buy mustangs or camaro's maybe cannot afford a Porsche. Or as some have said to me, the Porsche is too slow. Not enough HP. Really? Those are people who only care about a straight line speed. When the road curves they cannot handle. That's where the PCar shines and has always shined over the years, no decades, to show what a drivers car really is!!

My .02

Old 04-28-2016, 03:01 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Those statements about handling the curves don't exactly apply the way they once did. The newer Camaros and Mustangs are no longer afraid of the curves, and my C7 Z51 coupe pulls over 1 G off the lot (I have to say I am amazed at the way that thing handles even with the stock runflats). I have owned 40 Porsche's and not all of them were that fast, but all were fun. There is a saying you can have a lot more fun driving a low powered car fast than a high powered car slow(owning both an Abarth and Miatas convinced me). I would agree with that 100%. I wish it were true that people buy Porsche's for their over all enjoyment, but my guess is like most Ferrari owners it is more about the emblem on the car than the car itself.