997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How To Remove Carrera Badge?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:55 AM
REKX is on a distinguished road
How To Remove Carrera Badge?

As you can see my Carrera badge is some sort of dark matte colour.

I need to replace it to have a chrome lettering which I can purchase.

Just needed to know how to remove the current badge without messing anything up.

Thank you.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:00 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
It s glued on. Get a piece of strong fishing line and just work it thru the back like a saw. Then remove left over glue and maybe polish/wax area.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
It s glued on. Get a piece of strong fishing line and just work it thru the back like a saw. Then remove left over glue and maybe polish/wax area.
Thanks.

Does that also mean I will have to glue on the new badge?

The PORSCHE lettering came as self adhesive so was easy to put on.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
The new badge will have adhesive tape on the back.

I replaced the badge on my 996 because part of the "C" was damaged. I was surprised at how much work it took to clean up the paint after the old badge was removed.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:36 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dennis C

I replaced the badge on my 996 because part of the "C" was damaged. I was surprised at how much work it took to clean up the paint after the old badge was removed.

yes, your finger nail will hurt after this process.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Dennis C

Can I not just remove the old badge, and not clean up the stuff as the new one will sit on top of it and will not be visible?

Old 04-26-2016, 11:44 AM
No, it s kinda thick and may not let the new one sit flat enough... It s not that bad.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by REKX
Can I not just remove the old badge, and not clean up the stuff as the new one will sit on top of it and will not be visible?
You can. When I removed mine, even after removed the old adhesive, there was an outline of the Carrera script. You could simply put the new one down on top of that.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:19 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
I heated my badges up with a hair dryer and used dental floss to remove! Very simple operation!

Old 04-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by MYC2SPC
I heated my badges up with a hair dryer and used dental floss to remove! Very simple operation!

I forgot, that does work even better.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:30 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MYC2SPC
^ This , and if there's any residue left from the old badge just use a machine buffer i.e. with polish/wax to clean things up prior to applying your new badge..

Old 04-28-2016, 07:59 AM
Kellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud ofKellen has much to be proud of
I left mine off. But as stated I heated it up, then used fishing line. Took some goo gone if I recall and got the remainder of the adhesive off. Then polish/wax as I left mine off. Can't see the outline after doing this.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:39 AM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
And when using Goo Gone, which was very effective when I removed mine with the floss approach, but sure to use the automotive version rather than the general household version since it is formulated to be safer for car paint.