997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2009 Porsche 911 997.2 GT3 Wing Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:12 PM
NocheEnParis is a jewel in the roughNocheEnParis is a jewel in the roughNocheEnParis is a jewel in the rough
2009 Porsche 911 997.2 GT3 Wing Install

Hey guys! I've never actually written a how to/DIY post but here are some shots of a small project I'm doing. Long story short, I own a Guards red 997.2, it took me months of searching until i found a female driven 1 owner car that is 6 speed (Thanks Colleen from VA). Its a base with few upgrades. After searching everywhere i finally found my favorite OEM GT3 wing on CL in New jersey. And I purchased a GT3 Tek front lip that will be getting installed as well. Thought I would share my car with you guys and provide some lovely pictures of the progress. I am making the car more tasteful in my eyes. I get that some of you may like and others won't but feel free to give your open opinion as it may help me make a final or reversible decision. Thanks Guys.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:16 PM
NocheEnParis is a jewel in the roughNocheEnParis is a jewel in the roughNocheEnParis is a jewel in the rough
Test Fitting.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:29 PM
Some Mock shots before paint and adjusting. Need different Engine fan and longer side screws that attach the lid to the brackets.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:57 PM
captainbaker is on a distinguished road
I just installed a stock TT fixed height wing. You will need to go to the dealer and have them recode your car to a fixed wing or buy the Rennkit Micromodule to get rid of the dash 'spoiler massage'. Then pick up the third brake delete kit wiring harness from Suncoast $120. That will kill the 'Raised third brake light' message. Now you will be message free. Looks good so far.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Thank you

Originally Posted by captainbaker
I just installed a stock TT fixed height wing. You will need to go to the dealer and have them recode your car to a fixed wing or buy the Rennkit Micromodule to get rid of the dash 'spoiler massage'. Then pick up the third brake delete kit wiring harness from Suncoast $120. That will kill the 'Raised third brake light' message. Now you will be message free. Looks good so far.
Thank you for the tips. Thankfully the car has been recoded by a buddy of mine. The third brake light kit light hasn't come on yet but you're right about that. I need to get a new airbox or intake because the holes do not align corectly. Thankfully the scoops are allowing for more than enough air to flow for now. I should be getting the car back hopefully tomrrow so I can continue to work on it. I am also removing from license plate holes that were drilled from previous owner. Thank you for the heads up on the 3rd brake light. Just more money to spend on my beloved.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Since you're looking for opinions....

Too much for an otherwise stock 911. Mullet look, business up front and party out back.

The front lip will help, but a GT3 "look" front and rear bumper will help help balance out the dramatic looking wing.

Sometimes less is more.

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 01-28-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Agreed..You need to go all the way with front lip or GT3 front bumper, side skirts and lower rear. That wing is way too aggressive by itself and looks out of place.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:00 PM
My intentions are aero kit style. Since the aero kit and gt3 share the same wing, I planned on going with the aero front end as well. Finding the front aero bumper for a reasonable price is the hard part. The 997 aero kit only has wing and different front bumper which I love the look. Plans of lowering and wheels are in the making. Thanks for the feedback though, its greatly appreciated! The gt3 tek front lip will have to do for now until I find one.

Here's an example of the look I am referring to...

Last edited by NocheEnParis; 01-28-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
A drop is crucial!

That Carrera looks pretty good. GT3 look rear bumper and side skirts will make it look awesome

Old 01-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Adding gt3 bumpers and lowering springs 997

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
A drop is crucial!

That Carrera looks pretty good. GT3 look rear bumper and side skirts will make it look awesome
I'm currently shopping for lowering springs until I save enough coin for some Coil-overs. H&R springs drop it about 1.5-2 inches so that'll help for now (opinions?) I agree with you... GT3 bumpers will look great, but the look wont match the HP lol Sheep in wolves clothing haha. Just looking to add the aero kit, lowered with some wheels. I'll keep posting pictures as I go. Should I rename the thread?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:13 AM
juank20 will become famous soon enoughjuank20 will become famous soon enough
It will look great once painted and front lip installed. Love Gaurds Red

Old 02-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by juank20
It will look great once painted and front lip installed. Love Gaurds Red
Thank you. I hope so, I should have some updated pictures this weekend with the wing painted. and under the knife she goes again for some suspension work

Old 02-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Love new look and GR on 997 is classic

Old 02-06-2017, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
Love new look and GR on 997 is classic
Thank you. I purposely sold my black 997.1 to get a red one because I kept dreaming of owning a GR one lol

Old 02-06-2017, 07:31 AM
Wing Paint and License plate holes removal

Hey guys here's some before and after shots, and some progress on the wing paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.