997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Clima repair #crap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Zzzfast has a spectacular aura aboutZzzfast has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=EMC2;4616963]
Originally Posted by Zzzfast
So i guess it's hit or miss... my buddy order a set that are decent and much better than what he had. We installed them today. As suspected, they are smaller and the fit isn't exact. With that being said, it is an improvement to what he had.

Heres a pic:
/QUOTE]

Not sure I understand your post.
Are you saying these are considered acceptable? (see closeup below from the pic you posted)

not saying it's acceptable just mentioning that it's an improvement to this.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Mike282028 is an unknown quantity at this point
Response from Climarepair

What a great response from Climarepair...would not buy anything from these guys again...

"ApparentlyUS customers don’t like to read the item descriptions and see all the picturesavailable. We have sold over 400 kits worldwide, and we have 10 customers fromthe US complaining (the other 390 customers from other countries are happy,very weird).

Wepost as many pictures as we possibly can in our web site, we even explain inthe product page that the finish of the buttons is not a replica of theoriginals. We also state the following:

Please note! To prevent unauthorized reproductions/copiesour standard return policy does not apply to replacement switches. Please checkall available pictures of the product prior to order. "Look and feel"of the replacement switches are not a replica of the OEM switches, but a solutionthat will last for those who has peeling ***** in their cars. All our picturesare real and descriptive. All sales are final.

Wereally don’t know whats going on with the customers from the US, maybe allorders flying to the US were damaged during transportation, maybe customersbeing members of a forum are too impressionable by other members opinions.

Abetter quality could be achieved but this is a very small market and price forthe replacement buttons would rise up to $250. Original buttons cost $700 andcomes with the whole AC unit. Originals peel off after a few months of use. Weoffer this at 1/7 of the original price and last forever, this is the advantagewe can offer right now. We clearly show a lot of pictures of our product in ourweb site so customers can decide if this is what they are looking for.

Takein mind producing such a dedicated part for such an small market of cars isVERY expensive. Some people may think we get a profit of 50%, but reality isthat we ship for free worldwide, and our margin with each kit sold is less than$20. It takes more than 5 hours to boult each kit!!!"

Old 03-14-2017, 12:28 PM
amstang66 is on a distinguished road
why not sand down the ones you have and paint yourself.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Mike282028 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's the plan now, but could of did that to my originals which are actually the correct size and avoided wasting $100

Old 03-14-2017, 01:34 PM
dogger is on a distinguished road
Have not received mine yet but guessing I will be tossing them in the trash

Old 03-15-2017, 04:21 AM
Flatty is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Zzzfast;4617107]
Originally Posted by EMC2

not saying it's acceptable just mentioning that it's an improvement to this.
It really is an improvement!!!

Old 03-17-2017, 12:29 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Absolute Garbage! IF you took a can of black spray paint to yours would look 100 times better. The response from the company putting the fault on "U.S Customers" is also laughable..Yes, because "HERE IN THIS COUNTRY" **imagine Jack Nicholson saying this in The Departed*** we expect quality product for the money we pay!

Last edited by Tarek307; 03-17-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:31 PM
Flatty is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tarek307
Absolute Garbage! IF you took a can of black spray paint to yours would look 100 times better. The response from the company putting the fault on "U.S Customers" is also laughable..Yes, because "HERE IN THIS COUNTRY" **imagine Jack Nicholson saying this in The Departed*** we expect quality product for the money we pay!
I was expecting quality from a $100.000 car from Porsche and did not get it with their buttons...

My climarepair experience:

Peeled:

climarepair:

Old 03-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Zzzfast has a spectacular aura aboutZzzfast has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tarek307

Thats exactly what I did. Send me your unit and I'll do it for 20bucks just so that I can take business away from clima repair

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/402666-my-climate-control-buttons-look-much-better-2.html

Old 03-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Hi-Arc is on a distinguished road
They have to be making them on a 3D printer. It would defiantly explain the steps in the finish.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:51 PM
carlosah is on a distinguished road
Put the old ones in SuperClean Degreaser and leave them overnight. Next day wash them with a tooth brush and water, the paint will wash off. It is an old hobbyist trick! The super cleaner is soft on the plastic and it is bio degradable. Let them dry and paint with your preferred paint. I used flat black Rust-Oleum and polished them with a little tooth paste and microfiber towel to give it a little shine. They came out perfect, but I also put a few coats of PlastiDip as that stuff can just be pilled off.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:05 AM
335hype is on a distinguished road
I received my clima repair controls earlier this week (after 6 weeks of waiting) and opened up the box to find a pile of garbage just like the OP.

These are a crappy 3D print job off of a crappy 3D printer, are brittle, and quite skewed. Even if the finish was nice, I would be concerned with them breaking inside the control unit.

Huge disappointment for $100 - what was interesting was the $6 USD valuation on the customs declaration for 'plastic buttons' - $94 markup seems realistic after holding the finished product...

Old 03-21-2017, 03:40 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Just an example of a rip-off company outside of the USA taking advantage of US customers. Maybe if you live in some 3rd world country where parts are not available, cars are routinely trashed, these junk parts might look better than nothing. If I had ordered those and received that junk, I would have called my credit card company and disputed the charge. Blaming Customs and US customers is just the final straw.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:34 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike282028
What a great response from Climarepair...would not buy anything from these guys again...

"ApparentlyUS customers don’t like to read the item descriptions and see all the picturesavailable. We have sold over 400 kits worldwide, and we have 10 customers fromthe US complaining (the other 390 customers from other countries are happy,very weird).

Wepost as many pictures as we possibly can in our web site, we even explain inthe product page that the finish of the buttons is not a replica of theoriginals. We also state the following:

Please note! To prevent unauthorized reproductions/copiesour standard return policy does not apply to replacement switches. Please checkall available pictures of the product prior to order. "Look and feel"of the replacement switches are not a replica of the OEM switches, but a solutionthat will last for those who has peeling ***** in their cars. All our picturesare real and descriptive. All sales are final.

Wereally don’t know whats going on with the customers from the US, maybe allorders flying to the US were damaged during transportation, maybe customersbeing members of a forum are too impressionable by other members opinions.

Abetter quality could be achieved but this is a very small market and price forthe replacement buttons would rise up to $250. Original buttons cost $700 andcomes with the whole AC unit. Originals peel off after a few months of use. Weoffer this at 1/7 of the original price and last forever, this is the advantagewe can offer right now. We clearly show a lot of pictures of our product in ourweb site so customers can decide if this is what they are looking for.

Takein mind producing such a dedicated part for such an small market of cars isVERY expensive. Some people may think we get a profit of 50%, but reality isthat we ship for free worldwide, and our margin with each kit sold is less than$20. It takes more than 5 hours to boult each kit!!!"
That's outrageous. File a chargeback with your credit card company.
I just looked at their "alleged" photos on their website. They look nothing like the item you receive in terms of the finish. The text is sharp and crisp. On yours, the paint bleeds into the white fan. On the website, the paint surface looks smooth. On yours the paint surface looks very irregular.

Last edited by gasongasoff; 03-25-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:44 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Are you on rennlist? You should crosspost this over there too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clima repair #crap