997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installing PSS9, What else should be replaced when installing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 05:39 PM
911nitis will become famous soon enough
Installing PSS9, What else should be replaced when installing

Installing new PSS9 onto my 997.1 Carrera C2. While installing these new CO, any suggestions of what should be replaced? Thanks!

Old 05-17-2017, 12:15 PM
Wow, getting crickets on this post? Just nothing to replace while swapping out the shocks?

Old 05-20-2017, 09:10 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I suppose that your installer would inspect all the rubber suspension components and see if anything else warrants replacement. If you plan on lowering the car you'll need new drop links and maybe a set of adjustable Lower Control Arms.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
How many miles are on the other components? As Hella-Buggin' said, if you're having a shop do it; they should have gone through your whole suspension (control arms, bushings, tie rods, etc...) to see their condition. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-25-2017, 10:52 AM
Lyn
Lyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud of
We replaced the upper strut bearings and the lower attach hardware on my 997C2 when we put a PSS9 kit on it last month. We used the GT3 spec for ride height and it dropped the front and rear by almost 1". I'm running 19 X 11 BBS CHRs on the back so we couldn't go lower without rub. We set the firmness at 4 and the ride is firm, but not as choppy as the stock shocks were with the 19s.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lyn
We replaced the upper strut bearings and the lower attach hardware on my 997C2 when we put a PSS9 kit on it last month. We used the GT3 spec for ride height and it dropped the front and rear by almost 1". I'm running 19 X 11 BBS CHRs on the back so we couldn't go lower without rub. We set the firmness at 4 and the ride is firm, but not as choppy as the stock shocks were with the 19s.
Lyn: how you liking the pss9? I had them initially put the ride at 4 after reading so many post on the 4 setting being great, but my car was almost un-drivalble here in L.A.

Im having issues of it riding way to harsh on the 9 (softest setting). Its very choppy and Im bouncing all over the place. Im going to contact Bilstein tomorrow to see what they say. If this is how the ride is going to be then Ill be putting back the stock shocks. I must say though, the car looks great with the new height.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I suppose that your installer would inspect all the rubber suspension components and see if anything else warrants replacement. If you plan on lowering the car you'll need new drop links and maybe a set of adjustable Lower Control Arms.
Had the suspension installed at Wheel Enhancement. Taking it to my indie shop to make sure everything is ok.

Last edited by 911nitis; 06-07-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lyn
Interesting, Im finding the ride very firm and choppy. I have the at 4 and 6 rears and almost undrivable bouncing up and down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.