997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Issues with Fidelity Platinum Warranty Claim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 01:28 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Issues with Fidelity Platinum Warranty Claim

The PCM on my 09 997.2 37K miles has been acting at random times - going into a reboot cycle over and over while driving, where it turns off and on over and over repeatedly.

In September Porsche of Fremont had the Fidelity adjuster come out and unfortunately they couldn’t replicate the issue, and hence denied the claim.

Over the weekend, the issues occurred long enough during my 1.5 drive that I was able to record the PCM rebooting over and over so I’m taking my car back to Fremont and hopefully Fidelity can review the videos I recorded from my phone to validate the issue.

If this evidence of the problem recorded on video doesn’t validate for Fidelity I don’t know what would be... that being said I’m hopeful it would suffice and they would replace the PCM unit since it’s obviously dying.

now in the event they decline again , is there an escalation / dispute process at Fildelity to get this fixed?

thanks for your feedback ..

Old 12-11-2018, 10:25 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vg247
The PCM on my 09 997.2 37K miles has been acting at random times - going into a reboot cycle over and over while driving, where it turns off and on over and over repeatedly.

In September Porsche of Fremont had the Fidelity adjuster come out and unfortunately they couldn’t replicate the issue, and hence denied the claim.

Over the weekend, the issues occurred long enough during my 1.5 drive that I was able to record the PCM rebooting over and over so I’m taking my car back to Fremont and hopefully Fidelity can review the videos I recorded from my phone to validate the issue.

If this evidence of the problem recorded on video doesn’t validate for Fidelity I don’t know what would be... that being said I’m hopeful it would suffice and they would replace the PCM unit since it’s obviously dying.

now in the event they decline again , is there an escalation / dispute process at Fildelity to get this fixed?

thanks for your feedback ..

I've had several Fidelity policies over the years and always found them reasonable to deal with. If they decline again despite your proof, make them put in writing why they refuse the claim and go from there. The Fidelity guys that come to the dealerships or wherever your car is don't necessarily have the last and final word on what they will cover and what will not be covered.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:27 PM
Thanks so much, this is very reassuring to know and to keep in mind if they decline again despite my proof.

Your posts, feedback and knowledge have always been very very helpful to me and I am grateful you chimed in here.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I've had several Fidelity policies over the years and always found them reasonable to deal with. If they decline again despite your proof, make them put in writing why they refuse the claim and go from there. The Fidelity guys that come to the dealerships or wherever your car is don't necessarily have the last and final word on what they will cover and what will not be covered.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:18 AM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
What does it cost to have a pcm replaced? And, can a pcm 3.0 be replaced with a 3.1?

Old 12-13-2018, 04:06 PM
CMC
CMC is on a distinguished road
Fidelity replaced my PCM when I captured a video of the problem with my phone. No issues as long as they can see the problem occur.

i believe it costs around $6,000 for a new PCM if I recall correctly. Warranty definitely paid off!

Old 12-13-2018, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info, hopefully I will have the same outcome

Originally Posted by CMC
Fidelity replaced my PCM when I captured a video of the problem with my phone. No issues as long as they can see the problem occur.

i believe it costs around $6,000 for a new PCM if I recall correctly. Warranty definitely paid off!