997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

5mm wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:45 PM
xeron is on a distinguished road
5mm wheel spacers

Anyone know where these are located exactly and what their purpose is?

Thanks

Old 05-12-2007, 05:05 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Originally Posted by xeron
Anyone know where these are located exactly and what their purpose is?

Thanks
They are supposed to give the car a wider look...now...I don't remember if they should be put between the brake disc and the wheel or between the brake disc and the rear axle ( If it's called that way )

( feel free to deny what I said, I'm hear to learn )

Last edited by pilone; 05-12-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:10 PM
frafoss is on a distinguished road
They are are to be put between the brake disc and the wheel. Remember to order longer bolts.

Depending of the wheels, but you should have min 7 mm spacer if you decide.
I have the 19" classic wheels, and after lowering I guess I need about 11 in front and 15 at rear to get the GT3 look.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:16 PM
MichaelL will become famous soon enoughMichaelL will become famous soon enough
When re-installing the wheels, be careful to torque the bolts to 96 foot-pounds. Wheel bolt tightness is critical with spacers & longer bolts.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:55 PM
xeron is on a distinguished road
5mm

I ordered it as an option, but the fools at the dealership ordered the wrong wheels. Since they will be changing the wheels out when the car arrives, I want to make sure that they don't remove the spacers. I essentially need to know what they look like and where they would be so I can be certain they dont screw uo anything.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:36 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
They look like metal donuts with holes for the lugs.

http://www.drivewire.com/performance...eelspacer.html

Cool color combo BTW......

Old 05-13-2007, 06:09 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xeron
I ordered it as an option, but the fools at the dealership ordered the wrong wheels. Since they will be changing the wheels out when the car arrives, I want to make sure that they don't remove the spacers. I essentially need to know what they look like and where they would be so I can be certain they dont screw uo anything.
Here's the Posche 5mm kit:

Old 05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
what is the opinion of this option? is it just looks or actually a good option to get. i do not see a lot of people get it. just wondering.

raja

Old 05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
what is the opinion of this option? is it just looks or actually a good option to get. i do not see a lot of people get it. just wondering.

raja
Those spacers only for look, specially on 5mm you don't know that much different. Also it's not good if you do alot of tracking, daly driving is ok!.
That's what my dealer/mechanic told me.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ty328
Those spacers only for look, specially on 5mm you don't know that much different. Also it's not good if you do alot of tracking, daly driving is ok!.
That's what my dealer/mechanic told me.
As long as you do the longer bolts there should be no issue. I know people who track their M3's and such with spacers with no issues at all. As with everything in life, moderation is the key as far as the size of the spacer.

Dave

Old 05-20-2007, 11:42 PM
barthu is on a distinguished road
Frasfoss - Do you have pictures post your setup outlined above? I will be lowering my 997s with PSS's and would like to push out the wheels with spacers. I'd be very interested to learn what thickness of spacers you used and what look you ended up with.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by barthu
Frasfoss - Do you have pictures post your setup outlined above? I will be lowering my 997s with PSS's and would like to push out the wheels with spacers. I'd be very interested to learn what thickness of spacers you used and what look you ended up with.
Good picutres of 5mm spacers here http://coochas.com/porsche/

Old 05-24-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm out travelling now, but I will try to post some pictures in next week. I have recently changed the wheel alignments to the GT3 setup and it offers a great improvent on track with no drawbacks on street. I have been using this setup for a week on Nürburgring with great sucsess. I can really recommend this setup.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:57 PM
barthu is on a distinguished road
I am curious to learn what you mean by GT3 setup. Beyond lowering your car, does this mean a different camber setup/etc.?

Old 05-24-2007, 03:48 PM
You are correct. That means different camebers, toe in, caster and the settings are much more accurate than standard.

Check these links for more info and difference to the standard setup.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ight=alignment

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...9&hl=alignment

I am curious to learn what you mean by GT3 setup. Beyond lowering your car, does this mean a different camber setup/etc.?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5mm wheel spacers