997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need help with some wheels--cant figure out what to pick

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:26 PM
wizo is on a distinguished road
Need help with some wheels--cant figure out what to pick

Man since I cannot find any used ones right now that I can use or like, I was looking for the experience of your inputs to aid with my decisions.

First of all--I really cannot decide on size. I love the fact of keeping the factory specs and keeping ride quality to the maximum but everytime I see a car with 20" wheels i tend to drool. Hence this photo

I think that looks crazy. But I am not sure of the ride quality. I found some other wheels that I was curious about that are 3 piece reversed lip-made by Jline
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p.../33707/image/0

I also love the Iforged swift wheel and senaks. I want to make sure I get a good wheel-quality wheel and since this would be my first porshce .

Also the budget is not endless, so feedback would have that in mind too. Thanks guys. I have been checking out all the different wheels people have used on their cars also through the search feature.

Wizo

Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
raffi will become famous soon enough
i really like the new one piece oz's, also the neez wheels look good and so do the new 1 piece hre's. there are a bunch of pics here in recent posts.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
neez would looks great, and not many have them...stick with 19s though.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:18 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Wizo. I'm probably going to sell my 20" Avus'. They're perfect. Just a thought. I'd sell 'em half of what I paid for them.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=10206080

If the link doesn't work, please let me know. I'm curious as whether or not Myspace can be used.

Last edited by blakt out; 08-09-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:13 PM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
I have the 19" Iforged Senekas.. 19's are the way to go, if you want the best performance. If you order them new get prepared to wait 3 months before they ship them to you. Also make SURE whatever wheels you get you get the tpms adapters. Good luck

Old 08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
$rouji is on a distinguished road
what are the tpms adapters?

$rouji

Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 AM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by $rouji
what are the tpms adapters?

$rouji
TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR Adapters. They are little mounts inside the wheels that the sensors attach to so they still function. Some shops try to band the sensors which means they take the sensor and place it on the wheel and wrap a steel band around it to hold it in place. The problem is that with all the movement and road vibrations they tend to come loose on Porsche especially.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:05 AM
$rouji is on a distinguished road
OK thanks man!!! I just in search of wheels and this info is great to know!!!

$rouji

Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
nomo16 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jreeves197
TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR Adapters. They are little mounts inside the wheels that the sensors attach to so they still function. Some shops try to band the sensors which means they take the sensor and place it on the wheel and wrap a steel band around it to hold it in place. The problem is that with all the movement and road vibrations they tend to come loose on Porsche especially.
Are the TPMS adapters applicable to all wheels, or only if the manufacturer makes them. Are they as good as on the stock TPMS rims. Was told that only HRE C's and Champions were designed to allow TPMS to be installed, and function, like on stock rims. At least that is what I interpretted.

Any one have any input?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 AM
They should be available for most aftermarket wheels. Some wheels are made like the manufacturer and some need the adapter. you just need to ask the people you buy your wheels from and you'll be fine.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:44 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
HRE C20 in 19" FTMFW

Old 09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
firas_997 is on a distinguished road
Monoblock TechArt formula wheels 19 inch is the perfect wheels in quality , style , and size .

Old 09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
wizo is on a distinguished road
Hre C20's are my first choice but the wheels i got--Rennworkx wheels surely have me smilling ear to ear.. Talk about a great 3 piece wheel that need about no weights and look and feel great!!

Not to mention these dang wheels are lighter than most wheels I have ever lifted!!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:04 PM
lsbe36 is on a distinguished road
Go 20's, 19's look small on 997's!

DPE S20's

19" DPE R07VS

Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 AM
dmoney will become famous soon enough
I was considering those J-Lines at one time, same ones your looking at but passed hard on those after a couple days, I finally ending up with 20 inch DPE S-15's, but you should look at those new DPE's that just came out they are called S-7's those are hot or DPE S20's or Volk TE-37's or Sevas R-22's or Rinspeed C5/1's or O.Z. HLT Ultralegera or Maya MRS or HRE 591R's, those are some of my favorites, but def get the 20's and a flat lip and YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY, yeah the ride is a little harder and less unsure but worth the overall feeling if your not tracking the car. good luck making a decision is a total, total *****.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help with some wheels--cant figure out what to pick