American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

CTS-V Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
10th03cobra is my hero!!!
hj16 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tr1ple6
That is one ugly looking car
Agreed. I have never liked the front end of the new V. Its a shame because of the all world performance the car delivers.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
I think this is the first time I like the 4-door a lot, and don't like the 2-door....

Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Did GM bring back the team that designed the Aztec for this project?

Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Cadillac has just stepped up it's game the CTS-V's handle, brake and accelerate as well if not better then its competition across the pond.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
I dig the idea, but I prefer my V sedan over the 2-door. The rear quarters have too much surface area for me, like it is missing a body line or something back there. Should be a killer performer though, just like the sedan.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
No Name will become famous soon enoughNo Name will become famous soon enough
I personally think Cadillac needs to retire their stylists. The angular look they keep pushing is generally unattractive (IMO). I agree with 9ball regarding this cars appearance. Transformerish is pretty accurate. The front also reminds me of one of those stupid ricer body kits. You know, the ones with the big angular guppy mouth... The back is too high, but I think the camera angle in that third picture exaggerates it. Overall, this is yet another Cadillac/GM styling failure IMO. Why can't they produce more nice looking vehicles??? I love the LSx engines and power-trains, but looks are huge in this market and GM has once again missed the mark on this one.

Performance: A
Appearance: C+ (at best)

Old 01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by No Name
I personally think Cadillac needs to retire their stylists. The angular look they keep pushing is generally unattractive (IMO). I agree with 9ball regarding this cars appearance. Transformerish is pretty accurate. The front also reminds me of one of those stupid ricer body kits. You know, the ones with the big angular guppy mouth... The back is too high, but I think the camera angle in that third picture exaggerates it. Overall, this is yet another Cadillac/GM styling failure IMO. Why can't they produce more nice looking vehicles??? I love the LSx engines and power-trains, but looks are huge in this market and GM has once again missed the mark on this one.

Performance: A
Appearance: C+ (at best)
While the back is a miss, I think the front is nice. The CTS-V sedan is one sick looking car.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Lord T has a spectacular aura aboutLord T has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tr1ple6
I got it the first time, thanks You can't seriously think that this car will be nearly as good as its European equivolent?

Let's see what is the CTS-V's European Equivalent:

BMW M6
Price: $102,350
Engine: 5.0L V-10
Power: 500hp/383 ft lb
Weight: 3,770

Audi S5
Price: $52,400
Engine: 4.2L V-8
Power: 354hp/325 ft lb
Weight: 3,985 lbs(tiptronic), 3,858 lbs (manual)

Mercedes E-Class Coupe (no AMG version yet)
Price: $54,640
Engine: 5.5L V-8
Power: 382hp/391 lb ft
Weight: 3,783 lbs

That is just a few. I think it's safe to say that it stacks up to the competition nicely
Originally Posted by CURI0
Seriously, this type of car is what GM was lacking. Can't wait to see how it stacks up. If it is anything like the sedan it will be more than a match for the competition.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by -FROG-
Love the center rear exhaust!
Me too!

Old 01-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Did GM bring back the team that designed the Aztec for this project?
Nah, Porsche still hasn't given them back after their work on the Panamera

Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks great.
Too many cars out there feature the cookie-cutter philosophy of design....just stamp what works for the masses and keep producing and reproducing similar themes. The entire Caddy Art and Science theme was a delightful change for me. Something different. Something away from cookie cutter. I had the same feelings for the Bangle BImmer designs.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 AM
mfm3 is on a distinguished road
It would look better 1" lower. Wonder if you can lower a car with magnetic ride control...?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Love that center exhaust.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:40 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CURI0
Nah, Porsche still hasn't given them back after their work on the Panamera
I don't get that one because the Aztek team is known for their angular and sharp edge designs (and we know that Megatron is the basis for all designs)...last I looked non-of those on the Pan. Either way, I agree Pan is not good looking either...thats why I didn't buy one.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:39 PM
flyinbrian has a spectacular aura aboutflyinbrian has a spectacular aura about
Love the engine, ok with the front, hate the back and looks like the exhaust was stolen directly from the SRT8 Jeep.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by flyinbrian
looks like the exhaust was stolen directly from the SRT8 Jeep.
Many cars have had center exhaust before that Jeep though....

Either way, I think the exhaust looks good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Coupe