American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 - ProCharged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Wrxified has a spectacular aura aboutWrxified has a spectacular aura about
2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 - ProCharged

Hey there. First time poster. Great forum here. I've read some of the posts and really enjoy some of the content people have been sharing.

I've been working on a project of my own since last October. It's unending like a lot of projects. Some might have a hard time categorizing my car as muscle and I get that. Others might also ask why not just get a GT. I get that as well. Simple answer, because I enjoy the hobby of tinkering on cars in general and if I started much larger I'd be sitting on the sidelines just enjoying a stock car vs doing what I love.

Finally in the 12's with my quarter mile. Racing slicks show up Wednesday and I hope to push it further. Future plans include a set of Borla XR-1 racing headers, Snow Performance Stage 3 methanol kit, another 2psi of boost and a final dyno tune. I'd love to someday push it into the 11's.

Here are some from the spring. This was before the ProCharger went on. I think I took these after installing the suspension.

Here is my flickr gallery. Lots of various pics there.

Here is my YouTube Channel.

Performance
  • Procharger SC Kit - 8 psi, Helical Gear
  • Shaftmasters 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
  • Borla X-Pipe
  • Borla Atak Catback
  • Barton Short Shifter w/Bracket
  • SCT Tuner - Procharger Tuned
  • Ford Racing 3.73 Rear Gear
  • JPC 3.7 Line Lock Kit
Suspension
  • Koni Sport STR.T's
  • Steeda Sport Springs
  • GT500 Upper Mounts
  • Ford Racing 19" Track Pack Wheels
  • J&M Extreme Joint Rear Lower Control Arms
  • JPC Upper Control Arm
Exterior
  • Roush Front Fascia w/Fog Lights
  • V6Mustangstuff.com Fog Light Harness and Switch
  • GT grille surround
  • Roush Upper Billet Grille
  • Roush Lower Billet Grille
  • Roush Front Lower Air Splitter
  • Roush Side Splitters
  • Roush Rear Valence
  • Roush Window Louvers
  • Roush Rear Wing
  • Llumar Tint 50%
  • Ford Rear Blackout Panel
  • Shelby - Powered by Ford Badges
  • DG Custom Hood Struts
  • 3M Clear Bra
Interior & Audio
  • Roush Doorsills
  • Roush Shift ****
  • Roush Vent Gauge Pod
  • Roush Boost Gauge
  • Weathertech Mats
  • Grant Roush Steering Wheel
  • TMW Shifter Extension
  • Shelby Kicker Audio System

Last edited by Wrxified; 07-26-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
V - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of lightV - 996tt is a glorious beacon of light
I like it. Very nice man.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM
theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !
great looking car... by why didn't you just buy a V8 if you are going to spend all this money and end with similar performance?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:08 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by theblue
great looking car... by why didn't you just buy a V8 if you are going to spend all this money and end with similar performance?
"Others might also ask why not just get a GT. I get that as well. Simple answer, because I enjoy the hobby of tinkering on cars in general and if I started much larger I'd be sitting on the sidelines just enjoying a stock car vs doing what I love."

Congrats, clean looking Mustang. Regarless of the powerplant its something different and that's cool in my book. Enjoy it.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:09 PM
BLOWNGTO is on a distinguished road
LOOKS GOOD MAN! Enjoy it

Old 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by theblue
I hear you. I tried to touch on that a little in my post. Don't get me wrong. If from day one I could've had the 5.0L for the same price I'd have been a sucker to not go with the 5.0L. Even money I'd take the V8 any day of the week but I had a lot of money left to play with doing it this route.

I also picked up some other benefits like the Premium Package with leather, SYNC and sport cluster plus the Performance Package. Also I have the V6 insurance premium and have been getting 25-26 mpg. The centrifugal ProCharger head unit builds boost higher in the rpms and acts like a standard V6 just bopping around town if I'm not hammering on it. But when I step on it I'm laying down 430 hp at the wheels.

It's a fun compromise. Also it's really fun taking it to car shows. People look at it and almost walk by then do a crazy double take when they see it's a V6. It has a fun story to tell and it's assembled as is with my own sweat.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by V - 996tt
I like it. Very nice man.
Originally Posted by iJeremy
"Others might also ask why not just get a GT. I get that as well. Simple answer, because I enjoy the hobby of tinkering on cars in general and if I started much larger I'd be sitting on the sidelines just enjoying a stock car vs doing what I love."

Congrats, clean looking Mustang. Regarless of the powerplant its something different and that's cool in my book. Enjoy it.
Originally Posted by BLOWNGTO
LOOKS GOOD MAN! Enjoy it
Thank you guys. This forum is awesome. A fresh take on people with a passion for the auto sports hobby as a whole. You get on some of the specialized forums dedicated solely to one platform and the ideas can get a little stale.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:02 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Very nice looking vehicle, I suspect you are only a set of drag radials and a 4.10 gear from running in the 11's. BTW, what kind of mph are you pulling through the traps?

Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice work you've done with the car.

Although could'a should'a would'a

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-results.html

Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by ORYX
Very nice looking vehicle, I suspect you are only a set of drag radials and a 4.10 gear from running in the 11's. BTW, what kind of mph are you pulling through the traps?
Best I've hit is 12.94 @ 109mph. My buddy with the same setup + drag radials and headers is running 12.58 @ 113 mph. I'm probably going to stay with the 3.73's for now. The gears are a bit different than the older Mustangs. This 3.73 is really close to what a 4:10 was equal to on prior generations. I'm redlining up to 7k rpms and I'm at 35 mph.

I'd like to see how the methanol spray effects my times with headers. I'd be thrilled to hit 11's and keep some of the daily driver feel to it.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by RFFG
Nice work you've done with the car.

Although could'a should'a would'a

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-results.html
Yeah I saw that this afternoon. That car is insane.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Car looks great and runs the same!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by NastyGT500
Very nice! Car looks great and runs the same!
Thank you sir. How you liking the GT500? Any pics?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Very welcome! Love the GT500! What a fun car! Yeah, pics are in this subforum...think you found them...I see a reply from ya!

See ya!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:36 PM
TheCPE is on a distinguished road
Very nice looking, like the grill and front fascia! Looks like CS wheels, they work well!