American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My 16 yr old stock truck that gives C6 Z06's fits...

Old 07-18-2007, 08:57 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!

My Uncle still drives the one he got new (used to be a GM dealer) to this day....and it was the first 'boosted' car ive ever riden in/driven and i still love it!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
I call a big BS on the Z06

That said, I absolutely love these trucks...my brother had a syclone back in the day...till he wrecked it
I agree. There ain't a chance that truck is running neck and neck with a C6Z. Then get it on a track where you have to turn.......bye bye.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:05 AM
TTony will become famous soon enoughTTony will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I agree. There ain't a chance that truck is running neck and neck with a C6Z. Then get it on a track where you have to turn.......bye bye.
I'll run you anytime on the street and guarantee I'll pull you out of the hole with those tires you're wearing. You'll pass me about 45-55mph if you launch well. Of course that's only a few seconds into the race but you'll be playing catch up to start with.

I would never expect to pull from a roll regardless of what speed the roll is from. The Sy's strength is the 1.7 sec 60' times with street tires.

Get it on a track with turns? That's not what I bought this truck for and would never claim it is a track car (truck). There have been several Sy's that have done the 1lap with very good results but they were highly modded.

I'm comparing street legal speeds of these two cars and they are nearly identical from a stoplight to any legal speed limit outside of Germany. No need to feel threatened, the C6Z06 is definitely a much better car. I worked on the engine management system design on it and know quite a bit about them (and the MY09-MY10 models as well).

FYI, the Syclone uses C4 Corvette pistons, a Corvette tranny, Corvette shift ****, Corvette throttle body and the AWD system from... a Chevy Astrovan, LOL. It's what happened when you gave an engineer free reign with the 1991 GM parts bins. It was rated at 280hp/360tq from the factory but most people agree it was underrated due to GM not wanting to eclipse the base Corvette of that year.

I'll give you the track win but how about we race in the rain? I'll bet there would be some different results...

Then you'll get to see more of this...

Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 AM
saintv90 is on a distinguished road
If your ever in Wisconsin...I'll race you!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by saintv90
If your ever in Wisconsin...I'll race you!
I'll be up there in a few months and you're on!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
I remember getting destroyed by one of these when they first came out. I knew that would be the outcome but I had to race him nonetheless. (I was in a 300ZX Turbo)

Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 PM
saintv90 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TTony
I'll be up there in a few months and you're on!

haha! A few months and it'll look like this!
The Z doesn't get driven in the winter. She sits comfortably in the garage with her friends. But i'll let you look at her.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:34 PM
SG333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re:

The Z has tall gears (goes 62mph in first) and ****ty stock tires. I'm sure the cyclone can probably beat it for about a tenth of a mile, but once the Z shifts into 2nd....its over.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by saintv90
haha! A few months and it'll look like this!
The Z doesn't get driven in the winter. She sits comfortably in the garage with her friends. But i'll let you look at her.
Thanks for the offer, I try to stay out of the North that time of year though! I will get a ride in the Blue Devil by the end of the year.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:56 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTony
Here is what under $1000 in mods gets you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxn6wIkaiU
I love those trucks! The one in the second vid would give my e55 a good run from 0-100. around 9 sec. You can bruise a lot of egos in those things.

If I ever find a way to upload a video, I'll put one up from the driver's view of my wifes 1980 VW Cab Callaway Turbo. It's watching the speedo move from 50-100. Total sleeper!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
What do they 60' stock? 1.6 and you will get about 70ft on me in a bone stock GTS... on the street, on street tires. If i'm on DR's you'll be SOL in half that distance.

If you get someone who knows how to drive that C6Z it will tear you apart in every conceivable way. I've seen more Vipers and Z06's run 13's than I have seen them run 11's... it's not the cars fault. Watch out for the guy who can drive, he will be a huge reality check.

I'm sorry but comparing a truck that runs 13.1 @ 98 to a car that will go 11's @ 125 is just foolish.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:15 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
i know the syclone launches hard, i've driven plenty...but i've also launched a Z06, car hooks and goes

Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 AM
WTRacing has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Got a chance to drive a guy's Syclone here locally a year or so back, was shocked at the offer to drive so didnt waste anytime, he was running mid to high 10's I believe, I didnt launch it at it "full potential" he said but the bit I did made me a lil dizzy it pulled so hard (not used to launches of that sort)

VERY VERY sweet trucks, Ive always wanted to drop a newer style S10 body on a syclone chasis.. sleeper

Old 07-23-2007, 06:26 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice sy...

I love those trucks

Old 07-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by L8Apex
I love those trucks! The one in the second vid would give my e55 a good run from 0-100. around 9 sec. You can bruise a lot of egos in those things.

If I ever find a way to upload a video, I'll put one up from the driver's view of my wifes 1980 VW Cab Callaway Turbo. It's watching the speedo move from 50-100. Total sleeper!
Here's the only Sy vs 03+ E55 video I could find:

http://www.v-blok.com/11.95@112.wmv

Of course this Sy is modded with ~$1k in mods (intake, exhaust, chip, dp, injectors). You can see the traction control seriously hampers the E55 off the line. From the angle it was filmed, it looks like the Sy was racing by himself for a while.

A 1980 VW Cab? LOL, now THAT is a sleeper. I remember a magazine that modded one a while back and the two mechanics went out street racing. They said they were laughed at more than anything else... until the light turned green. If I run across that article again, I'll scan it and send it to you.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 16 yr old stock truck that gives C6 Z06's fits...