American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My 16 yr old stock truck that gives C6 Z06's fits...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 AM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
i really dont understand why you and vicious are so threatened by this thread. i know several Z owners and they dont act like this. you both should re-read this thread, the original poster was not trying to talk down to Z owners he simply stated an isolated experience. actually, he repeatedly stated how much faster and better Z's are in comparison to his truck. if you are a car lover you should be able to respect a 16 year old truck that can run anywhere near your modern Z's.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Threatened? For the record I don't have a Z.... but the point is he beat the driver, not the car. And for him to continually state how he would smoke me, this and that.

I can run with a 750 sport bike... why would I bother with an S10? seriously.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:28 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Cool truck(s). Did you know a z06 beat a 997 Gt3 on the track?

Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IIVVX
i really dont understand why you and vicious are so threatened by this thread. i know several Z owners and they dont act like this. you both should re-read this thread, the original poster was not trying to talk down to Z owners he simply stated an isolated experience. actually, he repeatedly stated how much faster and better Z's are in comparison to his truck. if you are a car lover you should be able to respect a 16 year old truck that can run anywhere near your modern Z's.
Perhaps you should re-read the thread title>>>>My 16 yr old stock truck that gives C6 Z06's fits...

Now, if the title would have said "My 16 year old truck that gives 911 GT2's fits"....who do you think would have chimed in? ding ding ding...yes, 911 GT2 owners.

I'm not theatened in the least by a 16 year old p/u. I think its just outlandish to compare it to a modern day performance car. Now, If the OP just wanted to showcase his p/u (and well he should...it looks like a nice truck) he would not have said what he said in the title. All that does is solicit the responses that have been posted.

I'm done with this idiocy. I have a guy in a 1932 panel truck that wants to race me from my mailbox to my neighbor's mailbox.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
well, maybe because i dont own one i didnt take it as an affront to Z owners. i can see where you are coming from.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IIVVX
well, maybe because i dont own one i didnt take it as an affront to Z owners. i can see where you are coming from.
It's fine man. Perhaps us Z owners jump too quickly to debate stuff like this too. I guess it may be because everyone seems to compare their (XXXXX insert car type here XXXXX) to the Z06 these days. I'm a car guy and do appreciate all types of vehicles regardless of badge on the hood. I'm also one that doesn't think the Z06 is the "worlds best car" like some Z owners do.

Cheers.

Last edited by amerlemans; 07-26-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:28 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TTony
I actually don't feel comfortable driving this brick at speeds over that. I think it's speed limited at 115mph anyway. I'm just playing devils advocate here. I should change the title of the thread to "16 yr old stock truck owner that is giving Z06 owners fits on the bulletin boards". Seriously, I love the Z06. For the money it can't be beat as an all around performer. Of course, for the money you can get 5 Syclones.
You drag race on public streets. You're cool.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by AlgaeHater

Old 07-28-2007, 08:02 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
You own a bunch of high performance cars and you are saying you've never one time opened one up on a public road? Your a liar if you say you havn't.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:54 PM
TTony will become famous soon enoughTTony will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your input, come back when you have something valuable to add.

BTW, I designed the half-shafts and driveshaft on your ML350. I also set up the manufacturing processes to produce them.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Perhaps you should re-read the thread title>>>>My 16 yr old stock truck that gives C6 Z06's fits...

Now, if the title would have said "My 16 year old truck that gives 911 GT2's fits"....who do you think would have chimed in? ding ding ding...yes, 911 GT2 owners.

I'm not theatened in the least by a 16 year old p/u. I think its just outlandish to compare it to a modern day performance car. Now, If the OP just wanted to showcase his p/u (and well he should...it looks like a nice truck) he would not have said what he said in the title. All that does is solicit the responses that have been posted.

I'm done with this idiocy. I have a guy in a 1932 panel truck that wants to race me from my mailbox to my neighbor's mailbox.
LOL, it's not like I went out and looked for a Z06 to race. I've worked on the fuel systems design/manufacturing on the C6Z06 (and the next gen) and know very well what they are capable of. I was very surprised at how well my truck did when matched up against one from a stoplight on a normal street and came on here to post it.

My final point being:

On the street, stock vs. stock, there is virtually no difference between these two vehicles in acceleration from zero to any posted speed limit (outside of Germany).

Old 07-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Guys... how about we try and not attack one another, and keep this thread on topic without all the childish responses.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:28 AM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tblackj
You own a bunch of high performance cars and you are saying you've never one time opened one up on a public road? Your a liar if you say you havn't.
Read TTony's original post: "At least stoplight to stoplight... "

Yes, I drive fast on the highways, but I don't drag race from "stoplight to stoplight" which would imply racing on on arterial roads. The former is having fun at a reasonable level of risk, the latter is stupidity.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes, I drive fast on the highways, but I don't drag race from "stoplight to stoplight" which would imply racing on on arterial roads. The former is having fun at a reasonable level of risk, the latter is stupidity.
That is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read on an automotive bulletin board. Wow.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Ritesh will become famous soon enough
Hey TTony. Nice Cyclone. Post some pics on the prime.

NSXLuvr

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 16 yr old stock truck that gives C6 Z06's fits...