American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My 16 yr old stock truck that gives C6 Z06's fits...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:13 PM
TTony will become famous soon enoughTTony will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Vicious
If you get someone who knows how to drive that C6Z it will tear you apart in every conceivable way. I've seen more Vipers and Z06's run 13's than I have seen them run 11's... it's not the cars fault. Watch out for the guy who can drive, he will be a huge reality check.
I guess I was the one who gave the reality check on that day...

99% of the time, a car that runs 11's on the track will NOT be running 11's on the street. Pavement conditions, tire pressures, warming the tires, etc. You may be the exception and can launch near perfect all the time with 500+hp and a stick shift. Not me. I used to daily drive a 501rwhp 300ZXTT with 285's on the back and would have traction issues up to 80-90mph.

What a Sy runs on the track it will run on the street. Just brake boost to 3500rpm (close to redline for a Sy, LOL) and release the brake when it turns green. Same launch everytime. Unless modded, it will just go and it will not spin the tires. There's a great view of a Sy brake boost launching about 1:15 into this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5UIaFZxIhg. The Sy stands up before launching, then it's like a slingshot. It will run with Vipers and Z06's all day long from stoplight to stoplight. That's what it was made for, quickest production truck to 60mph ever. AFAIK it still holds that title 16 years later.

With that said, I would not even think about running a Viper or Z06 on a road course and would need a fair amount of mods before thinking about taking one in a race where speeds exceed 100mph (i.e. 1/4 mile). They really shine on the track but you just can't use 100% of their power on the streets. I may get one for the weekend/track car one day.

I typically don't run above 70-80 mph most of the time anyway due to road conditions and traffic around here. For how I drive, the Sy is near perfect for me. Much better on the street than the high hp 300ZXTT I sold to get it. Heck, up until running with the Z06 I haven't really didn't have the urge to modify the Sy. Now I do!

Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
285's on a peaky 350 is nothing like 345's on the back of a torque monster V8 or V10. Guys have gone 10's in a stock Z06 with drag radials and very close to that in a similar viper.

Like I said, you would probably get 60-70ft on me, but it would quickly get ugly. Doing 60 in 1st gear and high 90's in 2nd has some advantages as well. Don't get too cocky, a good driver will crack you like you were a backtalking prostitute.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:04 AM
285's on a peaky 350 is nothing like 345's on the back of a torque monster V8 or V10. Guys have gone 10's in a stock Z06 with drag radials and very close to that in a similar viper.

Like I said, you would probably get 60-70ft on me, but it would quickly get ugly. Doing 60 in 1st gear and high 90's in 2nd has some advantages as well. Don't get too cocky, a good driver will crack you like you were a backtalking prostitute.
Guys go 10's in 300's with 285 DR's also. I'm well aware of a Z06's capabilities as I have designed part of its fuel delivery system and helped establish those capabilities, particularly from a NVH standpoint.

Don't get cocky thinking your car that can run 10's on a dragstrip with drag radials will do the same thing on the street with stock tires. It won't. I also know if the race is going to get above 75mph or so, it's going to get really ugly for the Sy. But if there's rain or colder weather like you find in the real world, it could very easily get ugly for the Z06 or Viper. The backtalking prostitute will ***** slap her pimp.

If the street race is only 1/8 mile or so, it will be pretty even. A car length or 2 in either direction. And that's pretty impressive for a 16 year old truck. It's also the reason I searched for 4 months to find a decent one to use as a daily driver.

This is a fun internet bench racing comparison, for the cost of two Z06 or Viper drag radials I could go 0-60 in the mid-low 3's also. It would be very difficult for you to win a traction contest as I could put on 4 drag radials and have all the traction I could want. 345's also fit on the back of a Sy without any problems...

To sum it up... stock vs stock, the Syclone can hang with almost any car from a dead stop to street legal speeds. It will beat most of them and it won't be embarassed by any of them. It's also not a Z06 or a Viper, it's an S10/S15 pickup truck.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't matter who is fastest off the line... it's who crosses the finish line first. And you letting off as he was coming up fast doesn't mean you won, it means your truck ran out of steam or you ran out of room. But it definitely isn't a kill.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by tblackj
It doesn't matter who is fastest off the line... it's who crosses the finish line first. And you letting off as he was coming up fast doesn't mean you won, it means your truck ran out of steam or you ran out of room. But it definitely isn't a kill.
Sounds like the infamous "GM flyby" from Supraforums.

I guess the car with the higher trap speed should decide when the race ends.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTony

No but racing for 120ft is GAY.

Needless to say I wouldn't waste my time with some ******y pickup truck anyway.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute

I was in a hurry this morning and didn't have a chance to write more... but now I'm at work and don't have crap to do so here goes.

A very good friend of mine has a Syclone. Very sweet truck and I respect the hell out of it. His is highly modded with bigger turbo, etc. Only vehicle I've ever seen do a legit four wheel burnout. Like I said, I love it. When it was still basically stock he and I raced a few times. I ran him in my old C6 Z51 with some MTI mods and was on factory street tires. It was putting down a little over 400rwhp on a Dynojet. Everytime we would race, he would let off at around 100mph and say he won. It got to be a joke. If you only run to 100mph then you shouldn't be racing in the first place.

Of course an AWD car is going to get the jump when running from a dig. It's AWD, it's supposed to. This same guy, would get his *** handed to him when we would race from a 30mph roll. It's all about aerodynamics at that stage and he was basically driving a brick. We havn't run since he has done all the work to his truck but I know at this stage he would hand me my *** on a plate... it's just ridiculously fast now.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by tblackj
If you only run to 100mph then you shouldn't be racing in the first place.
I actually don't feel comfortable driving this brick at speeds over that. I think it's speed limited at 115mph anyway. I'm just playing devils advocate here. I should change the title of the thread to "16 yr old stock truck owner that is giving Z06 owners fits on the bulletin boards". Seriously, I love the Z06. For the money it can't be beat as an all around performer. Of course, for the money you can get 5 Syclones.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !

I tell ya what, lets race the length of my niece's hopscotch pad she drew on my driveway

I'm not that much into drag racing to begin with but for Christsake you gotta run at least a 1/4 mile to determine anything.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:13 AM

Ok, mr. hetrosexual racer. At what distance is racing STRAIGHT? T

he last Z06 owner I lined up against probably thought he wouldn't waste his time either. Then he got wasted. Don't be a hater, I used to only want to race from a roll too. Everybody wants to race the way they will win, all other racing is ghey...

Old 07-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Jedidiah is on a distinguished road
I think the point of this whole thread is the mere fact that a 91 S10 / S15 still has ***** in todays performance world. The fact that its stock is even more impressive. Hell no, the truck has nothing on a Z06, but even if can keep tabs on one being a car length or two back is still pretty impressive in my eyes, considering what it is. I think that is at least what the OP is trying to express.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:04 PM
You can't prove anything in such a short distance... At the very least make it 1/8th mile, even the little awd imports agree on that one.

Or you agree on a speed range... from a dig to say 120mph... or my preference of 100-220.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 AM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough

the only one that sounds gay here is you. you wouldnt waste your time? you sound like an arrogant ******.

TTony i think your syclone is badass! i see the point you are trying to make and i see a lot of threatened haters trying to make this thread into something its not. i was cracking up when that other C6Z owner said he could take you on the track!!! what prompted that challenge? dont let these guys bother you man, if they want to get their panties in a bunch let em. props on the badass truck and you should really put that 1K into it! can you imagine the reaction of these guys when they encounter you then hahaha

Old 07-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by IIVVX
the only one that sounds gay here is you. you wouldnt waste your time? you sound like an arrogant ******.
Maybe... but it's the truth that I wouldn't waste my time, risk a ticket, etc to race some pickup truck. Find me something with >800rwhp and we can talk.

This is like some idiot kid in a CRX thinking he's a badass cause he 'intimidated' some guy in an Enzo who wouldn't race him... yeah, that's it, your 1.6 60' and 98mph trap speed is so bad ***.

You're WAY outta your league here scooter.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IIVVX

TTony i think your syclone is badass! i see the point you are trying to make and i see a lot of threatened haters trying to make this thread into something its not. i was cracking up when that other C6Z owner said he could take you on the track!!! what prompted that challenge? dont let these guys bother you man, if they want to get their panties in a bunch let em. props on the badass truck and you should really put that 1K into it! can you imagine the reaction of these guys when they encounter you then hahaha
I made the track comment because that is what the C6Z was built for there Junior. On top of its phenominal handling/track abilities it is pretty sick in a straight line as well (11.7 @ 125-127mph STOCK OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR)....more than sufficient to walk some souped up pick-em up truck. Now, if you want to start talking about mods (see Katech and Lingenfelter.....end of story).

As far as making this thread into something its not...the OP wrote the check and now C6Z owners are here to cash it. Nothing more....nothing less. The mere idea of comparing a pick up truck to a C6Z is ludicrous in itself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 16 yr old stock truck that gives C6 Z06's fits...