Aston Martin Vendor Classifieds vendor classified area...do not post here unless you are a forum sponsor

Supercharger or Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by got one
Hey Stuart, Any update by chance?

Thanks,

Ryan
Hi Ryan,

Just speaking with the owner this morning. We put the car into our normally aspirated Power Pack spec for him and he's had it back for the last few months. We were in the middle of a building construction project and moving the entire operation, while trying to keep working, manufacturing and so on. So we iced it for a bit and got him the car back to enjoy for a bit. Was a hard couple years for him outside of this project so it was nice to get him back in the driver's seat again.

Chris and I have been doing some more analysis and the plan is to work with a more compact turbo. Currently favouring the BorgWarner EFR 6258-I. Has a 49mm inducer, and rated at up to 450BHP per turbo so plenty for this application. Advantages are internally wastegated and integrated diverter valve so 'plumbing' is much restricted. We think that with this packaging we can relocate the turbos lower down and solve some of the heat/packaging issues.

Hoping to have the car back here soon.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-16-2019, 10:55 PM
LALEX1 is on a distinguished road
Hey Stuart,

Any updates?

Old 10-17-2019, 11:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LALEX1
Hey Stuart,

Any updates?

Waiting for the car to come back to us this fall.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-17-2019, 02:10 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...I just wondered if you and Rich are using the same supercharger? I understand Rich is a much smaller company.
But I see he offers and sells many of your Great products...
Just being nosy...
Regards...Duke

Old 10-20-2019, 10:14 PM
So you’re just waiting for the owner of the car to drop it off again? I do have an extra Vantage that pretty much just sits around all the time. Only thing is I’m located in California...otherwise I would drop it off and let you guys use it for as long as you need.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Aldv
Hi...I just wondered if you and Rich are using the same supercharger? I understand Rich is a much smaller company.
But I see he offers and sells many of your Great products...
Just being nosy...
Regards...Duke
We're designing a Turbo Kit

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-21-2019, 10:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
So you’re just waiting for the owner of the car to drop it off again? I do have an extra Vantage that pretty much just sits around all the time. Only thing is I’m located in California...otherwise I would drop it off and let you guys use it for as long as you need.
Basically, yes. For some complicated personal reasons for the owner, the project basically stopped for a year and a half. We did a lot of the mock up and got him the car back for a chunk of time, and then again recently he has had it back to utilize.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-21-2019, 10:44 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Thank you Stuart...I appreciate...
Good luck with your project...

Old 10-22-2019, 10:03 PM
Well if anything does come up with the other owner, my offer stands. Could possibly even ship my vantage to you if you need it. Would just love to watch this project get back on track quickly!

Old 10-23-2019, 10:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
Well if anything does come up with the other owner, my offer stands. Could possibly even ship my vantage to you if you need it. Would just love to watch this project get back on track quickly!
Give me a week or two, we're waiting for him to come back to us.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-30-2020, 06:20 PM
Hybrid will become famous soon enoughHybrid will become famous soon enough
Stuart,
The cost of chromolly rods, GT3 bearings and a well balanced, nitride hardened crank is about $15K with labor.
The cost of the dual plate clutch and AMR flywheel is about $5K with labor.
So protecting the engine and drivetrain from the kit costs more than the kit.
Ric :-)

Old 04-30-2020, 09:08 PM
Hey Stuart,
My offer still stands for this.
let me know if you would like my car.

Rob

Old 05-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Hey Stuart,
My offer still stands for this.
let me know if you would like my car.

Rob
We're indeed looking for a test vehicle to complete this project, please reach out to Stuart@VelocityAP.com

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com