Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Any Vantage owners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:57 PM
///996TTM3 is on a distinguished road
Any Vantage owners...

That have the Quicksilver exhaust?

Did a little research and found out that this is the choice in exhaust systems for the Vantage but only found one video on youtube with the exhaust. Although the exhaust sounds stunning stock, is there anyway to amplify it if one doesn't want to purchase an aftermarket exhaust?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:03 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
From what I have heard you can remove the butter fly valves so the car sounds loud all the time rather than passing a certain rpm range for them to open.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I had my dealer "open the valves" so I get that great sound at any RPM. Was a quick proceedure and can be reversed if you want. I like it and saved a bunch of money. Have heard (live) the Quicksilver at same dealer - awsome too - would like to see/read a dyno test to find if there are any real power results.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:15 PM
pratt is on a distinguished road
pull fuse 22 for increased sound. look at the amoc forum, there is a thread on pulling fuse 22 vs quicksilver exhaust.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
///996TTM3 is on a distinguished road
Wont pulling out the fuse cause damage of some sort?

Old 01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
the dealer said it can decrease engine power in the longhaul by 3-4%. There is also the risk of the infamous check engine light going off. Again, check out the thread on the amoc forum.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ///996TTM3
That have the Quicksilver exhaust?

Did a little research and found out that this is the choice in exhaust systems for the Vantage but only found one video on youtube with the exhaust. Although the exhaust sounds stunning stock, is there anyway to amplify it if one doesn't want to purchase an aftermarket exhaust?
We are in the process of announcong our new North American alliance with QuickSilver Performamnce Exhaust products, I have the QS AMV8 Super Sport + system on my AMV8, This is the louder system that we offer for the AMV8. The Exhaust is 33 Lbs lighter than the factory unit and will provide an aditional 10-15 HP, The super Sport + is a pretty aggresive sounding system, I would say the Super Sport sound level would appeal to the masses,

If anyone wants to hear some sound clips PM me I will be happy to send it to you .. or if someone can help me post the clips here I would appreciate it

Old 01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
how much will the system run?