Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Thoughts on 07 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:58 AM
roadking will become famous soon enough
Thoughts on 07 Vantage

I am interested in an 07 Vantage. What are the boards thoughts and comments on the car? The looks are killer and the fit and finish seems to be first class. Any mechanical, electrical or performance gripes or issues?

What is the going price on a low mileage 07? Ebay and Traderpub seem to be in the $90's.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
On my 07 Vantage: Mech - bracket for fan belt replaced (recall from mfg.). Elec - No issues. Power - I came from a 550 HP 996 tt - this has 380 - sure not as fast - and everyone says more power - but who does not say that about any car - 997 tt should have 550 HP but does not. Is 380 OK - yeah but I want a little more - 420-450 would be nice but not a reason to get rid of it. Handles very well as stock on the track. If you can get one in the $90's do it. IMHO there is not a new car "investment" out there under $150k - so if you are looking for appriciating value - buy stocks in China. Want a great car - get the AM.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Its a great car and I've had my share in the seat time of a Manual car, it lacks horsepower but that is okay since the whole concept of the car is match the elegance and comfort of the Bentley with the sportiness of a Ferrari in one package.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks. Just left the dealer here in Scottsdale. The car is great looking. The fit, finish and details are awesome. I did not get a chance to drive yet, hopefully the dealer will acknowledge me next time I come in.....If not, I will take a day trip to SoCal and check them out. Not to worried about appreciation... they all suck in this price range. Thanks again.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
DynamicMotoring is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by roadking
Thanks. Just left the dealer here in Scottsdale. The car is great looking. The fit, finish and details are awesome. I did not get a chance to drive yet, hopefully the dealer will acknowledge me next time I come in.....If not, I will take a day trip to SoCal and check them out. Not to worried about appreciation... they all suck in this price range. Thanks again.
Sorry to hear about the bad dealer experience! Just walk up to someone next time and say they missed out on comission!

Anyway, the car is great overall, sounds fantastic, but doesnt have the power to back it up. There are other better cars, but for what you pay, its a decent deal.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:26 PM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
As you say the looks are killer,i just saw a black one today with black rims,and i dont think ive seen a nicer looking car in months.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 PM
pierceman is on a distinguished road
Are you looking into the sport shift or 6mt?

I love the sport shift car for cruising, but have found that there is a touch of lag in lower rpms even after a down shift. (no worse than a E55 or CL63), however, my other car (NSX) is only 350rwhp, but as a MT, it feels much faster. I assume the 6mt will get into the power alot faster, but wanted the AT for cruising. The finish is fantastic, and the sound could only get better with some exhaust

Old 02-08-2008, 07:02 AM
I am open to either transmission. Starting the process to find one from a private party as opposed to buying from a dealer. (8-9K in sales tax savings) I found one in NoCal, but the used market seems to be pretty tight. I am patient to a point, I just hope I don't get the "I have to have it now" bug. Any insights on used in your markets is much appreciated.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Hernando is on a distinguished road
IMHO I don't like it.

I absolutely love the way the car looks, but for $120k+ there are better cars out there. I agree that it is a great looking car with a great interior with a few exceptions. I don't like the buttons on the radio, I hate the nav system, and the A/C display seems to have come straight out of a Ford Explorer.

It is lacking way too much in the performance department. I had driven one for a while, and driven it back to back with an M3, M6, and various 911's, it doesn't hold a candle to any of these in terms of performance. It seems to be unresponsive, and heavy. Very sluggish. I remember I would press the gas peddle and by the time I let off of it, it began revving. When I am driving at around 20mph in 2nd gear and I floor it, the car seems to take a bit of time before reacting, and when it does it's nothing special. In the M3 and the M6 in 2nd gear at that speed it feels like a rocket.

If I were you I would consider a 997 Carrera S Cab with Carbon Fiber and Alcantara interior. However if you are dead set on the Vantage, I would look into different tuning options.

At the end of the day it's what puts a smile on your face that you should get. I was just giving my impressions and opinions.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 PM
DropGems is on a distinguished road
I've had mine for well over a year and I really like it. No probs except for throwing fluke warning lights every couple months. Best looking car on the road imo. Slow compared to my 600hp Porsche but still fun to drive. Sounds great.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:13 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
I've had mine for over a year as well. It's been great. One thing I really like is the fact that I don't speed every time I get in the car. (Exactly the opposite when I had my GT3)

It's a completely different experience from other cars (in my opinion). I also really like the fact that you don't see many of them around.

Pull the trigger - you won't be disappointed.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:39 PM
PDX120 is on a distinguished road
I'm in the same boat, and I'd like to see $85k before I buy just to give me a year or two without taking a huge hit on it and I can't rationalize buying an AMV8 over a 360 at the same price...and it's not even a consideration buying it new at $120k.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:46 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
PDX,
In agreement w/all who replied. Test drove one of these beauties last year, very nice. At $125K+ for new, there are better choices out there. Should be MSRP'd at @$100K or HP should be closer to 425. They market hard to the 911 crowd however, the car has it's own niche and is one of the sexiest cars out there. In the near future, if they don't hold their value and the right one comes around at $85K, I will own one.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 PM
GT-Tan is on a distinguished road
I read somewhere that the v12 Vantage is coming, that's the same engine on the DBS, good fro about 450HP. May be 2010 model?

Old 02-14-2008, 02:38 PM
stevenshin is on a distinguished road
http://www.prestige-motors.com/detai...127l1202856786

2007 with about 20K miles for $89K. Looks like it is on consignment so the seller might not give them a lot of room to negotiate on price. This dealership is near my office and I sold my 911 to them in the past. They seem like pretty good and honest people, taking thin margins but on high volume. PM me if you are interested and have questions about how they operate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on 07 Vantage