Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM Vantage Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
AM Vantage Suspension

OK - finally ready to improve the handling on my 2007 Vantage. I want to lower it a bit and add some spacers to bring my wheels out some too. Possibly some new sway bars. Problem is my past experience was with P-cars and none of those Mfg's carry AM stuff. I know not a lot of folks have been modifying but I am sure folks have done some of this simple stuff. My request is who has done what - your advice ? What did you use - ? - what was great and what was not too good and you would NOT recommend ... Thanks for the help ...

Old 04-18-2008, 03:07 PM
rezf is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
OK - finally ready to improve the handling on my 2007 Vantage. I want to lower it a bit and add some spacers to bring my wheels out some too. Possibly some new sway bars. Problem is my past experience was with P-cars and none of those Mfg's carry AM stuff. I know not a lot of folks have been modifying but I am sure folks have done some of this simple stuff. My request is who has done what - your advice ? What did you use - ? - what was great and what was not too good and you would NOT recommend ... Thanks for the help ...
Michael,
My impression of the V8V is that the suspension and braking are quite good on the car, compared with the non-turbo or GT variants of the P-car. I would think it could use a slight boost in power. However, if you are looking to tweak the suspension a bit, my suggestion is to wait until the Prodrive kit becomes available. With a stake in the company and the backing of AML, you really can't go wrong.
RezF

Old 04-18-2008, 03:38 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
I have put 2500 miles on my car in just a few months, which a record pace for me. This includes one track day and almost all the rest carving up the mountain passes from the coast to the inland wine country. I have been so impressed with the handling I am not sure where I would go to try and improve it and I am a serial modder with a bad case of the disease.
The balance of the car is awesome, there is so very little body roll, its elastic and forgiving, and also very predictable. You can brake late, and trail brake deep into corners w/o upsetting the car and on and on. Just brilliant and thats coming off a Challenge Stradale!

Let us know what you end up doing. I just added the sport version of the Quicksilver exhaust from RSC and its quite a bit lighter, offers a wonderful aggressive note but not too loud, as I know the hi flow cats that go on next will further deepen and add more volume to the sound. You might check with Herschel at RSC about suspension bits. They are doing a whole performance pack for the cars.
800-815-3751

Old 04-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
My dealer told me that AML will be offering a sports package on the 2009 V8V. I know dealers can retrofit Sports Packages on DB9s - I assume it will be the same with the V8V. It might be something to look into, as it will be designed by Aston Martin.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:10 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Damn John awesome to hear, v8 vantage is mighty impressive then, I need to drive one asap.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
I 've been keeping track of H @CG and waiting to hear what he has when he is done - heck I might drive down and check it out personally! Yes I am a serious track junkie too and had a day at Sebring via AM hospitality - sold me on the car last year. Handling is very good do not get me wrong - I am in the 5% that needs more. My modded 996tt had PSS9 and H&R adj. sways, TechART wheels (wider), sticky tires and lot's of TechArt engine mods to go very fast in a turn - esp. for a heavy car. The AM was close but not quite - of course this was not a fair comp as moded vs stock. I personally believe the stock V8V is much better than stock 997S. My comps are at Sebring - a big course w/ only one slow tight area - IMHO. Anyway yes I will be doing the mods was just hoping to get some folks past experience. Seems I was the G-pig here in FL w/ 996 series 1 GT3 a few years ago. Had to buy a few poor pieces to get it right. At least I saved some friends some money and time (same w/ 996 tt). So again any one's AM thoughts and experiences are more than welcome ...

Old 04-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Have not repplaced the exhaust yet - just have the valves open full time (mechanical not fuse). We also pulled the brain box out of my AM and had a black forrest elf try to see what he could do. His work is very good - we want to try 200 cats and an exhaust - he could make them but I want to see where Herschel goes first - the Mark vs Dollar is killing me !!! Damn elves drink good beer ...

Old 04-20-2008, 10:56 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Yes, buying anything from Europe now sucks, the Bush dollar is a killer!
Sounds like we are on the same track, 200cell cats are next. I have the quicksilver sport exhaust whereas Hershel is running the louder version. I like the sound a lot and should have some clips later this week.

Martin, I took a car buddy out this morning on a 10 mile mountain romp and he came back glowing. Its not just the handling but the overall package is just so very sweet and its also stunning to look at, imo.
To my taste, if I can drop 80- 100 lbs and add 40hp the car would be a home run.

Dr. G, let us know what they plan on including in the sports pack.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:46 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Yes, buying anything from Europe now sucks, the Bush dollar is a killer!
Sounds like we are on the same track, 200cell cats are next. I have the quicksilver sport exhaust whereas Hershel is running the louder version. I like the sound a lot and should have some clips later this week.

Martin, I took a car buddy out this morning on a 10 mile mountain romp and he came back glowing. Its not just the handling but the overall package is just so very sweet and its also stunning to look at, imo.
To my taste, if I can drop 80- 100 lbs and add 40hp the car would be a home run.

Dr. G, let us know what they plan on including in the sports pack.
We are on the same page so I am sure I would AGREE Guess what? Going to the Aston dealer to drive one today

Old 04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
make sure you get out in the twisties, thats where the car really comes to life.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:51 PM
have to kinda grab it by the back of the neck and take control - drive it lightly and it does not seem like much - give it some effort and it is great ...

Old 04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
Wait until the sports pack is released, surely it will be retrofittable just like on the DB9.

It may not be as aggressive as if you go aftermarket (motons/pss9/etc) or prodrive, but it has recieved great reviews on it so far (N400 has it equipped)

Old 04-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by riverflyer
make sure you get out in the twisties, thats where the car really comes to life.
Their demo was in for service. I wound up knowing the sale guy too, worked at my Porsche dealer and friends with my friends over there hah, so should be a good test drive on Wednesday when we go out. There are tons of backroad twisties in the area too, can't wait because I am in love with this car.

GUESS WHAT, they have an 07 Tungsten with Saddle or some type of cinnamon color, that is ALL ME, can't wait to make a deal!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Guys

we are fittting our new sport springs on Thursday, I will post pics and impressions shortly after....

Martin make that deal and let me be the first to welcome you to automotive BLISS ...

Old 04-22-2008, 07:15 AM
HZ - looking forward to your thoughts on the new springs. I have heard H&R have a set, someone thought you may have used/tried these on the V8V ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AM Vantage Suspension