Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Quicksilver Exhaust installed on Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Post up some pictures and a sound clip on youtube if you can!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:01 PM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Michael, I'm very interested in your thoughts on the RSC work. I'm still waiting on the springs I ordered, they seem to have gotten delayed by the Europeans taking the summer off. Has the car been on a dyno?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
I have not had my car on a before/after dyno - I believe HZ has (?). I can say that there is a complete difference in the car - AM definatly left some HP on the table - feels nothing like the changes you see if you did these mods w/ a newer Carrera - I did the ECU/200 cell cats/QS Exhaust from RSC. I ended up w/ the "medium" exhaust - is a bit quieter than the loud (or "+" ) but this is more personal taste - to me the "+" was just a bit too loud - think race car at the track and you have the right idea. The Utube posts do not give you any perspective in sense of actual sound. The QS exhausts do not sound cheap or have any bad resonance in the cabin (some P-car exhausts did this in my past life) - again I mounted and drove w/ both QS exhausts on my car. I would certainly recommend these changes, the throttle response is quicker, the car feels much faster (I'll be at Sebring next month and get a much better idea) so I am sure HP/torque are up - I just do not have a measured amount. Car really flys at the higher RPM - this V8 just seems to be geared and designed more like a "foreign" 8 than a US 8 - much more at higher RPMs than low end grunt. I would also say if AM had tuned the 4.3 like this, there would be a lot less comments about power. I am looking forward to dusting 996/997 off at the track. And I know my buddies - they are not stock cars. I also am waiting on the springs to get shipped too. One other thing we did was design a brake duct kit - there is little air under the Vantage when used at the track - ie. brake fade. I had this issue w/ stock P-cars too. Nothing you would feel on the street - just neede for those fast laps !!I hope this helps - feel free to ask any specific questions - I know this is some uncharted territory - not the first time for me to be the mod Guinea Pig - and to go thru some "not so great mods" - I think this system is working quite well.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 AM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Michael. Ignore the PM.
I do have some questions...
What did the work cost?
Can you post photos of the brake duct kit? I have experienced the fade problems too.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:40 AM
akionan is on a distinguished road
What type of power gains are people seeing from installing this system? Sounds amazing. Thanks.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:53 AM
I am bugging HZ w/ RSC to complete their web site (Vantage section has a couple of holes) ... it is not like adding a super charger or twin turbos but is still a nice power gain and sound to boot!
BTW I met a Britt last weekend - has his own custom shop and added twin turbos to his Viper - dyno over 960 HP !!! He actually said it was too crazy, thinking of selling it and getting a Vantage ... "a bit more civilized" were his words.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
I have not had my car on a before/after dyno - I believe HZ has (?). I can say that there is a complete difference in the car - AM definatly left some HP on the table - feels nothing like the changes you see if you did these mods w/ a newer Carrera - I did the ECU/200 cell cats/QS Exhaust from RSC. I ended up w/ the "medium" exhaust - is a bit quieter than the loud (or "+" ) but this is more personal taste - to me the "+" was just a bit too loud - think race car at the track and you have the right idea. The Utube posts do not give you any perspective in sense of actual sound. The QS exhausts do not sound cheap or have any bad resonance in the cabin (some P-car exhausts did this in my past life) - again I mounted and drove w/ both QS exhausts on my car. I would certainly recommend these changes, the throttle response is quicker, the car feels much faster (I'll be at Sebring next month and get a much better idea) so I am sure HP/torque are up - I just do not have a measured amount. Car really flys at the higher RPM - this V8 just seems to be geared and designed more like a "foreign" 8 than a US 8 - much more at higher RPMs than low end grunt. I would also say if AM had tuned the 4.3 like this, there would be a lot less comments about power. I am looking forward to dusting 996/997 off at the track. And I know my buddies - they are not stock cars. I also am waiting on the springs to get shipped too. One other thing we did was design a brake duct kit - there is little air under the Vantage when used at the track - ie. brake fade. I had this issue w/ stock P-cars too. Nothing you would feel on the street - just neede for those fast laps !!I hope this helps - feel free to ask any specific questions - I know this is some uncharted territory - not the first time for me to be the mod Guinea Pig - and to go thru some "not so great mods" - I think this system is working quite well.
I just had the quicksilver supersport installed. The car sounds amazing and I am already noticing the difference in throttle and acceleration. This is the first step in my RSC mod schedule. I plan to follow with the ecu and sportshift chips. I hear that the RAM induction is also promising. If anyone with this car is looking for a step up call Hershel at RSC. I have the carbon fiber front lip and rear diffuser. The changes ar subtle but I think they are even sharper on the roadster. I have a detailing day scheduled for the first week in September. After that, I will post an array of pictures.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Pics of the brake ducts

Here is a sot of the parts for the duct kit just prior to bolting on the car.

Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2008, 05:51 PM
turbo turbo is on a distinguished road
nice clean install..