Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 6-speed. Anything wrong?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:28 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lawin
are you looking for new or used? i know of a new one that is for sale at our local dealership. the regional rep and the tech drove it out to my house to check on my car and the regional rep said this was probably the first time two db9 sport pack 6 speeds have ever been parked next to each other. i LOLed, but he said he was serious. i thought that was pretty cool.
I'm thinking the smart $ is on a used 07 or 08 (told sports pack 07+) with low miles. It seems like dealer inventories have anumber of new 08s and plenty of new 09s as well. What dealer is it b/c I might have already seen it if it's on DuPont, eBay or Autotrader?

Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Red Devil
I'm thinking the smart $ is on a used 07 or 08 (told sports pack 07+) with low miles. It seems like dealer inventories have anumber of new 08s and plenty of new 09s as well. What dealer is it b/c I might have already seen it if it's on DuPont, eBay or Autotrader?
its at the bellevue dealership in washington state.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
where do you live? HBL of tysons has 1 in green i saw yesterday and they may have a few more...
http://astonmartinoftysonscorner.com...oryId=24604853

Old 10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RaminGTI20
where do you live? HBL of tysons has 1 in green i saw yesterday and they may have a few more...
http://astonmartinoftysonscorner.com...oryId=24604853
Yes thanks I saw their stuff on DuPont or Autotrader. The green is not my taste and I'm thinking 07 or 08 to catch the sport pack. That Berwick Bronze 08 auto looks soooooo nice and I also dig it's interior but no 6MT . I'm in lower NY, and will probably get to see an 08 over at Ray Catena, if they ever wake up over there and respond to my TWO inquiries. If the SM or GM reads this you should fire someone in the internet inquiry area.

Last edited by Red Devil; 10-15-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: forgot
Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
AM of Tampa has some '08s still on their lot ... I am sure Tom Heinz will make some deals ... make for a nice road trip !!!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
AM of Tampa has some '08s still on their lot ... I am sure Tom Heinz will make some deals ... make for a nice road trip !!!
My in-laws live not too far from there, so if I'm flying someplace to see a car, it would probably be there. That will be a last resort and I have a feeling ALL these cars are going to be sitting a while ...

Last edited by Red Devil; 10-16-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Going to NJ tomorrow to see a black DB9 coupe 6MT with sports pack. Hopefully, it's the bees knees. Prices are all over the place as I've seen a used 2009 auto coue with a few hundred miles in the 160's, a less than 100 mile 2008 like the one I'm driving for under 150 and then a lot of unrealistic ones.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:25 PM
mikemets is on a distinguished road
Going to NJ tomorrow to see a black DB9 coupe 6MT with sports pack. Hopefully, it's the bees knees. Prices are all over the place as I've seen a used 2009 auto coue with a few hundred miles in the 160's, a less than 100 mile 2008 like the one I'm driving for under 150 and then a lot of unrealistic ones.
Have fun. In hindsight, my timing looks to be pretty bad in buying in August. Guess I'll just have to drive the heck out of it.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by mikemets
Have fun. In hindsight, my timing looks to be pretty bad in buying in August. Guess I'll just have to drive the heck out of it.
Hindsight's always 20/20. Like you said, enjoy it and don't look back. The car was really sharp with Onyx black, sports pack, red calipers, black leather with gray contrast interior and piano black wood. It's fast and not as manic as my Turbo. There's a new 08 carbon black/bentley tan in Greenwich that I'll probably go see on friday.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Hindsight's always 20/20. Like you said, enjoy it and don't look back. The car was really sharp with Onyx black, sports pack, red calipers, black leather with gray contrast interior and piano black wood. It's fast and not as manic as my Turbo. There's a new 08 carbon black/bentley tan in Greenwich that I'll probably go see on friday.
True, and I would have missed out on this awesome Fall driving. was up around Bear Mountain / West Point area all last weekend...spectacular.

Wow, that combo sounds sweet.

I checked out the Bentleys too...so beautiful, but a little less sporty for me.
Went AM as you can see.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:52 AM
True, and I would have missed out on this awesome Fall driving. was up around Bear Mountain / West Point area all last weekend...spectacular.

Wow, that combo sounds sweet.

I checked out the Bentleys too...so beautiful, but a little less sporty for me.
Went AM as you can see.
The DB9 (not Bentley) I'm going to see tomorrow is Carbon black exterior with Bentley tan interior (custom combo). I like Bentley coupes well enough, but know they wouldn't be sporting enough for me.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 PM
The DB9 (not Bentley) I'm going to see tomorrow is Carbon black exterior with Bentley tan interior (custom combo). I like Bentley coupes well enough, but know they wouldn't be sporting enough for me.
Gotcha...if you want a FUN test drive in Greenwich, get Paul as your sales guy.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Gotcha...if you want a FUN test drive in Greenwich, get Paul as your sales guy.
Too late. Brian at LI set me up with Cynthia K. I'm off ...

Old 10-24-2008, 08:43 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Too late. Brian at LI set me up with Cynthia K. I'm off ...
best of luck, but i must warn you of one thing. absolutely do not look at a dbs is there is one there. i was at the dealership yesterday and saw a black dbs tucked away in the corner of the shop and omg. it is entirely on a different level than a db9 and now i see why it is so much more money. the dealership has a white one and a black one, but the black one looks much more elegant and menacing than the white. i now want one in black

Old 10-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by lawin
best of luck, but i must warn you of one thing. absolutely do not look at a dbs is there is one there. i was at the dealership yesterday and saw a black dbs tucked away in the corner of the shop and omg. it is entirely on a different level than a db9 and now i see why it is so much more money. the dealership has a white one and a black one, but the black one looks much more elegant and menacing than the white. i now want one in black
Sure, now you tell me . Cynthia turns out to be the former "Ms. Miller", as in Miller Motor Cars. As we set out on the DB9 test with her taking us out, she says, "I drive a 6-speed daily". Later I ask which and she replies, " A DBS!" After the DB9 test she says, "Do you want to go for a ride in my DBS to see the differences?" Duh! Nicer inside, but not a ton. Quicker, but the DB9 is no slouch. Better suspension and adjustable = winner! Too bad my budget doesn't allow for an extra 100 grand b/c I think I'd really love the DBS. As for the DB9, it's a strong like, but I'm not sure if that's enough. To be cont'd ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DB9 6-speed. Anything wrong?