Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 6-speed. Anything wrong?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Glad that you finally got behind a 6-speed car Red Devil. Any gripes?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Glad that you finally got behind a 6-speed car Red Devil. Any gripes?
I liked it well enough to buy one that I'll be picking up today. I'm sure it isn't perfect, b/c IMO no car probably is. I love the torque and the fact that you don't have to be "busy" shifting a lot if you don't want to. It's also happy right up to redline without making too much fuss or noise, except the good kind. I've been a modding kind-of-guy these past 10 years and I feel confident saying that only MAYBE an exhaust is in my future. That and the fact that I'm sure there isn't a ton of things available anyway.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Red Devil
I liked it well enough to buy one that I'll be picking up today. I'm sure it isn't perfect, b/c IMO no car probably is. I love the torque and the fact that you don't have to be "busy" shifting a lot if you don't want to. It's also happy right up to redline without making too much fuss or noise, except the good kind. I've been a modding kind-of-guy these past 10 years and I feel confident saying that only MAYBE an exhaust is in my future. That and the fact that I'm sure there isn't a ton of things available anyway.
be prepared to be a moving circus. i thought a black db9 would not attract a lot of attention due to its subdued looks and it being black. that is not the case. you will see cell phones coming out every couple of minutes to take pictures of your car while moving or parked.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:06 PM
mikemets is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lawin
be prepared to be a moving circus. i thought a black db9 would not attract a lot of attention due to its subdued looks and it being black. that is not the case. you will see cell phones coming out every couple of minutes to take pictures of your car while moving or parked.
Too funny...this is my experience too.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I'm used to being a moving circus with a red Turbo, big wing and big wheels. The Aston will be a bit less noticeable than that, and that's a good thing. She's home now sharing the garage with 3 others and one has to sleep outside. I should get some more drive-time this weekend.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:11 AM
RM5
RM5 is on a distinguished road
Hey Jim congrats. what color combo did you get? lets see some pics.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by RM5
Hey Jim congrats. what color combo did you get? lets see some pics.
The car is Onyx Black with black/gray/piano black wood. I took a few pictures at the delivery but haven't downloaded them yet. Here's the dealer link to the ad where I first saw the car:

http://www.raycatena-astonmartin.com...AB01A68GA09637

You still have your M5?

Old 10-30-2008, 10:05 AM
RM5
RM5 is on a distinguished road
Wow that is sharp. I still have my M5 don't drive it much busy with the house just moved to NJ. I thought I would never sell my M5 but lately I am getting the urge to get something new. does max still have the Sl? and What is Sean sporting.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by RM5
Wow that is sharp. I still have my M5 don't drive it much busy with the house just moved to NJ. I thought I would never sell my M5 but lately I am getting the urge to get something new. does max still have the Sl? and What is Sean sporting.
Max has the SL as far as I know from a few months back.
Sean has his Ruf, R63 (M-B) and Alpina B7
Al has his Z06 and Darren has an RS4
My Turbo would scratch your itch and then some!
Glad things are well.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:20 PM
mikemets is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Red Devil
The car is Onyx Black with black/gray/piano black wood. I took a few pictures at the delivery but haven't downloaded them yet. Here's the dealer link to the ad where I first saw the car:

http://www.raycatena-astonmartin.com...AB01A68GA09637

You still have your M5?
Holy crap...does that look good

Old 10-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by mikemets
Holy crap...does that look good
Thanks! I pride myself on buying somewhat unique-looking cars and the black/gray/piano black is a cool interior.