Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Performance Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 PM
SmellyPenguin is on a distinguished road
DB9 Performance Upgrades

I'm looking to purchase either a 07 or 08 DB9 in the next few months, and was wondering if there were any engine/ecu upgrades for the car.

I know of Paramount Performance in the UK, and I'd have to ship out my ECU to them, but does anyone know of a place in the US.

Also, is there anything I should look for in the 07 or 08, so I dont get stuck with a broken car, and any warranty issues I should worry about.

Thanks guys!

Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I'd like to know about any upgrades also, but doubt there's much. The V12 is torquey as hell, which I really like and think it would take some pretty impressive gains to make it noticeable. I'm sure having a manual helps a lot, so get one if you can.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 AM
mikemets is on a distinguished road
I went with the new exhaust for the sound, and it seems there's a performance benefit too:

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/p....asp?NewsID=34

Old 02-22-2009, 10:56 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Somebody has to step up here. Ther are alot of skilled tuners that could do well with a little research. I would think that at 6.0 Liters you shold be able to get to 550-575HP without bolting something on. I think that some RAM induction, Quicksilver exhaust, K&N sports filters and an ECU flash you could get there. Not to mention, all of these changes would have no detrimental impact on the car. In fact it may help the car. At that level, this car would hang with most of Italy in the price range and still have the edge with style and finish.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Bodessem has a spectacular aura aboutBodessem has a spectacular aura about
DB9 Performance - Need Help

Hi gents, I just purchased a 2006 DB9 Volante and really enjoying it. I've heard from several folks that getting to 550 HP or more from my current 450 shouldn't be that tough.

Question is what needs to be done to get there, who can do that, and what does that probably cost? I have a feeling that turbochargers and superchargers are out of the question (as I haven't seen or heard of one done on this car... correct me if I'm wrong). Then I'll do the brakes

Lastly, if it is a case of ECU upgrades and such, do you do that ECU tuning first, last, or doesn't it matter? Thanks much.

Bodessem

Old 07-03-2014, 02:22 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
I have had my car for almost 3 years (05 DB9) and its been super reliable! Actually, more so than some daily drivers I have had (BMW) in the past. I don't know of any tuners as 450HP is more than enough for me but if reliability is a top priority I would pass on "modifying" it. A nice exhaust shouldn't hinder reliability at all though. Main thing is buy a car with a good service history and appears to be well cared for. A troublesome Aston will put even a wealthy guy in the poor house fast! Also, a lot of people try and shop on price when it comes to super cars. Trust me, the cheapest one's are usually the worst. There is a place on autotrader called Thrift Auto and they sell some real garbage!!

Old 07-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
WLW@RSC will become famous soon enoughWLW@RSC will become famous soon enough
We offer a ECU/TCU Tune worth about 25-30HP that you can install yourself in minutes.

No need to remove the ECU or ship it anywhere. You can reset it yourself to stock. It will increase the speed and crispness of the shifts as well.

Here is a link to an informational video

if you would like shoot me a PM I can send you a full write up and more information about the product.

We also offer Headers, Cats, and Full Exhaust, Air Filters for your vehicle and just recently installed the whole package on a DB9.

Good luck with your purchase and were always here if you want to chat

Old 07-03-2014, 06:20 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
I'm .....really, really happy with my 07. One of the first things I did was a set of RSC intake filters. I wanted a better exhaust note so added a FABSPEED X pipe that made a difference. BUT - also adding a quicksilver super-sport rear box really changed the image of the car with the engine running. Although I'm told there is an increase in HP with these mods, I am not sure how much. My guess is someone like Stewart can give a good evaluation of what you can expect. The car has been reliable, looks great, has P L E N T Y of power and a joy to drive! Hope you find a DB 9 - It WILL make you smile.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 07sportspack
I'm .....really, really happy with my 07. One of the first things I did was a set of RSC intake filters. I wanted a better exhaust note so added a FABSPEED X pipe that made a difference. BUT - also adding a quicksilver super-sport rear box really changed the image of the car with the engine running. Although I'm told there is an increase in HP with these mods, I am not sure how much. My guess is someone like Stewart can give a good evaluation of what you can expect. The car has been reliable, looks great, has P L E N T Y of power and a joy to drive! Hope you find a DB 9 - It WILL make you smile.
Thanks for the mention. Would be happy to discuss with anyone, I have a pretty good knowledge of which mods will produce power, and how to choose. Would be happy to assist.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 07-03-2014, 09:39 PM
I can't PM anyone since I'm new... wish I could. I'm just looking for guidance on an optimum way to get to 550HP or so without breaking the bank with a systematic and "smart" method.

Maybe 550HP is out of the question and 500HP is more reasonable but if you were in my shoes what might you do and start with, etc. Thanks again guys! And Stuart, I might just give you a call on Monday or Tuesday during normal business hours.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:14 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
I'm interested in 550-600hp for my DBS

Old 07-04-2014, 07:19 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bodessem
Hi gents, I just purchased a 2006 DB9 Volante and really enjoying it. ...
Another Houstonian, Welcome! I'm on the far South side.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by 62Jeff
Another Houstonian, Welcome! I'm on the far South side.
Jeff, excellent! I'm on the SW (just outside Sugar Land). Do any AM owners get together frequently/infrequently around town?

Old 07-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by WLW@RSC
We offer a ECU/TCU Tune worth about 25-30HP that you can install yourself in minutes.

No need to remove the ECU or ship it anywhere. You can reset it yourself to stock. It will increase the speed and crispness of the shifts as well.

Here is a link to an informational video

if you would like shoot me a PM I can send you a full write up and more information about the product.

We also offer Headers, Cats, and Full Exhaust, Air Filters for your vehicle and just recently installed the whole package on a DB9.

Good luck with your purchase and were always here if you want to chat
RSC, is there a good email or contact number to reach you or just via your website? Thx.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:29 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bodessem
I can't PM anyone since I'm new... wish I could. I'm just looking for guidance on an optimum way to get to 550HP or so without breaking the bank with a systematic and "smart" method.

Maybe 550HP is out of the question and 500HP is more reasonable but if you were in my shoes what might you do and start with, etc. Thanks again guys! And Stuart, I might just give you a call on Monday or Tuesday during normal business hours.
550 HP ----> Will cost you more than the car's worth (well, maybe not that much), so FORGET ABOUT IT. Whoever told you that was feasible for any realistic sum of money was on crack.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DB9 Performance Upgrades